PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Sunday, December 18, 2011

Rogean
12-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Code

Rogean: Added a line of sight requirement for mobs' combat range. This was previously being ignored, leading to the issue of mobs attacking through walls or not casting their spells. Mobs will now continue pathing until both conditions are met. Report any strange behavior in the bug forums. Pathing nodes may need to be addressed in various locations.
Rogean/Nilbog: City guards will now indiscriminately attack any players that they notice making offensive actions towards another player.
Kanras: Removed TimeOfDay (2) restriction on Song of Twilight.
Kanras: Jonthan's Provocation and Jonthan's Inspiration: Changed targettype from GroupSingle to Self, and removed rune effect.
Null: Changed pet damage in PvP from 50% to 80%. This is based off screenshots from early kunark (but post pet pvp nerfs from classic) that show shaman pets hitting for significantly more than they do here.

Content

Nilbog: polar bears in Everfrost max hit decreased.
Nilbog: Bipdo Hargin now sells weapon molds.
Nilbog: Ancient Cyclops of South Ro should work properly again.
Nilbog: Freeport rogues are now on the correct faction.
Nilbog: orc scalps no longer drop all over norrath. They will drop in and around the Deathfist areas.
Nilbog: Marshal Ghobbler correctly responds about the 'Squad Ring' quest. It can be recharged by Hendi Mrubble (amiable required)
Nilbog: Gregor Nasin accepts the parts for the Barkeep Compendium separately. (Multiquestable)
Nilbog: Brother Hayle rewards the proper key for the 'Blessed Oil' quest.
Nilbog: Greedy Vendors: Certain merchants, usually in easy to reach locations, buy for half price, and sell for double. Buyer beware.
Nilbog: Misty Thicket deputies assist versus wasps.
Nilbog: Ran Sunfire responds about Grynn.
Nilbog: Werewolves will only be seen at night.
Nilbog: Doran Vargnus is now primary faction StormGuard.
Nilbog: The 'Knight' card from Moodoro will be seen less often.
Nilbog: Three Kaladim vendors were sharing the same spawnpoint. Dooni, Gurtha, and Hanek are now individual spawns.
Nilbog: Tissin Greybloom and Serenk Greybloom now spawn independently.
Nilbog: Gehnon Dejartes and Felia Milltorn spawn independently.
Nilbog: Gem objects in Ak`Anon continuously spin.
Nilbog: Opal H`Rugla now spawns.
Nilbog: Minya Coldtoes vendor list updated.
Nilbog: Minya Coldtoes and Silna Weaver will spawn/despawn depending on time of day.
Nilbog: The band of adventurers in North Karana now have faction and pathing.
Nilbog: Jengo Smirt sells Earring of Fire Reflection.
Nilbog: Guards MCcluskey and Donlan will patrol once per day, only at night.
Nilbog: Nexona no longer drops The Scimitar of Lifestealing. Xygoz can now drop Razor Sharp Short Sword.
Nilbog: Guard Tolus will drop nicer loot.
Nilbog: Palious Jarten cures disease for 10 gold pieces.
Nilbog: Iceberg spawns properly and follows Tundra Jack.
Nilbog: Sister of the Spire may now drop Golden Efreeti Ring.
Nilbog: Slansin Denvin now primary faction CoalitionofTradefolkIll
Nilbog: Golden Ember Powder no longer drops.
Nilbog: Teir`dal of Lesser Faydark loot improved, spawn time increased.
Nilbog: Kevlin Diggs now closes his shop at night time, when he leaves his payment for Ace. Kevlin also now sells chainmail instead of alcohol.
Nilbog: Mangler provides faction hits when killed.
Nilbog: Fixed an issue with Chanda Miller not rewarding Bear-hide cape.
Nilbog: Bizazzt is now known as Bizazzzt.
Sundawg: Base faction modifiers brought more inline with classic; work ongoing. Please beware as your travel, /con everything.
Sundawg: Equalized initial turn in experience and faction hits for all characters. No characters should start above amiable with their guild.

Previously Updated

Kanras: NPCs level 50 and above can be taunted. (Blue only)
Kanras: Higher level pets Magician, Necromancer, and Shadowkinght will automatically dual wield. (Blue only)
Kanras: Capped tradeskills at 200. (Red only)
Nilbog: Commander Kane and Lahn Whinstone spawn appropriately depending on day or night.
Nilbog: 'Human' faction now exists. NPCs affected: Craven Jonsbrow, Donoven Blurr, Dunvan Mercwinn, Hurgo Felcind, Mantrek Needlebender, Ranzall Netcaster, Zachariah Reigh
Nilbog: Storn Trueblade exists again.
Nilbog: lava crawlers are social with each other.
Nilbog: pirates, buccaneers, and Greater Faydark bandits primary faction changed to Fizzlethorp.
Nilbog: drowned citizens removed until Velious.
Nilbog: swampwater crocodiles in upper guk no longer social.
Nilbog: "Health Potion" quest now works.
Nilbog: Den Magason's quests provide correct faction rewards.
Nilbog: Buzzlin Bornahm or Grendin Maze respawn at daytime and nighttime.
Nilbog: diseased shark is more common.
Nilbog: swimming rogues near Erudin docks pathing and spawns corrected.
Nilbog: guard pathing near Erudin docks corrected.
Nilbog: Prayers of Life dropped by Gorenaire now have 5 charges.
Null: Bard Snare and Mez now have resist checks every pulse instead of just on the first pulse (PvP Server Only)
Null: Increased the effect of AC in PvP.
Null: Added a Resist mod for Stuns to about where Root was last build. Enchanters nuke line is exempt from this (PvP Server Only).
Null: Decreased the amount of MR needed to get the full benefit of Root and Snare resist mods (PvP Server Only).
Null: Fixed an issue with spells fading on the client but remaining on the server.

disco
12-18-2011, 08:58 AM
good work as always guys.

fixed pets to dual wield - sweet!

Seaweedpimp
12-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Did you guys fix the shissar seance staff?!

aorc001
12-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Cheers, excellent work sirs.

Zalaerian
12-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Why are tradeskills capped at 200?

Crug
12-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Where is the file for the patch?

Jomar
12-18-2011, 01:18 PM
missing a new spell file? i know sunstrike's core attributes were changed, and i'm sure others were as well.

wish kanras published his list of fixes, i bet he had close to 50 in this patch. very awesome work.

PureLo
12-18-2011, 01:38 PM
It said that the taunt was fixed for lvl 50 plus prior to today, well if that is the case the hate generated needs to be increased because it still feels broken... otherwise it is a "false" fix. Please check the data.

Daldaen
12-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Not mentioned in this update but...

Kedge Keep health updating issues were fixed, along with /pet attack issues. <3

Lazortag
12-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Code
Kanras: Removed TimeOfDay (2) restriction on Song of Twilight.

Nice! Make sure this is still nerfed on red99 though.

kanras
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM

kanras
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Did you guys fix the shissar seance staff?!

It should be working, but I can't guarantee the client will be sync'd properly if there's no spells file.

missing a new spell file? i know sunstrike's core attributes were changed, and i'm sure others were as well.

The only changes that really require a spell file update for clients are the ones that take up buff slots. DDs, etc. are all handled server-side exclusively.

donttazecast
12-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Hi can you please answer why tradeskills were capped at 200

Daldaen
12-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Because its classic?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-2.html

------------------------------
September 19, 2000 7:00 am
------------------------------
*Trade Skills Enhanced*

Many of the trade skills in game have received massive enhancements,
including dozens of new craftable items, new fishing and foraging
items, and other things to be discovered once in game.

In addition, trade-skill specialization has been implemented. Players
will be able to exceed 200 points of skill in ONE of the generally
available tradeskills. This includes:

- Baking
- Blacksmithing
- Brewing
- Jewelcraft
- Tailoring
- Fletching
- Pottery

Once above 200 points in one of these skills, no other skill will be
able to exceed 200. Specialization restrictions do not include class or
race-specific trade skills such as Alchemy, Make Poison, and Tinkering.
Players with race or class-specific trade skills will be able to exceed
200 points of skill in that skill, PLUS any generally available trade
skill.

The enhancement of trade skills is an on-going project. Further
enhancements will be made in the coming weeks.

- The EverQuest Team

Seaweedpimp
12-19-2011, 04:08 AM
It should be working, but I can't guarantee the client will be sync'd properly if there's no spells file.

The only changes that really require a spell file update for clients are the ones that take up buff slots. DDs, etc. are all handled server-side exclusively.

confirmed fixed

<3 <3 <3

Twoberries
12-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Null: Bard Snare and Mez now have resist checks every pulse instead of just on the first pulse (PvP Server Only)

I may be wrong, but I thought bard resist checks were every 2nd pulse.

edit: 1st -3rd -5th -7th - etc.

Kubaton
12-19-2011, 02:59 PM
After talking to a lot of individuals in game it seems I am not the only one who has noticed that Rogue bstab is tweeked wrong.. Ive noticed my lvl53 rogue hitting 80% of the time in the lvl30 damage ranges or not at all... Skills capped, Str is over 200 with a dmg10 weapon... shouldnt be bstabbing for 78dmg constantly.. that is weird, and wrong

stavio
12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Nilbog: orc scalps no longer drop all over norrath. They will drop in and around the Deathfist areas.

<CRYS>. Was a great way for new characters to make a little plat here and there in the gfay side of the world. Also was a decent way to get rid of some of the billions of plat running around on the server.

Also to the poster above me, Im having the same problems on my rogue with his backstab. I was noticing last night in my MM group that my BS was hitting for half of what it used to. Not once did I see a high number like im used to. I actually felt kinda useless in the group because our tanks 1hd weapon was hitting as hard as my backstab :(

But thanks for the bug fixes and stuff....

Slave
12-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Oh thank god you nerfed bards on red even worse than they started out. And thanks for not fixing any of the other bard bugs that have been extensively mentioned and proofed, and would have begun to make them more Classic.

Better get working on the rest of the bard nerfs right away, and whatever you do, don't look at the laundry list of things that should have been fixed that would actually increase their power. That would suck.

Especially thank you to Lazortag, who is the best person on the forums, consistently lobbying for extra bard nerf and against bard buffing. We are so extremely privileged to have you looking out for the rest of the players against the extremely mean and drastically overpowered bard.

Lazortag
12-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh thank god you nerfed bards on red even worse than they started out. And thanks for not fixing any of the other bard bugs that have been extensively mentioned and proofed, and would have begun to make them more Classic.

Better get working on the rest of the bard nerfs right away, and whatever you do, don't look at the laundry list of things that should have been fixed that would actually increase their power. That would suck.

Especially thank you to Lazortag, who is the best person on the forums, consistently lobbying for extra bard nerf and against bard buffing. We are so extremely privileged to have you looking out for the rest of the players against the extremely mean and drastically overpowered bard.

Actually the most egregious bug (mez) was fixed, and you should probably stop whining.

Rust1d?
12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I should have rolled a mage

Intricus
12-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Aww, no more bank-camping players :(

Rhaj
12-20-2011, 11:37 AM

Sunstrike still shows a mana requirement of 500, I thought it was going to be reduced to 450?

kanras
12-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Sunstrike still shows a mana requirement of 500, I thought it was going to be reduced to 450?

Like Jomar mentioned in the bug thread, it's correctly costing 450 mana because that's the data the server has. But since the spells file wasn't updated, it's still requiring 500 mana to start casting it on the client.

Paumad
12-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Kanras: Jonthan's Provocation and Jonthan's Inspiration: Changed targettype from GroupSingle to Self, and removed rune effect.

I thought that after this change we were expecting the song wouldn't require us to target ourselves for every refresh and behave like any other buff song but only ticking on the bard ? It's not the case and I was wondering if that's actually intended. My classic bard wisdom isn't that great, would like some input on that.

kanras
12-20-2011, 04:16 PM
I thought that after this change we were expecting the song wouldn't require us to target ourselves for every refresh and behave like any other buff song but only ticking on the bard ? It's not the case and I was wondering if that's actually intended. My classic bard wisdom isn't that great, would like some input on that.

You're correct. This is another issue caused by not having a new spells file distributed.

bamzal
12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
these guys are delivering, like santa!

Knuckle
12-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Rogean/Nilbog: City guards will now indiscriminately attack any players that they notice making offensive actions towards another player.

A neriak guard sees a dark elf shadow knight harmtouch a human and attacks the Dark Elf? Everquest has beaten racism.

jdklaw
12-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Bew Hew. Can I use your entire post plus sig as MY sig? Thanks.

nick
12-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Just curious what the basis for removing drowned citizens is. Is it just for complete accuracy (I saw something about GMs removing them on live for a while due to aggro or spawn issues on either the acolyte's anklet quest zam page or on the drowned citizens zam page itself)? I was trying to recommend that quest (acolyte's) to a lowbie druid but he got frustrated due to lack of spawns, and it seems like on live they were removed only due to some spawn/loot/aggro issue which wasn't present on p99.

Lazortag
12-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Just curious what the basis for removing drowned citizens is. Is it just for complete accuracy (I saw something about GMs removing them on live for a while due to aggro or spawn issues on either the acolyte's anklet quest zam page or on the drowned citizens zam page itself)? I was trying to recommend that quest (acolyte's) to a lowbie druid but he got frustrated due to lack of spawns, and it seems like on live they were removed only due to some spawn/loot/aggro issue which wasn't present on p99.

My guess is that they were removed because they didn't exist until velious. I don't have proof aside from the fact that everlore archives don't show them existing until after velious was released, and the comments on the drowned citizen page are all dated 2001 or later.

nick
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Could be. I thought I remembered having the anklet before velious came out, but that was 10 years ago, so I sure could be wrong.