PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Flee mode broken in undead Lower Guk / Trakanons Teeth?

DoucLangur
12-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I have noticed the undead frogloks in Lower Guk no longer flee at low health - they used to be the only undeads (I recall) in the old world that would actually flee. And I remember this causing more than just a couple of wipes, when a fleeing froggy caused adds.

Furthermore, the other day I noticed that the froglok forager never turns to flee at low health - he was permanently chasing/whacking me until he fell over dead.

Has there been some general patch to the way flee mode works that maybe messed things up a little?

Cheers

Slozem

nilbog
12-17-2011, 02:58 PM
I have noticed the undead frogloks in Lower Guk no longer flee at low health - they used to be the only undeads (I recall) in the old world that would actually flee.

Anyone know more about this?

the froglok forager never turns to flee at low healthFixed, pending update.

DoucLangur
12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Anyone know more about this?

Concerning fleeing undead in LGuk, as much as I hate to admit it, by memory of a friend of mine, it seems *my* memory was failing me here.

Sorry... Can't provide any evidence and I was most likely wrong.

nilbog
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Fixed, pending update.

After further review, the forager and hunter should not flee when low on health, despite their 'living' appearance. Returned them to no-flee mode.

Rasah
01-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Speaking of flee, mobs in LOIO don't seem to have the social aggro. What I mean is, if I quad drolvargs in DL, and I get 4 of them down to 1%, they keep chasing me until they are separated enough that they stop and "flee".

However, if I AE goblins in LOIO, or quad barracudas in LOIO, they will all break off in different directions once they are below 20%. Since they give faction hits, shouldn't they mob together until there is only 1 left and it flees?

Extunarian
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Bump w/ a couple possible corroborating sources

http://www.necrotalk.com/archive/index.php/t-7726.html

Tips:
Bring healing potions. Bring DS potions. They stack with your innate DS. Use your undead pac often for single pulls. Use undead slow. The undead mostly run in this zone, with the exception of the Icebones so, be sure to keep them snared. Lastly, the Undead nukes pretty much own up in here, so, keep that loaded as well.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1875#m107227695060755 (talking about ass/sup camp)
One thing I can tell you is to root/snare! if you don't and you can't kill the mob before they run off you WILL die.

sawin
01-27-2012, 05:06 PM
i can confirm undead cleric in kith fleeing at low health this morning

nilbog
05-28-2012, 09:39 AM
However, if I AE goblins in LOIO, or quad barracudas in LOIO, they will all break off in different directions once they are below 20%. Since they give faction hits, shouldn't they mob together until there is only 1 left and it flees?

This is the way it should already be working. However, if you have a bloodgill goblin as well as a cleavingtoothclan goblin, they will not consider each other allies, and will flee independently.

i can confirm undead cleric in kith fleeing at low health this morning

Fixed, pending update.

Several undead in Kithicor wouldn't flee and several living npcs were fearless. /shrug