PDA

View Full Version : Server Pop plummeting

gloinz
12-14-2011, 08:33 PM
server pop plummeting: discuss

I think its because lovely has single handedly demotivated every player on server because at the end of the long grind tunnel is lovely with ice comet, nagafens tractor beam, and 50 gate pots

Diggles
12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I think it's because the server is full of assholes who rub their penises across their monitor while they screen shot every PK they get.

gloinz
12-14-2011, 08:44 PM
I think it's because the server is full of assholes who rub their penises across their monitor while they screen shot every PK they get.

dont doubt this big gloinz cant help it but slay everything in sight

Envious
12-14-2011, 08:44 PM

Or like Salty, take 5 SS's for no killshot.

Daefuin
12-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Or like Salty, take 5 SS's for no killshot.

Are you dumb? It showed his body falling to the ground. Spell effects and corpse. Would you like me to post the screenshot with the text that says You have slain Killing? I have about 16 of those screenshots btw, but I can post that specific one if you'll stop whining about it.

Back to original discussion:

Players PERCEIVE there to be some sort of massive exploiting going on because

a) idiots trolling general forum about exploits, wipes, etc when it couldn't be further from the truth. Ask someone to expound on the "massive exploits" and all you get is gibberish about 2 people gained 2-3 levels each using wands and how mage swords are an exploit.

b) lovely trolling general forum trying to convince people he's exploiting his way to nagafen, guk, etc loots when it couldn't be further from the truth.

This could be solved by proper forum moderation. There's no reason that there should be a 15 page thread for 3 days about wiping the server on the main server chat forum. You think that helps server population?

Furthermore, server pop is still pretty healthy. VZTZ had 100-140 players on much of the time with the majority 2-3 boxed.

Harrison
12-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Toxic, exploiting, degenerate, immature, terrible community. Nothing more; nothing less. Illegitimate top leveled players free farming with no repercussions. Lol.

MethodSZ
12-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Are you dumb? It showed his body falling to the ground. Spell effects and corpse. Would you like me to post the screenshot with the text that says You have slain Killing? I have about 16 of those screenshots btw, but I can post that specific one if you'll stop whining about it.

Back to original discussion:

Players PERCEIVE there to be some sort of massive exploiting going on because

a) idiots trolling general forum about exploits, wipes, etc when it couldn't be further from the truth. Ask someone to expound on the "massive exploits" and all you get is gibberish about 2 people gained 2-3 levels each using wands and how mage swords are an exploit.

b) lovely trolling general forum trying to convince people he's exploiting his way to nagafen, guk, etc loots when it couldn't be further from the truth.

This could be solved by proper forum moderation. There's no reason that there should be a 15 page thread for 3 days about wiping the server on the main server chat forum. You think that helps server population?

Furthermore, server pop is still pretty healthy. VZTZ had 100-140 players on much of the time with the majority 2-3 boxed.

1) VZTZ was a trash server so lets not use that as a way to gauge success here.

2) Obviously there were bugs that were exploited. Whether they gave people 1 RL day or 5-7 RL days leg up on leveling is unknown (lovely says he only exploited wands for 3 levels, but that could be more like 5-6 levels, or whatever, plus it could have been used by more than just a few people). Saving a week of /played is a lot of time to someone with a job.

So you are right, no one really knows, but thats mostly the fault of the GMs that don't ever say anything about it despite it being a clear concern to the players via these forums.

So the other bugs like possibly exploited pathing with eye spells might be a big deal, might not be, won't really know.

Lastly, summoned swords + pets. I heard this got nerfed or is about to be nerfed, but only after the level 30+ crowd had a full week and half to benefit from it? That kind of shit doesn't belong and ends up being divisive to the players that didnt get a chance to benefit from it.

The fact that there is a perceived notion of exploiting going on and no one from the staff seeming to give a fuck about it is probably what hurts the server the most, more than the actual exploits.

SanlavenTZ
12-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Toxic, exploiting, degenerate, immature, terrible community. Nothing more; nothing less. Illegitimate top leveled players free farming with no repercussions. Lol.

Maybe people would take you seriously if you weren't a toxic, degenerate, immature, terrible poster.

Supreme
12-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Yaknow for all the bitching and complaining...dont people understand that it isnt going to change nor stop?

So get on board or go back to whatever game you love...but stop shitting up the forums with your drag.

inimegalg
12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
I can almost guarantee if Rogean and company could have crystal balled the future of this server b4 launch, they wouldn't even have bothered- lol.

It's a shame.

Snufz
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM
305 people on.

I started playing 2 weeks ago and it was 290- low low 300s pretty much everyday.

Seems fine.

Doors
12-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Over 300, its fine.

inimegalg
12-14-2011, 10:22 PM
shrug -- in the end, imo, it will b the the 100-120 holocaust/if/nihilum guys that r emotionally invested into the pvp that will stay on... im sure they will b content with that

bottom line is there are very little actions or activity that promotes server growth from most of the player population... ive lost count how many ppl have tried/snared me while im kiting mobs to take a xp loss then laugh about it after "U MAD?".. if u think ppl r looking forward to grinding through that kind of douchebaggery in a 12 yo game, think again i reckon that kind of mentality speaks for 75% of the server.. pvp n griefing are two diff things... n lets not even get into the bugs/sploits/etc

purest
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
staff neglect of things that call server integrity into question is main reason why

purest
12-14-2011, 10:25 PM
also most ppl arent complete no-lifers like lovely and realized eq is boring as it ever was whether pvp or pve

Darwoth
12-14-2011, 10:30 PM
did not expect zyrino to be such a crybaby in every thread, i am disappointed

Slave
12-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Darkfall all over again: Awesome exploits at the beginning of the server, the worst people abuse them, then the loopholes are closed, nobody can ever catch up to them.

Totally fucked.

Snufz
12-14-2011, 10:32 PM

Snufz
12-14-2011, 10:32 PM
O fuck 312 now, deleting char server over.

purest
12-14-2011, 10:38 PM

server pop is still hemorrhaging and will continue to until only around ~100 of you no-lifers are left

Truth
12-14-2011, 10:42 PM
300+ nonboxes during primetime is pretty fucking amazing for an emu pvp server

stop whining -ahnold

Truth
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM
only time vz/tz saw 300+ (with boxes) was during velious

I think we all know what needs to be done.

gloinz
12-14-2011, 10:52 PM
id stop at level 39 and defend dwarf city from the girly rygorr orcs

Boner Doner
12-14-2011, 10:52 PM
come on why don't y'all just sit on lovelys nuts.. i can't believe you guys are so obsessed with this chick.. yea she's good at EQ... but she's probably the nerd shopping dungeons and dragons cards at 35 behind you guys in walmart.. come the fuck on

Muaar
12-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Darkfall all over again: Awesome exploits at the beginning of the server, the worst people abuse them, then the loopholes are closed, nobody can ever catch up to them.

Totally fucked.

I know this all too well

Tombom
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
all of this is easily remedied by 1 fucking post from a gm, 1 thread acknowledging that there were issues, that they are being worked on, and that lovely has succesfully trolled the server...

this is not darkfall, you can catch up in eq, fairily easily, stop QQing so damn much.

Srs Not Ames
12-15-2011, 12:02 AM

lolol

oldfish
12-15-2011, 12:41 AM
It will be worse in a couple of months because all a fresh fish can expect from pvp is xp loss when twinks start rolling in.

Ditch xp loss asap is what i think would make the server grab more population.

Authority
12-15-2011, 02:39 AM
come on why don't y'all just sit on lovelys nuts.. i can't believe you guys are so obsessed with this chick.. yea she's good at EQ... but she's probably the nerd shopping dungeons and dragons cards at 35 behind you guys in walmart.. come the fuck on

also, in semi-related news. lovely is actually a dude. hope you weren't trying for cyberz.

gloinz
12-15-2011, 02:57 AM
It will be worse in a couple of months because all a fresh fish can expect from pvp is xp loss when twinks start rolling in.

Ditch xp loss asap is what i think would make the server grab more population.

xp loss is a nonfactor unless its a pve death

Truth
12-15-2011, 03:08 AM
i need everything given to me because i am too lazy to work for it myself

fuark
12-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Really I think a lot of people were playing to get a chance at things like Guise and Manastone that they never had a chance for on the blue server.

With the same few people with no jobs or commitments camping these spots 24/7 it is demotivating for new players who will still never get a shot at these items.

purest
12-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Really I think a lot of people were playing to get a chance at things like Guise and Manastone that they never had a chance for on the blue server.

cant get much more bluebie than that

With the same few people with no jobs or commitments camping these spots 24/7 it is demotivating for new players who will still never get a shot at these items.

i'm glad, please guys keep camping these non-stop until guise stops dropping

fuark
12-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Lol "bluebie"... note I have zero interest in going after these items and only play extremely casually to log on my druid kill some people then log off.

Just saying, the majority of this "PVP" population does a lot of item camping 24/7. Most people don't consider EQ PVP all that great, and in turn, guise and manastone are limited items that drew a huge crowd at the beginning of the server. A lot of people won't get those items, so they aren't playing anymore.

Not much to understand.

I play DAOC PVP Freeshards lol. A lot more fun atm.

fuark
12-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Lol "bluebie"... note I have zero interest in going after these items and only play extremely casually to log on my druid kill some people then log off.

Just saying, the majority of this "PVP" poopsocking population does a lot of item camping 24/7. Most people don't consider EQ PVP all that great, and in turn, guise and manastone are limited items that drew a huge crowd at the beginning of the server. A lot of people won't get those items, so they aren't playing anymore.

Not much to understand.

I play DAOC PVP Freeshards lol. A lot more fun atm.

Haul
12-15-2011, 06:14 AM

LOL

Humerox
12-15-2011, 06:35 AM
Diggles is funny as hell sometimes.

Casey
12-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Diggles is funny as hell sometimes.

That's like saying my grandma is sometimes a good driver. Get the fuck out of here Diggles.

Tassador
12-15-2011, 09:52 AM
i did a report on old people driving. found out that after 95years of age you should think about taking away the drivers license. the coordination just not the same at that age.

Vile
12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
omg only 96 on

Knuckle
12-15-2011, 10:23 AM
pizza orders skyrocketing

Lovely
12-15-2011, 10:46 AM
pizza orders skyrocketing

Pizza is unhealthy bro - here in Sweden we just order healthy sushi and thai dishes and before that we eat a healthy breakfast in our kitchen before our morning gym workout.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/mG660135.jpg

Lulz Sect
12-15-2011, 11:06 AM
CHANUKAH, CHRISTMAS, KWANZA,

and ppl that cant handle grind

Muaar
12-15-2011, 11:29 AM
confirmed 5+ ppl i know that played quit

Vile
12-15-2011, 11:35 AM

+7

Lovely
12-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Confirmed that all would have quit no matter what cuz they obviously aren't enjoying the game anymore. Does anyone care? No.

Lulz Sect
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cCjo8.jpg

Melveny
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm sure your threads helped the population. Damn I havnt seen a nerd spam forum with negative posts and cause population to drop before..........oh wait....

Still don't know how you have not eaten a ban when others have or have been atleast threatened with one.

Muaar
12-15-2011, 12:17 PM
server =/= forum

Lovely
12-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm sure your threads helped the population. Damn I havnt seen a nerd spam forum with negative posts and cause population to drop before..........oh wait....

Still don't know how you have not eaten a ban when others have or have been atleast threatened with one.

I'm the least likely person to get banned cuz I don't cry like a bitch and I never do anything wrong in game. Tyym

Melveny
12-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Who mentioned in game? See the word ban and assume in game?

I could care less what you do in game. The first thing new players/people see are your posts on the forum.

PhantomRogue
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm the least likely person to get banned cuz I don't cry like a bitch and I never do anything wrong in game. Tyym

So by wrong you mean you didn't exploit the Red Wand recharge that 95% of the forum and population wanted fixed?

Oh, that "was classic" so its obviously not exploiting a broken system that was fixed later.

conFIGured
12-15-2011, 02:01 PM
"""You have ruined your own lands. You will NOT ruin mine!"""

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM

The Lovelies and the Uthgaards are good for population. Everyone needs some polarizing figure to love or hate.

oldfish
12-15-2011, 02:58 PM
The Lovelies and the Uthgaards are good for population. Everyone needs some polarizing figure to love or hate.

Except when hes banning people because they look at him the wrong way. That cant be good for pop can it?

Diggles
12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
if you looked at him the wrong way and he found out you were cheating, sure

Diggles
12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
*turns face, has a little bit of MQ dripping from his ear*

Kringe
12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Population will be fine... Especially when several more 50s are in place and then Twink gear/Twinking comes in... People will PL their buddies/friends, making the grind alot less rigorous.

It should balance itself out with a steady 300+... Which is fine for classic and amazing for any EMU.

purest
12-15-2011, 03:18 PM
i never see any of the other complete no-lifers (doors, darwoth, reiker, etc) in denial about the fact that they are complete no-lifers, lovely is the only one who is constantly trying convince himself that he somehow does other things besides playing everquest for 12 or more hours a day every single day

Albane
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM

Problem is, this server only has the people you hate. Perhaps when the GMs remove Ice Comet, Harvest, instant 250 aoe wands, and stacks of instant portal pots, we will love the GMs.

Hopefully, this server last long enough for some Heroes to emerge.

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I saw nilbog post that he didnt have the tools to remove harvest yet. He does, I'll just have to show him where they're at and how to use them.

I see people arguing back and forth about whether ice comet quest version should be in, so I'm not sure what to think about that one, but same thing applies.

Rogean disabled recharging of wands, and I'm not sure what the instant portal potions are.

mourning
12-15-2011, 03:38 PM
I saw nilbog post that he didnt have the tools to remove harvest yet. He does, I'll just have to show him where they're at and how to use them.

I see people arguing back and forth about whether ice comet quest version should be in, so I'm not sure what to think about that one, but same thing applies.

Rogean disabled recharging of wands, and I'm not sure what the instant portal potions are.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2503

mourning
12-15-2011, 03:41 PM

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1425

Melveny
12-15-2011, 03:41 PM
First non-troll post I have read of yours uthgaard.

Albane
12-15-2011, 03:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Where do you read about updates to the server and patch notes? I can't find this info, other than from third parties on the forums. Ice Comet is such a devastating spell in PvP, that it was blocked from being used until there were enough people to kill the hardest mob in the game. This allowed the players on the server to have time to get the gear to counter it.

Right now, Ice Comet will 1 shot most level 42-45 players and you can use it to 2 shot almost anyone else.

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 03:49 PM
If by troll you mean a post where I didn't tell someone they didn't have enough evidence to support their position, or what they were posting wasn't a bug, or that it had been answered about 20 times already; there have been a couple others, but they're few and far between.

It's a direct consequence of the quality of the "bugs" posted in the bug forums. If the majority of the threads posted there were real bugs, and not the same handful of people crying about everything they want to go their way without any evidence to support them, it wouldn't be necessary.

Only you can prevent retardation in the bug forum.

Melveny
12-15-2011, 04:20 PM
By troll I mean the ones including profanity directed at players.

PhantomRogue
12-15-2011, 04:20 PM

Hindsight is 20/20 yo. Damage has been done already, might as well keep the shit-tastic 'classic experience wand recharge' going for other people to use.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_k9YRGIDlJZw/TQuYq8HsewI/AAAAAAAAFw0/jTjnTqgaPm0/s400/hindsight.jpg

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 04:23 PM
By troll I mean the ones including profanity directed at players.

Nice to meet you. Working as intended.

Szeth
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Isn't this the part of the movie (p99 existance) where Sean Bean's character dies?

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
That was so 4 months ago.

Daefuin
12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Regardless of guard assist being in or not, I can't believe I have to once again say this, I think I've said it enough:

There will never be a fucking character wipe or server reset. STOP asking about it, STOP trolling about it, We DON'T do them. This is NOT VZ/TZ or any other server you may have been used to that happening.

Melveny
12-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice to meet you. Working as intended.

<3

Kringe
12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
If by troll you mean a post where I didn't tell someone they didn't have enough evidence to support their position, or what they were posting wasn't a bug, or that it had been answered about 20 times already; there have been a couple others, but they're few and far between.

It's a direct consequence of the quality of the "bugs" posted in the bug forums. If the majority of the threads posted there were real bugs, and not the same handful of people crying about everything they want to go their way without any evidence to support them, it wouldn't be necessary.

Only you can prevent retardation in the bug forum.

I wouldnt say so.... We addressed Recharging (about a 15page thread with the consensus saying its WAY OP for PVP) in "Several Threads" before server launch...
One shown here..
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54539&highlight=Recharge

It wasnt until 1 week AFTER server launch did Red Wands get hit, and others just recently hit with it... I dont think people quite grasp the strength and or ridiculousness of "recharging" on a Pvp server... Especially with the current price set....

Golem Wands, Redwood Wands, Conflags have supposedly been addressed (cannot confirm, Conflag and or any other planar as that is not available to us yet).... There is a plethora of other rechargeables that far outweigh the cost efficiency for what they provide and or "gamebreaking" if you will pvp wise...

Again Uth,

I think the problem here has been just simply the "lack of communication"... No one knows whats being fixed, whats been fixed or whats even being looked at.....

Still in "News" is Novemember "patch notes" to be added"....

You dont owe us any of this I know, but it would most certainly allieviate the retardation threads posted every couple of minutes.... With obsurd amounts of redundancy.

Nirgon
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I wouldnt say so.... We addressed Recharging (about a 15page thread with the consensus saying its WAY OP for PVP) in "Several Threads" before server launch...
One shown here..

It wasnt until 1 week AFTER server launch did Red Wands get hit, and others just recently hit with it... I dont think people quite grasp the strength and or ridiculousness of "recharging" on a Pvp server... Especially with the current price set....

Golem Wands, Redwood Wands, Conflags have supposedly been addressed (cannot confirm, Conflag and or any other planar as that is not available to us yet).... There is a plethora of other rechargeables that far outweigh the cost efficiency for what they provide and or "gamebreaking" if you will pvp wise...

Again Uth,

I think the problem here has been just simply the "lack of communication"... No one knows whats being fixed, whats been fixed or whats even being looked at.....

You dont owe us any of this I know, but it would most certainly allieviate the retardation threads posted every couple of minutes.... With obsurd amounts of redundancy.

Oh hey its also a bug they fixed asap in live when it went widespread. Timeline or not shit was broken, discovered earlier = fixed earlier. It's broken in the game there's no patch note that says "well after some time and consideration we felt it was no longer appropriate and removed it".

Uthgaard
12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
One shown here..

Again Uth,

Well, no one can go back in time and undo what's already happened so that's pointless to be concerned with.

I've been thinking about the recharging issue, and I'm seeing new items added to the list of things to be disabled as they're discovered. So how about considering this from the opposite perspective: instead of having things impact negatively until they're made known and fixed, is there any positive benefit from any items that can be recharged on the pvp server? Maybe it would be best (both for impact and amount of work) to disable it completely, and enable those few on a selective basis.

Kringe
12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Well, no one can go back in time and undo what's already happened so that's pointless to be concerned with.

I've been thinking about the recharging issue, and I'm seeing new items added to the list of things to be disabled as they're discovered. So how about considering this from the opposite perspective: instead of having things impact negatively until they're made known and fixed, is there any positive benefit from any items that can be recharged on the pvp server? Maybe it would be best (both for impact and amount of work) to disable it completely, and enable those few on a selective basis.

TBH Recharging is fine if it needs to be left in... What isnt fine and what should be addressed is the Cost of Recharging said items... Before the nerf to recharge a Golem Wand it was a mere 500Plat.... What would be solid is to compile a list of items "together" and address them as a community, what needs/should be addressed, on a "recharging level"..

I would start with ALL planar Wands (before put in, this maybe addressed already unsure)
EG:
Wand of Souls - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=11798
Wand of Darkness - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=65994
Conflag Wand - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3672
Wand of Swords -http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2362

Live and Active - unsure if its rechargeable but would like confirmation
Wand of Ice http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=30

And the most ridiculous - 10 charge Potion of Calimony http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=65117
(alchemy pots maybe need to be looked at as a whole... Make recharging them if left in expensive)

fiegi
12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Don't see any reason to keep recharging in at all.... Whats the argument against this stance??

Melveny
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
The only recharging I want to see is plane of air items + mana battery.

Muaar
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
p much

WTB
100x Golem metal wands
100x Ivandyr's Hoop - Fully charged
100x CT Gate potions
4x Earring of Magic Reflection

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57642

Nirgon
12-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Kringe being such a community bro. Asking for bugs to be fixed before he has a chance to exploit them.

Takes notes.

Albane
12-15-2011, 07:27 PM
What Darwoth said. The prices are already really high and it's a good PP dump for the economy.

I got 1 Invandyr in over 60 rubies. Pain in the fkin ass. You won't even notice that Hoops exist on the server. No one is gonna spend a whole day farming platinum just to get another 5 charges for one PVP fight. I'm definitely only getting one per character at least.

PS: Recharging a Golem Wand is actually 600pp since you gotta buyback two wands to recharge one.

People who enjoy PVPing are gonna spend all their time killing people not farming platinum. If you see people farming at good PP places such at Seafuries then just go kill them, not to hard.

That was from November 15th. If these wands cost 600pp to recharge, why was I reading about them only costing 3pp on the third day the server was out?

Nirgon
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
No one is gonna spend a whole day

Lol coming from you bro. Dunno if I hurt more from laughing for slapping my knee.

mitic
12-15-2011, 07:41 PM
GL on farmin pp at sea furies campers

Hint: seafuries drop gems and close to none pp

mitic
12-15-2011, 07:45 PM
... and I'm not sure what the instant portal potions are.

Did u really dev on P99 ??

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 01:27 AM

Translation: I don't learn from my mistakes, because it's pointless and I'm dumb as FUCK

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 02:11 AM

I've been thinking about the recharging issue, and I'll call Rogean now and share my epiphany. So how about considering this from the opposite perspective: instead of having things impact negatively until they're made known and fixed, is there any positive benefit from any items that can be recharged on the pvp server? Maybe it would be best (both for impact and amount of work) to disable it completely, and enable those few on a selective basis.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6861/imagescalcpyhq.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/imagescalcpyhq.jpg/)

Abysal
12-16-2011, 05:56 AM
In complete agreement with Kringe ( great overall post ), recharging needs to be looked at and addressed immediately before 80%+ of pop is lvl 50 and real pvp begins. Price needs to be sky high or not in game at all as Uthgaard / Fiegi mentioned as possible idea. Kringe is correct in that most of these items are game-breaking on a pvp server. Depressing that Uthgaard, and who knows perhaps other mods/gms , don't know what insta-gate items are/were out there. Communication between players / mods needs to be taken to a much higher level and this server will flourish.

Uthgaard
12-16-2011, 06:10 AM
Don't feel so empowered by two dregs who will jump at any excuse to bash the staff that you fail to comprehend the situation yourself. I know what instant cast gate items are in the game. I asked which. The conversation is about recharging. One is single charge so it can't be recharged, the other is a helm, not a potion.

If you want more communication with the staff, not making digs at them at every opportunity just for the sake of doing it would be a good place to start.

Abysal
12-16-2011, 06:18 AM
Any MORE communication would be great uthgaard, noone knows what is being looked at , or what is under review, or what type of information you need the players to supply the staff with. Kringe listed a bunch of items that need looking at , asked you to make changes to the updates page more frequently when you guys can, to let us know exactly how things are being changed. There is a small start no?

Galanteer
12-16-2011, 09:47 AM
I quite when it was stated that trading from blue to red was deemed ok. Destroyed the last threads of legitimacy the server held for me.

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Don't feel so empowered by two dregs who will jump at any excuse to bash the staff that you fail to comprehend the situation yourself. I know what instant cast gate items are in the game. I asked which. The conversation is about recharging. One is single charge so it can't be recharged, the other is a helm, not a potion.

If you want more communication with the staff, not making digs at them at every opportunity just for the sake of doing it would be a good place to start.

That's why every last player on both servers has no respect for you because you are dumb as FUCK

You are so FUCKING dumb that you still don't know you were told about recharging and all the same issues you are being embarrassed over dozens if not hundreds of times by dozens of people over several months, then have the audacity to suggest you weren't told enough and that you had no idea because you are pvp illiterate, and any criticism directed at you or your staff is just people being mean to you.

We have another theory. Maybe, it's just that you are dumb as FUCK.

Tassador
12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
do the big letters mean your mad? its hard to read the small print in between lol.

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
You have to be clear, concise, bold and repeat profusely when attempting to communicate with the mentally handicapped.

Vile
12-16-2011, 10:51 AM
I get it now..

Albane
12-16-2011, 12:09 PM
You have to be clear, concise, bold and repeat profusely when attempting to communicate with the mentally handicapped.

Also, make sure you create a new forum account, so you don't lose your real account when you get banned.

VanEyck
12-16-2011, 12:17 PM
That's why every last player on both servers has no respect for you because you are dumb as FUCK

You are so FUCKING dumb that you still don't know you were told about recharging and all the same issues you are being embarrassed over dozens if not hundreds of times by dozens of people over several months, then have the audacity to suggest you weren't told enough and that you had no idea because you are pvp illiterate, and any criticism directed at you or your staff is just people being mean to you.

Why worry about Uthgaard? He's not a Dev, GM, or forum mod. Chillax bro.

Neach
12-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Most of you act as if this type of behavior from everyone (players,exploiters,staff) is new?

Look, it has happened before, its happening now and it will happen again.... get over it or just quit. (like the others)

Lovely
12-16-2011, 12:36 PM

Damn Uthgaard must have hurt you boooy

U MAD

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Confirmed MADS

pickled_heretic
12-16-2011, 12:42 PM
there's a negative correlation with the frequency of "u mad" occurring on the forums and server population.

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 12:49 PM
u mad

Tassador
12-16-2011, 12:56 PM
population is mad.

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 01:09 PM
u mads all around

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 01:16 PM
MADS?!

pickled_heretic
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
server just lost like 5 pop permanently from that, gj.

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 01:28 PM
U MADS?

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YXfvq.jpg

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 01:46 PM
you mad friend?

pickled_heretic
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
keep it up, the server will be dead before the end of the week.

Lulz Sect
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/45qSv.jpg

Arillious
12-16-2011, 01:53 PM
There's been plenty of people to interact with no matter what zone I've been in. 250-400 people with no 2-boxing is fine for classic.

A lot of these negative posts are from people who do not actually play on the pvp server. Some people would like to think things are worse than they really are.

Tassador
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
i play on server not mad tho. i have seen were others have been mad.

Softcore PK
12-16-2011, 02:08 PM
I've been having a lot of fun on the server, honestly not sure why so many others are upset about the way things have gone.

Albane
12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Just for factual evidence.

11:52 PM, PST - 196 on red : 302 on blue

Melveny
12-16-2011, 04:27 PM
It is also just Bairly after noon for west coast, some have jobs. For factual evidence or course.

MrSparkle001
12-16-2011, 06:14 PM

Let me guess - someone stole your sweetroll...

Uthgaard
12-16-2011, 06:39 PM
I can understand his frustration. It's ridiculous you can't get good sweetrolls in this skeeverhole of an emulator.

gaard the tard
12-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Server is great. It's alot of fun. A few major things could have been fixed, but relatively speaking the server is awesome, so is most if not all of staff. However, i will take shots at those in control when needed, especially when they ask for it.

Telling everyone that recharging is working as intended despite being warned last summer is asking for a verbal bitch slap. Pretending that being told "a few times" is not enough, yet expecting your players to obey your commands after only being told only once is down-on-your-knees asking for it.

I will deliver. You can count on it.

Autotune
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I will deliver. You can count on it.

I hope so, because you're fucking failing atm.

mitic
12-16-2011, 07:39 PM
still enough ppl starting on this server, in qeynos alone ive seen around 5 new faces today

billyinorganic
12-16-2011, 07:51 PM
still enough ppl starting on this server, in qeynos alone ive seen around 5 new faces today

lolz?

billyinorganic
12-16-2011, 07:52 PM
I've been having a lot of fun on the server, honestly not sure why so many others are upset about the way things have gone.

because no one loves them.

mitic
12-16-2011, 07:57 PM
why laughing? 5 new single boxes in just one city within some hours aint bad at all

Albane
12-18-2011, 10:22 PM

6:21 PST on a Sunday - 261 on red : 469 on blue.

Red is now the 4th highest pop server on the list.

Lazortag
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
A lot of us have final exams and christmas shopping to do. My playtime has been reduced significantly because of those two things, and I'm not the only one.

Jon Lemon
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
dont doubt this big gloinz cant help it but slay everything in sight

everyone who has ever grouped with you laffed at this

Truth
12-18-2011, 10:59 PM

Guess how many ppl give a fuck?:

ONLYYOU

Uberom
12-19-2011, 12:46 AM
Don't forget: at least 100 people are in EC at any given time either AFK / trolling / or trying to buy and sell. At least when you see the Red99 population, you know they are FULLY IMMERSED.

Fireapple
12-19-2011, 12:59 AM
R99 is entirely active players all leveling up in literally every zone, Blue has 400 afkers and 90% of whatever is left is an enchanter or necro waiting for their camp to respawn so that they can go back to AFKing.

Kornaki
12-19-2011, 01:10 AM
My bro and I just made new characters, so the server's basically saved at this point anyway :cool:

georgie
12-19-2011, 01:12 AM
its not, too many threads like these. if it was then stop being a dick head to bluebies

Albane
12-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane View Post

11:42 PM, PST - 178 on red : 320 on blue.

Still early on in the statistics, but it appears people are leaving red and going back to blue.

Albane
12-19-2011, 03:45 PM
12/16/2011 - 11:52 PM, PST - 196 on red : 302 on blue

12/18/2011 - 6:21 PST on a Sunday - 261 on red : 469 on blue.

12/19/2011 - 11:42 PM, PST - 178 on red : 320 on blue.

I added dates, to make it easier to compare in a week.

Rust1d?
12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Been saying this for a while. Noticed it is now under 300 at all times. It will fall even more on Tuesday when TOR aka WOW2 Releases. Might need to enable boxing brews.

HippoNipple
12-19-2011, 04:39 PM
The population is as good as it can be, because this server is about as good as a pvp server can be. Better then what eq live can provide at this point.

The people who exploited or took advantage of broken mechanics to lvl or kill things in pve they shouldn't have been able to are annoying but the majority of the player base isn't effected by this. Most do not plan on hitting 50 asap and raiding on this 12 year old game.

It is fun to pvp in the 1-40 range and once the majority of the population is 40-50 the people who are currently in that range will be camping planes non stop. The people everyone hates tend to all hate each other and take up each others time on their own. All the stuff that people have complained about on this server hasn't effected me one bit yet.

One example is a friend of mine who just started. He could never play eq back in the day because his computer sucked too bad. His number one goal is to get level 14-16 and pvp in CB non stop. This guy doesn't give a fuck if some nerd is using a wand on a guard or exploiting a dragon for some stupid drop. I'm sure once he gets 14-16 he will either decide to keep pvping, get a new goal and level up some, or get bored and quit.

You can't control the population. This server is providing as much as you could ask it to. What happens to the population happens.

omnigol
12-19-2011, 05:16 PM
"omg everyone is leaving the server is going to die. make my changes or else the server is screwed"

"omg somebody put a bomb in their underwear. let me molest your wife and kids, or we're all going to die"

Albane
12-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Been saying this for a while. Noticed it is now under 300 at all times. It will fall even more on Tuesday when TOR aka WOW2 Releases. Might need to enable boxing brews.

I don't know a single person playing TOR that didn't do the early start last week. Quite a few people reached level 50 on the third day.

Albane
12-19-2011, 06:23 PM
One example is a friend of mine who just started. He could never play eq back in the day because his computer sucked too bad. His number one goal is to get level 14-16 and pvp in CB non stop. This guy doesn't give a fuck if some nerd is using a wand on a guard or exploiting a dragon for some stupid drop. I'm sure once he gets 14-16 he will either decide to keep pvping, get a new goal and level up some, or get bored and quit.

Will your buddy care that these same people who exploited bugs to level fast and bring down raid bosses with 1-2 groups of players, are now running around with level 10 twinks in full level 50 gear and full level 50 buffs?

HippoNipple
12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Will your buddy care that these same people who exploited bugs to level fast and bring down raid bosses with 1-2 groups of players, are now running around with level 10 twinks in full level 50 gear and full level 50 buffs?

nope

oldfish
12-19-2011, 07:01 PM
nope

Of course theyll care, why would anybody enjoy getting steamrolled 10 times outta 10 and getting deleveled unless they are doing videos in a dungeon of getting hit in the balls by a dominatrix wearing high heels?

Softcore PK
12-19-2011, 10:11 PM
i made christmas cookies with my mommy today :)

maybe everyone is making cookies with family.

gloinz
12-19-2011, 10:35 PM

ya the oor healing is a bit annoying

mitic
12-20-2011, 02:46 AM

new games come and go, eq emu is here to stay and ppl will come back

enable boxing ? lol ?

gloinz
12-29-2011, 01:57 PM
12/16/2011 - 11:52 PM, PST - 196 on red : 302 on blue

12/18/2011 - 6:21 PST on a Sunday - 261 on red : 469 on blue.

12/19/2011 - 11:42 PM, PST - 178 on red : 320 on blue.

I added dates, to make it easier to compare in a week.

update 178 is a dream pop for red as server continues to plummet

heartbrand
12-29-2011, 02:16 PM
I think part of it, at least my friends told me, is some people just take pvp a tad too srs. It's one thing to pwn someone and lol @ them it's another to continue to camp them until they log. Not many people are big enough masochists to play a game where they are forced to log for hours at a time.

Nirgon
12-29-2011, 02:29 PM
If you are getting camped you prolly did something to deserve it. If you're gonna grief someone, be prepared to be on the receiving end. If you talk a bunch of trash about how much they suck or you're going to jump them when they're walking out to their car IRL, yeah expect some grief back.

heartbrand
12-29-2011, 02:36 PM
You'd think so but I've noticed that's not the case, it seems to be pretty standard to camp people, I've been on the receiving end a number of times from people I've never even heard of who seemingly have hours of time to devote to camping people they don't know. I am not alone. I myself don't care too much, I actually kinda lol that someone takes this game srs enough to enjoy camping people, I'll keep on coming back, unfortunately, many of my friends don't feel the same way.

On a side note there really should be some sort of 30 second immunity to PVP buff after a death where you can't cast/attack or be attacked/hit.

Rust1d?
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Looks like it is now under 225 now...gonna be below 200 soon.

Nirgon
12-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Maybe we'll get what all the blue server uber-cools have always wanted. Every raid target every week for themselves.

Cast
12-29-2011, 03:38 PM
You'd think so but I've noticed that's not the case, it seems to be pretty standard to camp people, I've been on the receiving end a number of times from people I've never even heard of who seemingly have hours of time to devote to camping people they don't know. I am not alone. I myself don't care too much, I actually kinda lol that someone takes this game srs enough to enjoy camping people, I'll keep on coming back, unfortunately, many of my friends don't feel the same way.

On a side note there really should be some sort of 30 second immunity to PVP buff after a death where you can't cast/attack or be attacked/hit.

Post made me lul cus i remember on monday seeing this name heartbrand in nihilum then like 2 hrs later maybe crazycloud? was talking in guild about corpsecamping him heheheheh

omnigol
12-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Looks like it is now under 225 now...gonna be below 200 soon.

Game over man

Szeth
12-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh well, I enjoyed leveling from the get go anyways. Blue won't be dying anytime soon I don't think.

Knuckle
12-29-2011, 06:24 PM
the pop. is over 150 with one boxxing then it is a healthy pvp server.

Snufz
12-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Post made me lul cus i remember on monday seeing this name heartbrand in nihilum then like 2 hrs later maybe crazycloud? was talking in guild about corpsecamping him heheheheh

wuz me fgt.

Smedy
12-29-2011, 06:59 PM
servers gonna be dead in 2 month if the global chat isnt enabled, there's far to few players to support no ooc, i honestly though the red99 would atleast field a good 500 it did in the beginning but lets face it, grind is tough and people quit.

wtb global ooc

fuark
12-29-2011, 09:23 PM
servers gonna be dead in 2 month if the global chat isnt enabled, there's far to few players to support no ooc, i honestly though the red99 would atleast field a good 500 it did in the beginning but lets face it, grind is tough and people quit.

wtb global ooc

Don't think global ooc is going to do much but enhance the faggotry that already plagues this server.

The server is going to continue to lose players like it has been due to the poor community. Community is what keeps a grindfest like Everquest alive, without it, people have no reason to log in and play. The PVP server is mostly full of people who consider "pvp" to be snaring people who are running from mobs, bind camping, griefing, etc. Red is literally just a Blue server where it's easier for one guild to control a zone. Look at the amount of people that are already level 50. If you are level 50 already, you do not like pvp, you like pve.

The server just isn't fun. Get on any generic daoc i50 pvp freeshard, and then try playing Red. You'll wonder why the fuck you are wasting your time on a PVE lifewaster.

Ninja
12-29-2011, 09:37 PM
I love it how people state "the server is going to die" like it's a fact and not an opinion.

Mama Cleo in this bitch y'all.

Ninja
12-29-2011, 09:38 PM
I love it how people state "the server is going to die" like it's a fact and not an opinion.

Mama Cleo's in this bitch y'all.

Cast
12-29-2011, 09:54 PM
i cant wait for the server to die because that means we win, bitches.

Uthgaard
12-29-2011, 10:05 PM
If you honestly thought you had 500 people who were interested in a pvp server, you were mistaken. The rest of the initial pop was people trying out something new. It's always been you lone few dregs.

When it was higher at launch, you proclaimed that you were superior because clearly everyone wanted pvp. Now that it's lower, you're just scraping together another way to justify being alone and unwanted and calling it "success".

Cast
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
no shit people are retarded, please ignore them. The people are fickle, its the lone few Caesars (like the Prophet) who have the vision to see.

gloinz
12-29-2011, 10:09 PM
If you honestly thought you had 500 people who were interested in a pvp server, you were mistaken.

i'm no socrates but havin 500 people log into a box means having 500 ppl interested in a box to some degree

Amuk
12-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Current MMO's are bunk, I'm having fun - shit 100 people and I'd have fun. Any decent player that can suffer through the grind can join one of two guilds. If you can have a good two guild war over content going it's more than enough.

Amuk
12-29-2011, 10:14 PM
I feel it could grow too, don't rush kunark leave it classic - it's not a lot of content to catch up through.

Morninx
12-29-2011, 10:14 PM

Having 100-140+ on VZTZ is much different then on Red99. On VZTZ the population was majority the same lvl(50). They occupied or fought over the same zones. Also OOC was global. All in effect giving the feel of a much fuller server.

On Red99, a population of 100 people, spread across 50 levels, occupying a lot more zones, and no Global OOC, all gives the effect of being empty. Therefore, the lvl 5 sitting in Greater Fay alone spending hours trying to solo, not gonna last long.

With this all being said, the most brilliant idea I heard to fix the server is Searyx idea of making lvls 1-30 or so much easier.

Though 1-30 is fun, It will condense the population and promote new players.

gloinz
12-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Having 100-140+ on VZTZ is much different then on Red99. On VZTZ the population was majority the same lvl(50). They occupied or fought over the same zones. Also OOC was global. All in effect giving the feel of a much fuller server.

On Red99, a population of 100 people, spread across 50 levels, occupying a lot more zones, and no Global OOC, all gives the effect of being empty. Therefore, the lvl 5 sitting in Greater Fay alone spending hours trying to solo, not gonna last long.

With this all being said, the most brilliant idea I heard to fix the server is Searyx idea of making lvls 1-30 or so much easier.

Though 1-30 is fun, It will condense the population and promote new players.

ya i havent had a full group ever since level 15, currently lvl 27 and the only ppl around that can group/duo usually get way better xp solo so they like fu paladin

Uthgaard
12-29-2011, 10:20 PM
I am fairly certain that there is a bug with the xp rate. It will need some testing but all of these reports aren't just unsubstantiated whining, regular xp from killing mobs is slower than it should be.

I don't give a shit if a couple of people took advantages of a few tricks to get to 50 in a week with no sleep while shitting in socks. The average player can't function can't function in this environment. I couldn't even get to 4 without saying fuck it when I tested it out.

Cast
12-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I am fairly certain that there is a bug with the xp rate. It will need some testing but all of these reports aren't just unsubstantiated whining, regular xp from killing mobs is slower than it should be.

I don't give a shit if a couple of people took advantages of a few tricks to get to 50 in a week with no sleep while shitting in socks. The average player can't function can't function in this environment. I couldn't even get to 4 without saying fuck it when I tested it out.

well damn bro, if your on the case i feel safe knowing it lol.

maybe you forgot your pill this morning?

If you honestly thought you had 500 people who were interested in a pvp server, you were mistaken. The rest of the initial pop was people trying out something new. It's always been you lone few dregs.

When it was higher at launch, you proclaimed that you were superior because clearly everyone wanted pvp. Now that it's lower, you're just scraping together another way to justify being alone and unwanted and calling it "success".

Uthgaard
12-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Unrelated population type. The population will always surge when something is new. That's your fickle population that flits from game to game looking for new stimulation constantly.

It's the discretionary population that I'm referring to. The ones who will come and go based on the experience.

You people that I'm speaking to now, will squat over any box teabagging it as long as it exists no matter what rulesets and mechanics are in place.

Cast
12-29-2011, 10:30 PM
That's your fickle population
|
v
I couldn't even get to 4 without saying fuck it when I tested it out.

Cast
12-29-2011, 10:35 PM
[Fri Nov 18 21:58:27 2011] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 2!
[Fri Nov 18 23:05:39 2011] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 3!
[Sat Nov 19 00:13:38 2011] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 4!
[Sat Nov 19 00:39:36 2011] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 5!

Lol and I could barely stay logged in the first night, L5 in ~3-4hours, everquest is hard

Lazortag
12-30-2011, 12:05 AM

Are you sure you weren't just fighting mobs 33% of your level? The first few levels are unique because a dark blue mob doesn't necessarily give you 1-2% like it normally would, because some dark blue mobs are 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 of your level.

I mean, even with a 40% exp penalty I find dark blue mobs are giving quite a bit of exp (like I said, 1-2% of a level). I played a dark elf SK on Live and if anything I remember solo exp being slower than that. If there is a bug with the exp rate it really can't be that huge since solo exp is still relatively fast.

kprobe
12-30-2011, 03:50 AM
Are you sure you weren't just fighting mobs 33% of your level? The first few levels are unique because a dark blue mob doesn't necessarily give you 1-2% like it normally would, because some dark blue mobs are 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4 of your level.

I mean, even with a 40% exp penalty I find dark blue mobs are giving quite a bit of exp (like I said, 1-2% of a level). I played a dark elf SK on Live and if anything I remember solo exp being slower than that. If there is a bug with the exp rate it really can't be that huge since solo exp is still relatively fast.

You're playing the class that can legitimately level the fastest, Bard. Without AE kiting you would be a bit more sympathetic.

That said with solid pop, the grind is doable (read: fun).

Supreme
02-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Nirgon
02-10-2012, 04:01 PM
^ while he had a Nihilum tag?