PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Sow FASTER than drum bard selos!

xblade724
12-14-2011, 10:57 PM
FREEZ, 17 chanter, outran 3 FoH with SoW, running faster than my selos + drum. Noticed by more than just my guild, also Kaedence, another bard that was looking out for the guy passed him and couldnt get near him even with his drum selos as well. He's proud of his hacks..

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/bz6RrdVoHGuwYDFCaLaXR9JqR7L54UdAeokkf6eid6Pn1niMJR yJgAlXNSZMVGoT6gxZ63NaZYdIn2V-TqRUJwbFudE3DfdJDDk=w1024

Also have reports from Jobuu, Scrunch, and Kaedence

Uthgaard
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
The bug forum is for bugs, not your personal blog of every thing that upsets you. Start doing your homework before you post. I haven't seen you post a single thing that is really a bug. The more time is wasted explaining the basics, the less time is spent getting things done.

I'll even give you the information to figure this one out on your own.

Selo`s Accelerando is a 20% movement speed increase at level 5, to 75% at level 60.
Spirit of Wolf is a 34% movement speed increase at level 9, to 60% at level 60.

So yes, sow can "match bard speed with drum".

xblade724
12-14-2011, 11:27 PM
u so mad brah. if selos moves faster than drum, thats bug.
try reading posts. i post a lot of bugs. all your posts simply troll people from posting bugs, king sir of infinite eq knowledge.

Truth
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
It would only be faster if a higher level cast the sow on him. Equal level bard with drum will always be faster than equal level sow.

quido
12-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Sow maxes out at a lower level, I believe; I'm not certain that it continues to get faster into your 50s. Assuming this is true, without a drum, the per level increase for SoW is much greater than Selos.

Slave
12-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Selo`s Accelerando is a 20% movement speed increase at level 5, to 75% at level 60.

x 1.8 or 180% of normal with a hand drum.

Truth
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Let's at least use the correct numbers then.

SoW (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Spirit_of_Wolf): Increase Movement Speed by 34% (L9) to 55% (L50)
Selos (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Selo%27s_Accelerando): Increase Movement Speed by 20% (L5) to 65% (L50)

Selos, starts lower, and caps higher. The per level increase will always be higher per elementary math. With a drum, the two are incomparable.

It's obvious if Freez was out running you that you're like level 9 and he had a level 50 shaman sow him,.

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 12:07 AM
I know what the correct numbers are, I'm the one who did the entire spell file. The wiki is maintained by players, from web resources.

The fact of the matter is that Selos is not always faster than sow. Even with a drum.

This is not a bug.

xblade724
12-15-2011, 12:08 AM
yea right; how many 50 shamans do you see on this server? i'm lvl 13 with a bard drum.

Then that's not classic -- never seen sow outrun bard song w/drum

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 12:11 AM
I've never seen a bear shit in the woods, but the evidence supports that they do. Moving on to real bugs.

Truth
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM
I know what the correct numbers are, I'm the one who did the entire spell file. The wiki is maintained by players, from web resources.

The fact of the matter is that Selos is not always faster than sow. Even with a drum.

This is not a bug.

I wasn't trying to get belligerent now. Even with your spellfile the math adds up for selos+drum > sow, for equal level at any level players I mean.

Freez obviously had his level 30 shaman pal cast sow or is hacking.

xblade724
12-15-2011, 12:43 AM
I wasn't trying to get belligerent now. Even with your spellfile the math adds up for selos+drum > sow, for equal level at any level players I mean.

Freez obviously had his level 30 shaman pal cast sow or is hacking.

^ Math wins

Zalaerian
12-15-2011, 12:27 PM
FYI there is a bug with SoW. I have sow potted, zoned and seem to run as fast as lvl 60 selos with drum. Zoning again removes it.

xblade724
12-15-2011, 03:32 PM
FYI there is a bug with SoW. I have sow potted, zoned and seem to run as fast as lvl 60 selos with drum. Zoning again removes it.

ah, sow potion ......

iirc, sow potions should match the level of the caster, not the creator. Either way, selos with drum has always been faster than sow at any level. Selos without drum...... I can see that. I'm talking about with drum ~

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
It does operate off of the level of the person who drinks it, the person who made it is irrelevant.

And there are only so many ways to say you're wrong. Your inability to comprehend why you're wrong does not constitute a bug.

Mardur
12-15-2011, 04:04 PM
There is a bug though, and it's been reported but remains unfixed. Very rarely when you receive sow you'll run at like selos+naggy drums speed until you click it off or zone.

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah. That's a known issue. It's a problem with buff addition that happens so rarely it's so far been impossible to reproduce enough to narrow down. It's not limited to movement, stat buffs occasionally go to max as well.

It's likely got a client based element, since nothing in the source leads to that result.

xblade724
12-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah. That's a known issue. It's a problem with buff addition that happens so rarely it's so far been impossible to reproduce enough to narrow down. It's not limited to movement, stat buffs occasionally go to max as well.

It's likely got a client based element, since nothing in the source leads to that result.

So you've trolling me through all this and there IS a confirmed bug which is a high probability that this was it? Wow. Just, wow.

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
No. There isn't even a small probability that was the case. If it was there would have been no question it was happening, there's no mistaking someone at max speed value. You wouldn't have even been able to target them to see their name and cry about it before they were out of range.

Someone getting buffed with their higher level friend's sow is going to be faster than your dinky hand drum modified low level selos, no matter how much you think that shouldn't be true.

Softcore PK
12-16-2011, 03:17 AM
Selo's is slower than sow (even with drum) until you get into like your 20s.

Slave
12-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Selo's is slower than sow (even with drum) until you get into like your 20s.

What is this even supposed to mean?

SoW (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Spirit_of_Wolf): Increase Movement Speed by 34% (L9) to 55% (L50)
Selos (http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Selo%27s_Accelerando): Increase Movement Speed by 20% (L5) to 65% (L50)

This means that level 5 Selos with drum is faster than level 9 SoW, and gets faster and faster as the levels increase.

visage
12-17-2011, 09:24 AM
The bug forum is for bugs, not your personal blog of every thing that upsets you. Start doing your homework before you post. I haven't seen you post a single thing that is really a bug. The more time is wasted explaining the basics, the less time is spent getting things done.

I'll even give you the information to figure this one out on your own.

Spirit of Wolf is a 34% movement speed increase at level 9, to 60% at level 60.

So yes, sow can "match bard speed with drum".

I highly agree regardless. Xblade has to be 13. His numerous post and ooc banter. Is the most retarded crap on these servers and boards. I really can't wait till he is proper level and I can farm and grief him.

Softcore PK
12-17-2011, 01:05 PM
What is this even supposed to mean?

It means exactly what it says. I'm not sure of any of the math behind it, that's generally not how my mind works. But I've experienced it first-hand, and that is how it feels. You know how selo's at level 5, even with a drum, is a very very slight speed increase? Well it gets faster each level, but never noticeably so. And sow, from level 14 onwards (never really had a sow from a 9 shaman I don't think, but have played a druid) is a very noticeable speed increase.

In the teens, sow is faster than selo's. It's really easy to tell this; the spots on the ground fly by much faster with sow. Sometime in the early 20s (or maybe late teens) selo's overtakes sow, and by the mid-late 20s it's completely obvious that you're the fastest thing around (excepting spirit of cheetah and higher level bards).

Again, this is all based in feeling. Without looking at the numbers and understanding the formulas (are they really as simple as they seem?) this is the only way to judge what's going on here. Even if I am wrong, who's to say this bard wasn't outrun by an enchanter with a high level sow?

Slave
12-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure of any of the math behind it, that's generally not how my mind works. But I've experienced it first-hand, and that is how it feels. You know how selo's at level 5, even with a drum, is a very very slight speed increase? Well it gets faster each level, but never noticeably so. And sow, from level 14 onwards (never really had a sow from a 9 shaman I don't think, but have played a druid) is a very noticeable speed increase.

In the teens, sow is faster than selo's. It's really easy to tell this; the spots on the ground fly by much faster with sow. Sometime in the early 20s (or maybe late teens) selo's overtakes sow, and by the mid-late 20s it's completely obvious that you're the fastest thing around (excepting spirit of cheetah and higher level bards).

Again, this is all based in feeling. Without looking at the numbers and understanding the formulas (are they really as simple as they seem?) this is the only way to judge what's going on here.

Well, you're wrong. Can I borrow a feeling? In hindsight it's a pretty funny couple of paragraphs.

This means that level 5 Selos with drum is faster than level 9 SoW, and gets faster and faster as the levels increase.

Even if I am wrong, who's to say this bard wasn't outrun by an enchanter with a high level sow?

Nobody. Occam's Razor: this is the most likely scenario. I was just trying to inform you.