PDA

View Full Version : Sword of Runes for GMs

tsaC
12-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm far too lazy to find your argument about sword of runes, so I'll just put this in rants and flames so you don't have to move it.

This item didn't even proc until halfway to kunark - I don't have the exact date can't look through patch notes atm, and for my brother and I who had something like 120 days played when we sold in Dec'99, we cannot remember this sword ever working in any fashion that you have on R99 as on RZ. We were one of the first 50 druids on the server... so yeah. You're wrong.

Diggles
12-13-2011, 11:26 PM
I have no proof but from my 12 year old memories you're wrong.

Truth
12-13-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm far too lazy to find your argument... so yeah. You're wrong.

Uberom
12-14-2011, 12:16 AM
We are the premier PVP guild on this server ....so yeah. You're wrong.

Authority
12-14-2011, 12:17 AM
go away cast.

SanlavenTZ
12-14-2011, 12:24 AM
He might be talking about this patch:

October 13, 1999
——————————

Optional Patch

- A new zone, The Temple of Solusek Ro, is now available via the
optional patch.

General Enhancements
- Experience and looting rights are now awarded for group aggregate
damage. This is now true for ALL servers. We still consider this
change in ‘TEST’ and will conduct a poll as to whether it positively
addresses the kill stealing situation in approximately 2 weeks.
- As mentioned on Saturday, Rubicite armor will no longer spawn. The
new class specific quests to obtain the new armor are now in for each
class that could wear Rubicite.
- Journeyman’s Boots will no longer spawn where they did but rather are
the products of a quest.
- To address trade fraud (players removing items/money immediately
prior to trading to deceive the other player), items/money may only be
removed by clicking on the “Cancel” button.
- When receiving a text message from either an NPC or PC speaking in a
language other than “Common Tongue”, if the user’s language skill is
high enough, the language being spoken will be noted preceding the
text.
- The fishing pole will now appear in the player’s hand whenever the
fishing skill is used.
- A number of quests were both added and enhanced throughout the zones.

Trade Skills
- A number of new items have been added to Blacksmithing.

Spell Enhancements
- Some of the Items that Magicians summon with their spells have been
made better or had their effects increased.
- Fufil’s Curtailing Chant, Tuyen’s Chant of Flame and Tuyen’s Chant of
Frost have all had their effects slightly increased.
- The Burnout Series has had the negative HP component reduced
(improvement) and the stat buff increased (improvement). Because of
this, the spells are no longer permanent. They now have a 15 minute
duration. Burnout III has also had its casting cost reduced.
- Illusion: Werewolf attack speed component now works as intended.
- Insipid Weakness will research as intended.

Reading the old description on the old Castersrealm website seems to indicate that at some point the proc was added (and at a later date changed to function as Ward Summoned was intended).

SanlavenTZ
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Meant to add Castersrealm link: http://web.archive.org/web/20010611112335/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spell.asp?Id=316

tsaC
12-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Read above.

You are all fucking horrible. It amazes me that some of you claim to have played classic EQ, much less classic EQ PVP. Please suck my dick on every topic I've touched because clearly ya'll mad and bad.

Truth
12-14-2011, 12:40 AM
jus trolln

fiegi
12-14-2011, 01:01 AM
coach cast makes 3/4 the thread look stoopid agine

Doors
12-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Trolling for holocaust bluebie agenda.

tsaC
12-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Let me state that I'm not on some crusade against players who used this b/c I first saw it from my guildies using it. What does piss me off is that it was bugged and patched in October by someone who clearly tested it on a necro and said nothing about the bugged procrate, which was 20x too high from my parsed estimates. Add in the fact that this was never ever fucking in classic eq pvp (circa 1999 rallos), and GMs who belabor erroneous information. As I think about it, I'd contend even something like redwood wands never existed. These things would have been massively exploited 13 years ago just as they were on this server, certainly I would have known about someone instagibbing low levels w/ ae instafucking rechargable clickie. Naggy being nearly killed with one group of not-even-all-L50s with 1 bat pet - yeah GL with doing that in 1999. How the PVE side of this server is so fucked is the most eyeopening part, I mean... Irealize most of you never touched a pvp server back in the day - but did you even get your diaperquest on in PVE servers?

Lazortag
12-14-2011, 02:01 AM
It's a good thing everybody knows that Cast is an idiot and a horrible player, or else people might think that this:

- Some of the Items that Magicians summon with their spells have been
made better or had their effects increased.

...might constitute evidence of this:

This item didn't even proc until halfway to kunark ...

I mean, if you think the first quote is incontrovertible evidence of the second, you are a confirmed noob.

"Sometimes I twist TWO dots at once... and sometimes I even switch instruments while doing it!"
-Cast

tsaC
12-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Wolfram, seek help brosef.

Also, made up quotes are cool? You're obviously misinterpreting something I mentioned about continuing to use both dots and swap instruments to level rather than rely on ez-mode huge radius L18 bard dot w/ horn equiped forever.

If we want to compare quotes, I could probably use every single angsty post you've put on this site... it's like you actually think this shit matters or that you're good...?

Diggles
12-14-2011, 02:10 AM
cast i thought you quit, why are you going on a nerd crusade to fix something that isn't broken (Except for in your melted gray matter?)

tsaC
12-14-2011, 02:16 AM
That'd be like me asking you why do you post on these forums when you don't play on r99, and you have groceries to bag at safeway so I don't want to hold you up bro

Diggles
12-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Well, lets see:

1 ) I play this game
2 ) you had a public cryfest thread where you threw a fucking fit because you didn't like the server

Soo, who's not playing on r99 again?

Lazortag
12-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Realistically I think I could have hit 50 in under 5 days played, but the lag I get on this server is outrageous.

Never have I had such retarded lag spikes.

I would get so lagged that if I didn't straighten out a kite, if I had any circular movement at all, I would lag out and spin. This generally resulted in me being insta-fucking-gibbed by 40 mobs.

Mix in the server lag, which I got a whopping one GM res from, and you have an absolutely frustrating time.

what a great reward for getting assfucked by your server w/ lag.

the amount of assramming that took place because of this phantom server lag bullshit was harsh on me.

the constant coming and going lag = insta rape on 25 mobs

which usually resulted in -10% exp a pull thanks to zone-in + other server lags

L7 was like hell on earth.

I died over 75 times to mobs.

I am a terrible player

By the way, I find it amusing that I'm actually higher leveled than you were with your amount of playtime, even with all of the competition I had in SK. I know that's going to get your blood boiling.

Diggles
12-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Cast isn't a terrible player, he WAS a terrible player, until he quit the server in a splenda fueled anal leakage rage.

Lazortag
12-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Affirmed that Cast mentions lag no less than 9 times in his rage post. He also mentions other crippling bugs such as bard fizzle rates, and the "ding" noise being too loud.

tsaC
12-14-2011, 02:29 AM
Lol damn, sounds like whoever you quoted had mad lag when someone zoned in/out/leveled up, and still outleveled everyone with 75+ deaths, and multiple 2-3 day breaks in the first 2 weeks.

Good job quoting all that stuff though, and apparently knowing my /played by looking at 80 lines of logs over 2 week period!

Diggles
12-14-2011, 02:31 AM
excuses for not hitting 50 because he's a sup-par bard? I THINK SO.

tsaC
12-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Affirmed that Cast mentions lag no less than 9 times in his rage post. He also mentions other crippling bugs such as bard fizzle rates, and the "ding" noise being too loud.

Damn, sounds like that person had lag then?

Also, don't twist words - I've clearly stated the fizzle rate with bard is an annoyance and a time adder to a game that needs less.

The ding noise is too loud, but my complaint which you yet again distorted was that someone leveling up in my zone caused me to spike, which - if kiting mobs at that moment - usually ended up in insta gib.

I had a lot of practice because I was leveling up multiple players in my group and then pleveled a good majority of my guild after I had run everyone out of the karanas, bro.

Csb, anyways back to the main point of the thread - Cast is yet again right, and this was implemented incorrectly by GMs who listen to the wrong people.

tsaC
12-14-2011, 02:35 AM
yawn

Diggles
12-14-2011, 02:41 AM
That'd be like me asking you why do you post on these forums when you don't play on r99

You don't play, and I do, and you're just ignoring this post.

SearyxTZ
12-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Cast have u gone outside yet

tsaC
12-14-2011, 02:43 AM
You don't play, and I do, and you're just ignoring this post.

This man is well informed. Clearly on top of things!

Diggles
12-14-2011, 02:45 AM
yawn

Lazortag
12-14-2011, 02:45 AM
Cast have u gone outside yet

Srs Not Ames
12-14-2011, 02:46 AM
hohohohehe

SearyxTZ
12-14-2011, 02:47 AM
newsflash who gives a fuck if sword of runes weren't March 1999 "classic" or not

I don't see why people are all stuck on every little detail being CLASSIC

Does that include the pathing exploits that were in ak'anon. The classic leveling from 1-50 while mostly afk there and npcs couldn't fight back? How about the one in mistmoore? Lev onto the roof and kill everything down below while it doesn't fight back or path to you.

CLASSIC~

tsaC
12-14-2011, 02:57 AM
newsflash who gives a fuck if sword of runes weren't March 1999 "classic" or not

I don't see why people are all stuck on every little detail being CLASSIC

Does that include the pathing exploits that were in ak'anon. The classic leveling from 1-50 while mostly afk there and npcs couldn't fight back? How about the one in mistmoore? Lev onto the roof and kill everything down below while it doesn't fight back or path to you.

CLASSIC~

newsflash makes sense pets hit for 19 in pvp yet proc a dd twice the dmg, which ahppens to proc 20x more than any other procing weapon in the game!

Is it really that hard?

Also, no I've never been in sunlight - emperor rexx has me on a strict bowflex and everquest regime

Diggles
12-14-2011, 02:59 AM
that doesn't matter because it's ~CLASSIC~

tsaC
12-14-2011, 03:03 AM
that doesn't matter because it's ~CLASSIC~

Diggles, confirmed grocery store bagger as out of college job, terrible troll again.

Diggles
12-14-2011, 03:04 AM
can you actually approach my argument with a legitimate point instead of using incorrect ad hominem? course you can't

Diggles
12-14-2011, 03:07 AM
I appreciate the fact that you think i'm out of college at 17 though, nice compliment.

tsaC
12-14-2011, 03:19 AM
can you actually approach my argument with a legitimate point instead of using incorrect ad hominem? course you can't

definitely mad

engelbert
12-14-2011, 03:26 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B5eOlWjYz-s/TMt27Ez9dqI/AAAAAAAAAGg/nA6Kxb-7FlA/s1600/fat+stamp.jpgI appreciate the fact that you think i'm out of college at 17 though, nice compliment.

Castle
12-14-2011, 03:38 AM
Cast so mad.... so mad.

Nizzarr
12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Cast is a pussy piece of shit -- all my interaction with him in game is him running away to the nearest zoneline and plugging. All 50 of them.

Confirmed worse than a keyboard turning blue player.

Nizzarr
12-14-2011, 08:37 AM
by the way -- Tell anyone nihilum in game where any of these holocaust noobs level up, we're always interested in grieving the fuck out of them.

Uberom
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
someone leveling up in my zone caused me to spike

OMFG LAG BRO WTF BULLSHIT STUPID INTERNET

Melveny
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
by the way -- Tell anyone nihilum in game where any of these holocaust noobs level up, we're always interested in grieving the fuck out of them.

Can't wait to shit on you, keep it up.

Btw cute charm train yesterday. :)

Nizzarr
12-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Can't wait to shit on you, keep it up.

Btw cute charm train yesterday. :)

wut?

Envious
12-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Quit reading on page one, got bored when I realized it wasnt Cast crying himself off the server.

1/10.