PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Nen
04-15-2010, 02:57 PM
How much coin loot do giants drop here?

JaVeDK
04-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains drop between 6 and 36 pp + the occasional fine steel weapon (6-10pp) and/or gem (6-12pp). All mobs in p99 drop considerably more cash than in classic EQ, but since it's consistent the economy isn't really affected. The only real problem with this is, that with prices so much higher, all trades have to be made at the bank because of the coin weight.

Hasbinbad
04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Giant's don't drop coins, WTF are you talking about?

*quickly hides something behind his back*

Huh? What? I WAS JUST STANDING HERE!

mrgoochio
04-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains drop between 6 and 36 pp + the occasional fine steel weapon (6-10pp) and/or gem (6-12pp). All mobs in p99 drop considerably more cash than in classic EQ, but since it's consistent the economy isn't really affected. The only real problem with this is, that with prices so much higher, all trades have to be made at the bank because of the coin weight.

seems like things are cheaper here than in classic live.. i remember ssoy and fbss at higher prices in classic with less coin drop. maybe because the "good" lewt is still camped just as much but the demand from low pop isn't as high as the old days. just speculation without much thought tho

mitic
04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
seems like things are cheaper here than in classic live.. i remember ssoy and fbss at higher prices in classic with less coin drop. maybe because the "good" lewt is still camped just as much but the demand from low pop isn't as high as the old days. just speculation without much thought tho

not a speculation at all..you just hit the nail on the head

JaVeDK
04-15-2010, 04:04 PM

Perhaps near the start of Kunark on some servers, but prices were definitly not this high 5 months into the original game (at least not on Quellious where I started out iirc). However, prices here might instead drop considerably as Kunark draws near, as people now know that better gear can easily be obtained there - which they didn't know back in 2000.

Nen
04-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys.

mrgoochio
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Perhaps near the start of Kunark on some servers, but prices were definitly not this high 5 months into the original game (at least not on Quellious where I started out iirc). However, prices here might instead drop considerably as Kunark draws near, as people now know that better gear can easily be obtained there - which they didn't know back in 2000.

ah could be right. i played on quellious too, but after mithannial marr and 1 other server (forgot name)