PDA

View Full Version : New here and can't wait.

Volga
04-15-2010, 01:56 AM
It was April of 99 when my GF at the time bought me a copy of EQ for my 26th birthday. I think I blinked about 11 times for the rest of the year. Here I am almost exactly 11 years later chomping at the bit waiting eagerly to start my toon. What a great game.

Camping my Trainer Shield, selling Mino axes in Freeport (some serious shipping and handling there) and attending auctions in the Common Lands... oh boy =) These were good times in gaming...

I can't wait to jump in and get playing again - it looks like there is a well established community and a hands on development team so I think this is going to be awesome.

Not sure if there are any familiar faces but I was Tylaric on the Rathe, then Tylaric on Brell (Original) and ultimatley Tylaric on Firiona Vie.. I'd have to say my real EQ experience happened on Brell though - all the discovery, great friends in the guild (Tiarc), and many many 1sts.

In game - I'll be Tylaric the Wizard (again) - I should prolly change my forum name to Tylaric too =) /petition

Anyhow - nuff rambling..

/shout BOAT !!

Ektar
04-15-2010, 02:01 AM
mino axes aren't really in demand (though I remember that being my first weapon beyond the rusty crap you find on decaying skeletons :D).. and the auction channel is server wide with nfp as the main hub.

However, everything else will be sure to please you!

Volga
04-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Those were my memories of the game =0.. I'm sure folks know where to get better than thier Mino axe now hehe but back in 99 - that was some srs dps ! ;)

LazyFuj
04-15-2010, 02:18 AM
you can now /shout TRANSLOCATOR instead of BOAT!

welcome.

Tudana
04-15-2010, 07:04 AM
welcome :)

one good thing with the Translocator PH Vs the BOAT is you can still skill up fishing!
so bring lots of bait and a pole for the wait on the docks ;)

just last week...
I was waiting in OOT for the Translocator spawn fishing off the dock and below me someone was messing around in the water. next thing I know This large skark comes flying out of the water after him!!!

brings me to believe the best bait in EQ is a gnome! I`ll be sure to bring one with me next time!

true story.

Volga
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
omg omg omg I can't wait..

I've decided.. I'm going to Go Necro for my 1st toon. Can solo, can bring it for the group - and can farm to support what will ultimately become a serious alt rabbit - 3 EQEmu accounts - oh yes.. there will be alts.

The exp penalties - are they class based or racially based.. Any literature on this? I can't seem to find any.

Nedala
04-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Welcom to the server, youll enjoy :)

3 EQEmu accounts - oh yes.. there will be alts.

no 2-boxing allowed btw

The exp penalties - are they class based or racially based.. Any literature on this? I can't seem to find any.

Both:

All hybrids(sk,bard,pal,ranger) have 40% exp penaltie.
Races with exp penalties are ogre and troll as far as i know.
Biggest exp penaltie has a troll-sk (68%?) i think. Monks have 20% exp penaltie and all int caster 10% (im not 100% sure about this).
Warrior and rogue(?) have 10% bonus and i think halflings too.

Thats what i remember so far i cant assure you its 100% right, im sure somone will correct me if not :)

Volga
04-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Thanks Nedala,

Yup - I'm cool with no boxing - I can watch a movie on one monitor (or work .... crazy talk) and game on the other..

Good news on the exp penalties as I had planned an Inkie Necro with possible tendencies towards Gnome.. will be some coin tossing going on over the next 24 hours. Either way, looks like I'll be ok.

ukaking
04-15-2010, 07:36 AM
You sound as excited as I was to start playing EQ in its classic form again. Although my origins started in 2000 a month after the release of Kunark. I only played Iksar for five years on Live. I was 24 when I bought the game and havent been able to break its pull, obviously.
My wife now plays P1999 with me as we started a week or so before the server went down. We are level 5 barb warrior(Bloodwulf) and shaman(Naysa) hanging out in Blackburrow. Its super fun but I honestly cant wait for the release of Kunark as that is where my heart lies.
Welcome to P1999 buddy!

Bayleo
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Welcome sir! Glad to have you.

Ferok
04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
It was April of 99 when my GF at the time bought me a copy of EQ for my 26th birthday.
Thats a creative way to break up with you.

mgellan
04-15-2010, 12:16 PM
We are level 5 barb warrior(Bloodwulf) and shaman(Naysa) hanging out in Blackburrow. Its super fun but I honestly cant wait for the release of Kunark as that is where my heart lies.
Welcome to P1999 buddy!

Heya Blood, hope that leather bp and arms work out for ya ;)

Regards,
Mg

------------------------
Sagann, Barbarian Warrior
Mgellan, Barbarian Shaman

ukaking
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Many thanks for the tunic and arms Sagann!

Agaron
04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

Lols. It's ingenious if you really think about it.

Jeebus
04-15-2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

P99 faq; has all the info on exp penalties, ZEMs, and everything else.

CronosZ
04-15-2010, 03:32 PM
It was April of 99 when my GF at the time bought me a copy of EQ for my 26th birthday.

I love your Girlfriend at the time.

LazyFuj
04-15-2010, 05:36 PM
if you go necro, make sure you invis up before you take the trans to oot. There is a nice sister waiting to rape ya.

Malrubius
04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Welcome! Glad to see another old fart like myself around ;)

The nostalgia rush will knock you on your ass - have fun!

Dangergirl
04-15-2010, 05:49 PM
DUDE,

The real question is what happened with the GF who gave u EQ? How many days until she regretted it? Did she leave in ignored EQ GF rage? After she left you did she then play EQ herself? Did you cry about that then, yet laugh about it now? Is it now her policy to never give a BF a video game? FFS Inquiring minds want to know!

Dangergirl
04-15-2010, 05:50 PM

Good one Ferok!

Elendae
04-15-2010, 06:13 PM
if you go necro, make sure you invis up before you take the trans to oot. There is a nice sister waiting to rape ya.

this has been changed as of the last patch before the servers were shut down. evils rejoice!

Xumosa
04-15-2010, 06:30 PM

i lol'd...facts ftw