PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Raid Variance

Mardur
12-17-2011, 10:04 PM
There is currently variance on raid spawns.

This should have been the #1 thing removed for this server.

disco
12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
agree, I need some stuff to read while im at work, when raiding guilds know exact timer!

Mardur
12-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Exact timers known = encourages PvP. Variance was implemented to quell bluebie whining, why is it here?

Lazortag
12-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Well considering you are killing things with known exploits (like pets being immune to fear) perhaps you should wait a little while longer before your next dragon kill just so you can learn your lesson.

nilbog
12-18-2011, 12:36 AM
I'll do some work on this tomorrow.

Essentially, I'll make duplicate raid targets to be pvp-specific, with no variance. I do not believe any variance should exist for pvp npcs.

Iwazaru
12-18-2011, 12:53 AM
I do not believe any variance should exist for pvp npcs.

I would ask that you do not put the timer as even number. Or Euro or other times zones will never see those mobs.

Hughman
12-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Well considering you are killing things with known exploits (like pets being immune to fear) perhaps you should wait a little while longer before your next dragon kill just so you can learn your lesson.

Trolled

Zalaerian
12-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Keep the variance. Wtf are you trolling the staff into jesus christ

Truth
12-18-2011, 02:18 AM
dont give a fuck either way yall blue

Mardur
12-18-2011, 03:13 AM

Lol, really? Holocaust confirmed mega blue if they need variance on a pvp server.

Variance is NON CLASSIC and was added to quell bluebie raid camping disputs (lawl). Anyone supporting variance is afraid of PvP occurring at spawn times and just wants to PvE poop sock raid content.

Softcore PK
12-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Wouldn't variance allow casual guilds more of a chance at raid targets? Seems good to me.

Uthgaard
12-18-2011, 03:27 AM
No. People who want your targets more than you are going to find ways to get it, variance or not.

Variance isn't supposed to be in, it only exists on blue because of the retardation that regularly occurs with no other recourse there. PVP server is there for PVP. Fight for your mobs, it's the whole reason it's a PVP server.

May the better neckbeard walk away lewted.

YendorLootmonkey
12-18-2011, 03:43 AM
No. People who want your targets more than you are going to find ways to get it, variance or not.

Variance isn't supposed to be in, it only exists on blue because of the retardation that regularly occurs with no other recourse there. PVP server is there for PVP. Fight for your mobs, it's the whole reason it's a PVP server.

^^ this. I am a pussy bluebie, but PVP was supposed to solve all bluebie problems. Fight for your mobs, just the way you wanted.

Zalaerian
12-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Lets have a recap of 3.0
Camp out at dragon. Dragon pops. Within 20 secs 32k mob dead. Move on to next dragon. Camp out for the week. Good times.

Zalaerian
12-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Keeping making decisions based off people who never have played on a PvP emu b4 also. Should end well.

Lazortag
12-18-2011, 03:36 PM
You insinuate that the people against variance haven't played on an emu pvp server, but it sounds more like you've never played everquest before. Firstly, since this is a pvp server, if a guild is camped out at a dragon you can just kill them. Secondly, if you can't kill them because there are too many of them, just go for another raid mob. With no variance most mobs will be on a 7 day timer and will respawn at roughly the same time, so guilds likely won't zerg one raid mob because then they'll lose all chances of killing any other raid mobs. This problem solves itself, no need for variance.

YendorLootmonkey
12-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Lets have a recap of 3.0
Camp out at dragon. Dragon pops. Engage competing guilds and, you know, actually PVP on a PVP server. Winner gets dragon. Move on to next dragon. Camp out for the week. Good times.

FIFY

Zalaerian
12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Your missing what I'm saying. Im all for non varianced spawns. Logging in one day a week to slay all the raid mobs will be great. Sundays was always football while slaying dragons all day. No pressure to log in at 4am on a Tuesday. Gonna be tons of euro tears.

Lazortag
12-18-2011, 04:20 PM
You're sending me mixed messages:

Zalaerian
12-18-2011, 04:30 PM
For once I was thinking of the whole server and not my own greed. I'm sorry 4 all u euros who will never see a raid mob. I was thinking of u i sware.

Silikten
12-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Lol, really? Holocaust confirmed mega blue if they need variance on a pvp server.

Variance is NON CLASSIC and was added to quell bluebie raid camping disputs (lawl). Anyone supporting variance is afraid of PvP occurring at spawn times and just wants to PvE poop sock raid content.

you blue

Nirgon
12-21-2011, 05:13 PM

Aesop
12-21-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't see how variance makes that big of a deal, just extends the time guild A has to hold zone control over guild B. Also variance helps Euro guilds compete when guild A has dragons spawning at 4:30 AM Swedish time.

Lazortag
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
I don't see how variance makes that big of a deal, just extends the time guild A has to hold zone control over guild B. Also variance helps Euro guilds compete when guild A has dragons spawning at 4:30 AM Swedish time.

Because it makes raiding pointless and unnecessarily difficult for those of us who aren't willing to spend 96 hours in a row logged in? I'm not sure what kind of variance you support but on blue99 most raid mobs have 96 hour windows. Yeah, fuck that.

Aesop
12-21-2011, 06:04 PM
96 hours is ridiculous, I agree. I didn't know it was that large holy shit.

Aesop
12-21-2011, 06:05 PM
I mean either way I don't particularly give a shit, but naturally that's not going to stop me from giving my opinion.