PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Vampiric Embrace issue

Shaakglith12194
12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Soloing on my (then 35) sk this morning and vampiric embrace was behaving strangely. It would proc for the normal scaled damage at that level one or two times (think it was 47), then it would proc for only like 18 damage. It would occasionally go back to its normal damage, but I couldn't see any pattern. I'd get one or two normal procs here and there over the course of many hours of soloing, but for the most part, when VE procced, it would only do 18 damage (was fear kiting so wasn't able to see if it was healing for what it should). Also, I noticed that on at least one instance, it procced for the normal damage PLUS the bugged damage, as you can see in this screen. Maybe that was one proc per swing on that double attack? Dunno, but 18 damage is definitely not right for that proc at level 35.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa386/AHyde12194/VEbugreport.jpg

kanras
12-19-2011, 09:19 PM
The 18 is correct for a 35 SK. 47 would be correct if you were a necro, I believe. I couldn't reproduce this, however. If you have more info, please post it.

Xadion
12-19-2011, 11:35 PM
cap should be 32 for sk's and necros.

but its 'working as intended' so...just keep it exactly how it is now eh wink wink

Uthgaard
12-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Kanras is correct. It scales differently. Your source is inaccurate.

Shaakglith12194
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I had no source but memory until I read the replies and did a bit of research. Kanras is correct that the 18 damage proc at level 35 is the correct amount, but that still does not explain the 47 damage proc. At 37 it occasionally procs for 49 damage. After having more time to observe it, I find that it sometimes even procs when I don't have the Vampiric Embrace buff cast on myself (and procs what I must assume is the amount a necro would get at that level from the spell). It's the only proc that I have. Not game breaking, and when it's fixed I'll be sad to see the extra dmg/lifetap go, but Vamp Embrace is a little bit bugged.