PDA

View Full Version : So did you switch classes yet?

entilza
11-04-2009, 10:32 AM
So who started with one class and switched to another?

So far I am pretty happy I chose the Shaman class, I find the diversity great right now. Also having sow is priceless for me :) I try to sow everyone I can lol...

Just ding'ed level 10 and noticed a lot of the regulars I had played with seemed to have disappeared so hopefully they have just switched classes or something, because everyone I've met so far seems to be really into it and fun to play with..

guineapig
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm sticking with my chanter. She's only lvl 8 but that's because I was out all Halloween weekend and I spent last night running to HHK for pet spells and getting all the parts I need for my Stein of Moggok.

I kind of wish there were less of us running around but I can't knock others for realizing what a great challenge and benefit the class is.

Where are you hunting at at level 10? I don't want to stay in Crushbone too much longer, I would love to try something different.

President
11-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Level 18 Warrior.. Wont be changing classes!

Maldan
11-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I started a druid, got him to 13, and because of some friends re-rolling due to issues they find difficult to overcome (bard song-twisting I'm talking about you), I re-rolled a DE cleric. I'll very likely pick the druid back up when we near 13 because SoW and ports make me smile :D.

entilza
11-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Im on the other side, Blackburrow!

Going to stick with the Karana side for now explore all the wide open spaces of everfrost/Karanas. If it's too empty I'll flock over where more people are...

girth
11-04-2009, 01:27 PM
I didn't reroll but I stopped playing until melee inc damage is fixed or Mend is.

Otto
11-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Hit 50 on my rogue and am now playing a monk (level 19).

I don't see many problems yet. Sure mend is broken, but not that badly.

Re-rolled the monk to help with pulls =)

Villert
11-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Hit 50 on my rogue and am now playing a monk (level 19).

I don't see many problems yet. Sure mend is broken, but not that badly.

Re-rolled the monk to help with pulls =)

Problem with mend you'll find at post 100 skill. The issue with mend not showing messages at early levels is either fixed, or fixes itself - but that's hardly much of a problem :-p

Nytewind TP
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
I didn't reroll but I stopped playing until melee inc damage is fixed or Mend is.

Like wise, I don't play nearly as much as I did when the server first went live. Still things that aren't working right. I play from time to time, but not going crazy until server is much more in line where it's suppose to be.

Cribanox
11-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Im playing a lvl 8 ranger and I'm liking it so far. I dont think I'll be rolling another until high 30's or 40's.

Indio
11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
I will keep the faith and keep on rolling along slowly with my monk.

guineapig
11-04-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm trying to avoid my mistakes from the past and get my main to 50 before I start an alt. This way if I get into a good guild I can go raiding with my chanter and where there is nothing scheduled I can work on an alt.

Ideally it would be awesome to have a lvl 50 main and a 30-something alt or 2 if and when Kunark gets released on P1999. That way I could enjoy the best of what Kunark has to offer right away.

Otto
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Problem with mend you'll find at post 100 skill. The issue with mend not showing messages at early levels is either fixed, or fixes itself - but that's hardly much of a problem :-p

I won't mind mend not working post 100 skill. There are plenty of known bugs in the game that are being worked on diligently... many of them rogue bugs. Didn't stop me from playing and hitting 50 =D

Derazor
11-04-2009, 05:14 PM
I started with monk. Got to level 4 and re-rolled to Necro.

I am happy with Necro.

Jify
11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
yup! Magician to Ranger! :D

andymc1980
11-05-2009, 06:49 PM
started monk, and created a warrior...after learnign of down points...went back to my original druid and loving it....ish...lol

Haynar
11-09-2009, 09:20 PM
Started with SK. Started leveling.

At about level 3, made a Necro. At about level 5 on Necro, made a Monk.

Got Monk to level 2, found out it was just as bad as playing the SK. Got mad, deleted SK.

Leveled Necro to 16, made new SK, twinked him a little bit.

Leveled SK to 6.

Got Necro to 17, spent 3 hrs doing CRs to get no exp for a days playing (totally the classic feel now).

Got totally spanked on Necro by a few mobs around level 6 or 7, lost motivation to play. Will try again next week.

Haynar

Akom
11-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I started a bard since I had a bard alt on live many years ago. Found out that bards are somewhat broken on proj99, but going to stick with it and keep my fingers crossed.

SOMEONE's gotta be the mana battery.

entilza
11-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Started with SK. Started leveling.

At about level 3, made a Necro. At about level 5 on Necro, made a Monk.

Got Monk to level 2, found out it was just as bad as playing the SK. Got mad, deleted SK.

Leveled Necro to 16, made new SK, twinked him a little bit.

Leveled SK to 6.

Got Necro to 17, spent 3 hrs doing CRs to get no exp for a days playing (totally the classic feel now).

Got totally spanked on Necro by a few mobs around level 6 or 7, lost motivation to play. Will try again next week.

Haynar

LOL just pick one that you like the most and enjoy the other classes by grouping with them, don't get caught in a 'grass is greener' or you will be stuck :)

But yes it's nice to take a break after those CR's lol...

stormlord
11-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Im playing a lvl 8 ranger and I'm liking it so far. I dont think I'll be rolling another until high 30's or 40's.

I rolled a ranger when eq originally launched. I think they're a solid class to play if you want to have the option to solo. They can bring a lot to a duo or a small group if the arrangement is not optimal.

I'm really getting an itch to play on this sever!!! I'm thinking about getting SOF because Titanium is too expensive and hard to find. This is too good to pass up. I may never get an opportunity to do this again. Who knows????

Tollen
11-10-2009, 10:43 AM
SoF wont work on this server

girth
11-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I am not playing my monk no, but I didn't reroll either, I'm just waiting till they fix Mend/incoming mob damage before I play him.

Haynar
11-11-2009, 01:54 AM
SOF will just flat out not work right in some zones. You are better with Titanium, hands down.

I prefer SK overall. So I will probably go that route, and just group, until the server better supports soloing. Once an SK, always an SK. Nothing else really compares when you have it in your blood.

Haynar

Jero
11-11-2009, 02:27 AM
played war till 23 , they are so horrible i rerolled sk , sk is 15 can solo better than most group exp unless i have a ridic group , take snap agro and holds it unless im super lazy ... wars are totally worthless on this server , till kunark/discs come out theres really no reason to play one

mine as well roll a mage and farm gear for a war , twink him to the gills and then maybe they might be worth playing ... monk may have its problem and might not be the best dps , but at least you can do what you were meant to , most wars are rerolling cause the class is so bad ...

in classic wars were generally at the top of the melee dps charts at least , here blah ... and i love the war class, its just too bad

Sloth
11-11-2009, 10:32 AM
My troll sk levels super slow but I'm having a blast with it. It does suck when everyone in the guild is outleveling me but I don't see myself switching. If I were to reroll I'd probably make a wizard as I've never really played one before. Utility is so important in classic. Ports would be great.

eqravenprince
11-11-2009, 11:25 AM
I started off as a Ranger, got to level 3 and the main crowd of people were already outleveling me considerably. I figured that I had better choose a better soloing class. Now I have a level 18 Necro, and quite happy for switching. I figure I can always twink out my next character since Necro should be fairly good at farming gear.

Jero
11-11-2009, 07:51 PM
My troll sk levels super slow but I'm having a blast with it. It does suck when everyone in the guild is outleveling me but I don't see myself switching. If I were to reroll I'd probably make a wizard as I've never really played one before. Utility is so important in classic. Ports would be great.

Wizards have zero utility , so dont roll one if you want a utility class , my main raiding up thru velious was wizard and i loved him, but hated how i could offer nothig other than dps

Pitborn
11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
I rolled a ranger when eq originally launched. I think they're a solid class to play if you want to have the option to solo. They can bring a lot to a duo or a small group if the arrangement is not optimal.

I'm really getting an itch to play on this sever!!! I'm thinking about getting SOF because Titanium is too expensive and hard to find. This is too good to pass up. I may never get an opportunity to do this again. Who knows????

Get a titanium torrent of the net.

Free