PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Sword of Runes procrate Wrong

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 02:07 PM
First of all let me say i was one of the people that was involved in Getting the sword to proc on all mob types ( because it was indeed classic ) So dont hate, I just want things to be correct.

The proc rate on sword of runes seems to be wrong, there are reports all over the place about groups giving pet weapons and pets procing 20-30 times a minute.

This would be correct if it was 2006, when the procrate was added.

Source Lucy :

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemhistory.html?id=5319

2006-12-16 11:38 Added procratemod: '289'

What the procrate mod was before is unclear but It was probabally zero. I am currently looking for more information, while I play, so It may take some time, but this needs to be looked at as folks are doing some crazy things because of this huge dps.

Found this as well from casters realm which has a comment:

"Even so, I heard the Sword's effect rarely proc's"

http://web.archive.org/web/20010512135419/http://eq.castersrealm.com/spells/magician/spelldescriptions.asp?SpellID=124&Page=2

It was definatally not procing like this on P99.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Reserving 2nd post for more findings

Does anyone know how to get Lucy to show up in waybackmachine? Its bringing me to a blank page asking for cookies. That would settle this. It should show the correct proc rate if you find a link from 2004 or 2005

Palemoon
12-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Similar situation with the Bonethunder Staff. Original staff did not have a proc rate mod, but when ward undead was nerfed into a 12 point DD trainer type spell, Bonethunder staff was given a HUGE proc rate mod to compensate for the ward undead nerf (this was all post Planes of Power). And we all know how insane the proc rate on Bonethunder staff is here right?

Sounds like Sword of Runes has a similar problem.

Just noticed that Ward Summoned was also turned into a 12 point "train up evoc" type spell after Planes of Power, just like Ward Undead, which explains the need to add proc rate mods to both weapons.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 03:29 PM
People are abusing this, not reporting , and getting loots and exp they shouldnt, it need to be hotfixed. 1 ( one ) mage pet can do upwards of 500 damage a minute to nagafen with the procs alone.

The whole, " Well I didnt know it shouldnt proc this much" , " I didnt know it was a Kunark Spell " Crap needs to end. Stop sploiting this crap and bug report it.

In case you didnt notice, ignorance didnt help the fellow with " didnt know it was too much exp" on a classic quest he used in kunark to lvl 51-53 in minutes.

They deleved him.

mitic
12-13-2011, 03:38 PM
news at 11

kanras
12-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Fixed procrate on sword of runes and bonethunder staff, pending update.

mitic
12-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Fixed procrate on sword of runes and bonethunder staff, pending update.

what about the issue of them swords procing an ALL mobs right now ? they are only supposed to proc on summoned creatures. lvl 50 players on red99 exploiting left and right on the server and they killed naggy unlegit with this bug

nilbog
12-13-2011, 04:01 PM
what about the issue of them swords procing an ALL mobs right now ? they are only supposed to proc on summoned creatures. lvl 50 players on red99 exploiting left and right on the server and they killed naggy unlegit with this bug

You use the words exploit, bug, and unlegit.

But, what you mean is, you disagree with the classic mechanics of npcs proccing sword of runes on non-summoned npcs.

That is an entirely separate discussion. Go, discuss. There are threads. If you can't find one; make it.

Silikten
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
The developers will do what they can. What they decide is best, period.

Slave
12-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Or the issue with the -30 modifier applying to all mobs instead of only Summoned types? This is a violation of game mechanics, and if I had a mage, I'd be able to provide more data, but unfortunately must leave that to others.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 04:25 PM

But, what you mean is, you disagree with the classic mechanics of npcs proccing sword of runes on non-summoned npcs.

That is an entirely separate discussion. Go, discuss. There are threads. If you can't find one; make it.

lvl 50 players on red99 exploiting left and right on the server and they killed naggy unlegit with this bug

Here is part of the post I would hope someone would answer Nilbog. he might be wrong about the procing on non-summoned creatures, but the dps increase from this bug definatally brings into question recent Naggy, tranix, Rokyl kills.

I just want consistancy. We Delevel a guy who farmed a rare mob for 6 months straight on p99 preparing to do turn ins for kunark. The reason for the delevel was very clear " He should have known better, and reported it "

This needs to start being enforced. This after the fact fixing and not holding anyone accountable is killing morale of honest folk.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Or the issue with the -30 modifier applying to all mobs instead of only Summoned types? This is a violation of game mechanics, and if I had a mage, I'd be able to provide more data, but unfortunately must leave that to others.

The fact it procs on non- summoned, and the negative 30 resist adjust on all mob types is classic untill mid Kunark.

The proc rate was just wrong.

No, it does not make sense, but thats the way it was classically.

Verdu
12-13-2011, 04:45 PM
This needs to start being enforced. This after the fact fixing and not holding anyone accountable is killing morale of honest folk.

It actually encourages people to not report bugs, but to actively abuse them.

Even honest players will see it as a way to level the playing field with people who abused their way up; And they will be right.

mourning
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM

Even honest players will see it as a way to level the playing field with people who abused their way up; And they will be right.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 04:51 PM

Wrong, I reported it, and i could have easily grabbed/bought some mage weapons while im exping and lvl 2x faster as I play a pet class.

If its obviously wrong, you report it. If you abuse it, and not report it, there should be punishment. If you loot tv's because everyone else is looting tv's that does not make it right.

mourning
12-13-2011, 04:54 PM
You missed his point brinkman.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
You missed his point brinkman.

I understand the point he was attempting to make. Standing alone it can make sense, but thats just a give up mentality. Just do the right thing. If punishment were actually being handed out, ppl would be scared crapless to abuse it " because other ppl are" And would Report it. If nothing would be done about people robbing banks, im sure more people would do it, and be less likely to call the cops if they see. The key is the punishment being fully known about. The argument goes both ways. Either way this thread should be locked, its fixed pending update. Conversation should continue elsewhere.

mourning
12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
It is hard to compare real life to eq emu.

The GM's can't oversee everything always, people will always cheat, or exploit, or whatever.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 05:18 PM
It is hard to compare real life to eq emu.

The GM's can't oversee everything always, people will always cheat, or exploit, or whatever.

I agree with you 100% here.

Thats why its even that much more important for players to submit bug reports so they can get this stuff fixed instead of playing the ... everyone else cheats card.

And when things of this magnitude are brought up openly ( in multiple threads ) And there is GM contact, they ( the gms ) should issue proper punishment. Whatever they feel it requires, so the playerbase understands its not ok.

mourning
12-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Reposted from RNF:

Nilbog :

The way it works now IS classic and what should be in, it makes the swords a useful item that a mage can summon, cool feature.

The proc rate was set on pets too high, and it was thoroughly abused by most everybody that is now high level. Even abused to kill raid mobs.

What the problem is, is while the fix is a good idea in theory, it really penalizes the majority of the server who are just hitting level 29 and can just start to use the swords on their own pets.

These are the people who reported the bug, not the ones who have abused it for the last 3 weeks. The poopsockers knew it would play out this way, and chose to use it in a way that it will be nerfed when it "trickles down" further disadvantaging the common "Peon".

It either needs to stay in for now, or fix it and give something to the non poopsockers (exp bonus maybe?) A server wide bonus for a few days or perhaps some "hotzone" bonuses for all zones under level 40.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Reposted from RNF:

Nilbog :

The way it works now IS classic and what should be in, it makes the swords a useful item that a mage can summon, cool feature.

The proc rate was set on pets too high, and it was thoroughly abused by most everybody that is now high level. Even abused to kill raid mobs.

What the problem is, is while the fix is a good idea in theory, it really penalizes the majority of the server who are just hitting level 29 and can just start to use the swords on their own pets.

These are the people who reported the bug, not the ones who have abused it for the last 3 weeks. The poopsockers knew it would play out this way, and chose to use it in a way that it will be nerfed when it "trickles down" further disadvantaging the common "Peon".

It either needs to stay in for now, or fix it and give something to the non poopsockers (exp bonus maybe?) A server wide bonus for a few days or perhaps some "hotzone" bonuses for all zones under level 40.

Thanks for posting that, to say im disheartened is an understatment. Leaving it in should not be an option. It should be fixed and the people who abused it should be punished, plain and simple. Its the same people getting wands nerfed and so on. its old, do something about it, or there will be a post about something else similar next week.

Nobdy deserves easy lvls, And not everyone has access to a mage, then or now. Should I get free or "bonus" exp because i didnt get to wand quad kite for a few lvls too?

Uthgaard
12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
This thread was about the proc rate, and before I even read any of the nonsense that followed, I checked and confirmed that it was erroneous as well. The procrate was up in the range of the summoned cleric hammers.

There's no question about whether it was right or not, nor would you have anything to support you if there was. It's not a negotiation about whether or not it should work or who used it. The pvp server seems to have brought an influx of people who don't comprehend the standard of evidence. It was wrong, it got fixed, end of story.

Brinkman
12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Uthgaard, I didn't mean to muddy up the bug forums, normally im straight to the point with the bug, and thats it.

What I'm concerned about is the amount of " Things like this " that are happening, them getting fixed, and it seems the same people over and over are the ones getting to take advantage of them causeing the changes, and seemingly nothing being done about it.

I'm just tired of hearing rumors, doing work to verify them, posting it, getting flamed. Then changes are made, and the next day it's something new. If something is being done, it does not seem to be enough.

Uthgaard, you once suspended me for 24 hours because i argued with you in ooc, when i didnt even know who you were. Now, folks are getting away with trash like this? It doesnt make sense. I understand your situation, not a lot you can do, but imagine how the majority here feel.

Nizzarr
12-14-2011, 12:08 AM
People are abusing this, not reporting , and getting loots and exp they shouldnt, it need to be hotfixed. 1 ( one ) mage pet can do upwards of 500 damage a minute to nagafen with the procs alone.

The whole, " Well I didnt know it shouldnt proc this much" , " I didnt know it was a Kunark Spell " Crap needs to end. Stop sploiting this crap and bug report it.

In case you didnt notice, ignorance didnt help the fellow with " didnt know it was too much exp" on a classic quest he used in kunark to lvl 51-53 in minutes.

They deleved him.

Thats laughable.

Here's a hint: Nagafen is immune to magic, go learn pve

tsaC
12-14-2011, 12:13 AM
these swords did not even have procs when the entered the game... this is all erroneous information. Stop using '00-'06 patch notes as your crutch, and they definitely did not act this way on rallos (all pvp servers most likely) back in 1999 so yeah, cool story everyone.

Caravelle1
12-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Thats laughable.

Here's a hint: Nagafen is immune to magic, go learn pve

he's a belly caster, meaning you can hit him with magic when you are on top of him, or the spell originates on top of him.

Melee range may be close enough to do this? I'm not sure.

Uthgaard
12-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Uthgaard, I didn't mean to muddy up the bug forums, normally im straight to the point with the bug, and thats it.

My post wasn't directed at you. You posted a valid bug report. I have no complaints and wish more people would follow your example.

Brinkman
12-14-2011, 12:29 AM
My post wasn't directed at you. You posted a valid bug report. I have no complaints and wish more people would follow your example.

Gotcha, thanks.

tsaC
12-14-2011, 12:57 AM

No, what I mean dawg is:

He might be talking about this patch:

October 13, 1999
——————————

Optional Patch

- A new zone, The Temple of Solusek Ro, is now available via the
optional patch.

General Enhancements
- Experience and looting rights are now awarded for group aggregate
damage. This is now true for ALL servers. We still consider this
change in ‘TEST’ and will conduct a poll as to whether it positively
addresses the kill stealing situation in approximately 2 weeks.
- As mentioned on Saturday, Rubicite armor will no longer spawn. The
new class specific quests to obtain the new armor are now in for each
class that could wear Rubicite.
- Journeyman’s Boots will no longer spawn where they did but rather are
the products of a quest.
- To address trade fraud (players removing items/money immediately
prior to trading to deceive the other player), items/money may only be
removed by clicking on the “Cancel” button.
- When receiving a text message from either an NPC or PC speaking in a
language other than “Common Tongue”, if the user’s language skill is
high enough, the language being spoken will be noted preceding the
text.
- The fishing pole will now appear in the player’s hand whenever the
fishing skill is used.
- A number of quests were both added and enhanced throughout the zones.

Trade Skills
- A number of new items have been added to Blacksmithing.

Spell Enhancements
- Some of the Items that Magicians summon with their spells have been
made better or had their effects increased.
- Fufil’s Curtailing Chant, Tuyen’s Chant of Flame and Tuyen’s Chant of
Frost have all had their effects slightly increased.
- The Burnout Series has had the negative HP component reduced
(improvement) and the stat buff increased (improvement). Because of
this, the spells are no longer permanent. They now have a 15 minute
duration. Burnout III has also had its casting cost reduced.
- Illusion: Werewolf attack speed component now works as intended.
- Insipid Weakness will research as intended.

Reading the old description on the old Castersrealm website seems to indicate that at some point the proc was added (and at a later date changed to function as Ward Summoned was intended).

Again, this spell (proc rate fucked version or not), did not exist on Rallos (A PVP SERVER) in 1999 in any fashion that I remember, but here is your patch notes for 6mo into game when it was first added. Grats Cast

Caravelle1
12-14-2011, 03:43 AM
also interesting - burnout had a lower hp component for pets, and the effect was only "reduced"

Nizzarr
12-14-2011, 10:43 AM
he's a belly caster, meaning you can hit him with magic when you are on top of him, or the spell originates on top of him.

Melee range may be close enough to do this? I'm not sure.

Immune to magic means IMMUNE TO THE RESIST THAT IS MAGIC, not everything you tard.

Go try slowing or landing your enchanter nuke on nagafen, ill help you bind in his lair for good measure.