PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Enchanter Aggro

mourning
12-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Enchanter aggro seems very high on alot of spells compared to what it was on live.

Nuke line : Very high, i realize the stun component adds but this is way out of wack. I pull agro routinely by nuking at 30%.

Mez line : Should have a much higher chance to memblur the target, also memblur seems useless compared to live.

Slow : Maybe a touch too high.

Resisted Spells : Were these always this high aggro? I cannot remember this one.

Excerpt about the nukes from an old guide (available on p99 wiki)

Open with Tashan, killing magic resistance and pulling the mob. Take a hit to put your pet in (I was calling him "the shiny guy" at this point in my career), then back out. Drop your DOT (Suffocating Sphere) on the mob if you like, though later on you're going to get out of this habit, then watch the fight a sec. Now toss on that nuke. Many times, the first nuke won't be enough to make the mob charge, so just wait for that ungodly recast, and toss another one. This time it will charge. I've never seen a mob take two without charging unless I let my pet really tear it up before nuking (meaning pet probably won't survive the fight). Now at this point, you have a very pissed off mob rushing you, and you must remain calm, because two things are happening right now:

-Currently the pet cannot hold agro over 1 nuke, and not over a tash/dot unless you root the mob first and wait while it beats on it.

-This includes the larger problem of pet agro not working correctly, even a body pull , the pet must do at least 15% or so of the health before it switches, this is with a mage fire pet dding as well.

EDIT : I looked through the past posts and it seems there are quite a few others about these problems with not much dev response/awareness. Sorry if you already know about it, but it deserves a second look. (Is this the correct forum?

Mountaineer
12-13-2011, 09:08 PM
When using a charm pet, and fighting a mob, and charm breaks, seems like all the agro that the charmed pet had goes straight to the enchanter. I thought that once charm broke, it was just like a mage chain petting, that there would be no additional agro for the caster?

Zallar
12-14-2011, 12:21 AM
I haven't played enchanter on r99 but I did play an enchanter a long time on live.

When using a charm pet, and fighting a mob, and charm breaks, seems like all the agro that the charmed pet had goes straight to the enchanter. I thought that once charm broke, it was just like a mage chain petting, that there would be no additional agro for the caster?

If you're charm soloing, when charm breaks both pissed off mobs are coming at you. If you're in a group, the main tank should be able to take aggro of the target right away, leaving you to deal with the former pet.

Mez line : Should have a much higher chance to memblur the target, also memblur seems useless compared to live.

The memblur component of mez was so rare it was never to be counted on. Always had to use memblur twice to be assured of a good blur.

Tash, Slow, Nukes always were super high aggro. Enchanters were designed as crowd control and super charmers, not nukers. You can Dot fairly safe but a Dot and a nuke will have you tanking every time.

mourning
12-14-2011, 01:22 AM
I haven't played enchanter on r99 but I did play an enchanter a long time on live.

If you're charm soloing, when charm breaks both pissed off mobs are coming at you. If you're in a group, the main tank should be able to take aggro of the target right away, leaving you to deal with the former pet.

The memblur component of mez was so rare it was never to be counted on. Always had to use memblur twice to be assured of a good blur.

Tash, Slow, Nukes always were super high aggro. Enchanters were designed as crowd control and super charmers, not nukers. You can Dot fairly safe but a Dot and a nuke will have you tanking every time.

Quite frankly, you are wrong.