PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Eye of zomm bugged?

minakto
12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
I dont know the specifics but i hear a lot of quiet chatter about essentially being able to pull most if not any mob single with eye of zomm. I dont know anything for certain just wanted to bring to attention and hopefully other people will chirp in with specifics or clear it up and squash the rumor

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 05:24 PM
This was a problem on live long ago, wonder if the coding got reset on the fresh server.

Lazortag
12-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't know how it is now but on the blue server I knew of no way to single pull with eye of zomm, and I used it constantly for pulling in zones like Howling Stones. Maybe there's an exploit I never discovered, who knows.

Daefuin
12-13-2011, 05:56 PM
I single pulled phin weekly on live with eye of zomm.

Lovely
12-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Only works if you have big plays in you

Uthgaard
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Eye of zomm should be aggroing mobs, but it shouldn't make them any more easy to single pull by itself.

Lazortag
12-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Eye of zomm should be aggroing mobs, but it shouldn't make them any more easy to single pull by itself.

Unless the mob casts or harm touches ;)

Nizzarr
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Only big time players knows how to abuse eye of zomm elite pulling techniques. These secrets are well-guarded and only given to those who join Nihilum.

Nirgon
12-14-2011, 12:18 PM
I think this is entirely a troll unless GMs can hawk over players to see if it is the case otherwise.

Daefuin
12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Don't play a wizard so can't confirm for you. But I can guarantee you I used eye of zomm on live to pull phin. In fact one the kills I had on him there was a group prepping for him and I pulled him to the zoneline for my group to kill

Nirgon
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
He might single pull because he paths through the wall in his room and up from the floor below you or something. But if he paths through the sea horses, that's a phinny + entourage inc imo.

EverquestJunkie
12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Kinda struck me as odd when i saw this too.

Seems wrong a mage can use this eye to single pull where ever he wants and sit at zone in.

should be looked into atleast and make the eye aggro mobs roaming around looking for the named while sitting at zone in.

Albane
12-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Kinda struck me as odd when i saw this too.

Seems wrong a mage can use this eye to single pull where ever he wants and sit at zone in.

should be looked into atleast and make the eye aggro mobs roaming around looking for the named while sitting at zone in.

I know they eventually fixed this on live, by giving the eye green con status and the same reputation checks as the caster.

nilbog
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM

The eye should/does aggro mobs.. and it pulls multiples as well. If it's not functioning that way, it is bugged and that aspect should be reported.

I know they eventually fixed this on live, by giving the eye green con status and the same reputation checks as the caster.

I think you're misinformed. The eye aggroed npcs based on it's owner's faction until they changed it in 2002. Holgresh elder beads anyone ?

FEBRUARY 13, 2002

Eye of Zomm and Eye of Tallon are now non-KoS in a fashion similar to familiars.http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020213.html

Lovely
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
There is nothing wrong with Eye of Zoom Nilbog, these are just dumb people who got trolled.

Szeth
12-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Is it ok to tell people what you're doing Lovely? Or should we let them believe you're using leet haxxors a bit longer?

Lovely
12-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Can't let people know the secrets of the MAsteRofThePVE

Filthed
12-18-2011, 02:08 AM
eye of zomm is clearly not classic ,, it never looked like that back in 99 brah. it was mroe orangish yellowish not black but nice try