PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Water Mechanics in Guk

Aesop
12-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Pathing is easily exploitable in Guk, the pathing is so messed up they literally walk back and forth in the water (reference Lovely's screenshot of the water in front of EE).
I witnessed some people using the exploit on the spiders (in the waterways near giant heart spider), then experienced it myself after I fell off the walkway on the way to zone with a train hot on my heels. I tabbed out thinking I was fucked, and after a minute or so I tab back in - almost out of air with the entire train running back and forth on top of the water.

Naturally no one noticed it in BETA.

Aesop
12-21-2011, 01:17 AM
I'm more than happy to help test this. Cyren

Uthgaard
12-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Easily fixed, but it has more to do with a lack of a node in the spot you described than the water map. You might want to edit the title to pathing so the right people read the post.

Aesop
12-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Cool, thanks Uthgaard I will.

skorge
12-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Cool, thanks Uthgaard I will.

I can back this up too. When u zone into Upper Guk and make the first right, that stretch of water there is the same way as described above. I've stumbled across this on accident myself. You can literally pull a frog there and it will just run back and forth in front of you.

Albane
12-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I can back this up too. When u zone into Upper Guk and make the first right, that stretch of water there is the same way as described above. I've stumbled across this on accident myself. You can literally pull a frog there and it will just run back and forth in front of you.

I wonder how many people have exploited this. Sounds like a great way to solo exp.

Aesop
12-21-2011, 05:08 PM
A couple people who did got the smackdown yesterday, i'd be willing to bet the king is an easy solo near the EE spawn. Anyone wanna see if it works? Lovely?

Nirgon
12-21-2011, 05:09 PM
If you reported this before he was lvl 40 he woulda tried it.... and posted the results at 50.

zing.