PDA

View Full Version : 50 Clerics, need your help...

Fawqueue
04-13-2010, 11:55 PM
To take advantage of the coming XP extravaganza week, I've decided to roll a cleric alt. Since I'm really big about meta-gaming, I've got a few questions that I'd love some help with:

1) Stats. I'll be making a Dark Elf (93 starting WIS), and most recommendations on sites are 25 WIS and 5 STR. However, just doing the math on really basic WIS gear it's quite easy (with the bankroll I'm giving him) to max out to 200 WIS without putting a single point in to start. So, my question: Is it more valuable to put 25 WIS into starting and find STA/AC items when I reach the cap, or put points into STA and and just go with the starting 93-ish WIS?

2) Need some suggestions for a few slots:

Arms - Platinum Armband for WIS, but no AC. Is there better?
Legs - Gator Legs or Fine Plate?
Belt - Reed belt or is there another option?
Hands - Paw gloves or something better?

Money isn't really an issue, but trying to recall WIS items from memory has been. Thanks a ton, any advice on this helps me get an efficient cleric up and rolling quickly.

jilena
04-14-2010, 01:28 AM
Arms, low level embroidered black sleeves are better than plat arm band.
Legs, gator prolly best til planar unless you already have maxed wis then black chitin or mithril or something maybe? I dunno how much money you got.
Waist, girdle of the diligent is what you want, reed belt is cheaper
Hands, I am still using crappy paw gloves, not sure there.

Also, consider human innoruuk cleric if you want the best choice at present. Some future nerfing may (should) nullify this.

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 01:32 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2257

Taluvill
04-14-2010, 02:00 AM
Overall, throughout every thing there is, STA is statistically the hardest stat to max, classic through velious.

My druid (half elf) got to 200 wis pre planes, but its been much easier with planar gear. I believe I started with 95 wis, and i maxed it, and with items like adamantite epaulets for example, you guys get more +wis items.

IMO, throw em all into sta, and yeah. Wis will be MUCH easier to max

Hasbinbad
04-14-2010, 02:09 AM
Overall, throughout every thing there is, STA is statistically the hardest stat to max, classic through velious.

My druid (half elf) got to 200 wis pre planes, but its been much easier with planar gear. I believe I started with 95 wis, and i maxed it, and with items like adamantite epaulets for example, you guys get more +wis items.

IMO, throw em all into sta, and yeah. Wis will be MUCH easier to max
That's what I just said:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2257

jilena
04-14-2010, 04:23 AM
I did 25 sta and 5 wis on creation. I don't have 200 wis yet but once I pick up GEBs, finish Aegis quest, snag a reed belt or girdle, and pick up a couple other random items I'll have 200 wis with no serious effort pre-planar.

Fawqueue
04-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the replies! That answers what I needed to know to get started, so much appreciated.

Flicka
04-14-2010, 07:55 AM
I went for max wis & sta? str? I forget. So with a single wis bracer & kith mace/PAW, testament, circlet & the cleric belt from Fear & jewelry I could devote my armor to ac & not have to worry about that pesky wis nonsense until the cap raises. I too did the Aegis quest, the 10 wis on back is a terrific boost.

I get beat on, a LOT so that was the reasoning since Falindorf & I as usual did fourty eleven levels just the 2 of us.

While I was working up to the jewelry I used plat arm band, gator legs, split paw gloves.

Omnimorph
04-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm going to say str is unimportant for a cleric, sure you'll be weighed down with your junk, it just means you'll have to manage your stuff better :p

Yes you will max wis eventually, and probably quite easily, so maybe putting in a small amount of wis early on won't pay dividends later on. Stamina, like people have said, is difficult to max, especially given that old world pieces don't really have your wis stat + sta on it. So might be worth that.

jilena
04-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Honestly if I had more STR I would have more money. Sometimes I turn down res donations just because I am not gonna hit the bank soon and I don't wanna be encumbered lol.

Omnimorph
04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Honestly if I had more STR I would have more money. Sometimes I turn down res donations just because I am not gonna hit the bank soon and I don't wanna be encumbered lol.

I actually spent about 1k on purely strength jewelry for my chanter :p base strength of 60 means i struggle. Now i've got +5str rings, +5str bracers + 7str neck, +7str veil, +3str earrings. I'm like the freakin' incredible hulk now! 130 odd strength with buffs.

jilena
04-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Damn. How much you bench brew?

guineapig
04-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Haha, I remember being an encumbered cleric having to yelp every few seconds just to run at normal speed. Good times.

I knew I should have rolled a dwarf.

ulrich
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
25wisdom and 5str . or 25wis and 5sta or agi.
You all do understand that having over 200wisdom is a good thing on this emu?
That wisdom over 200 does not give 1 mana per wis over the softcap like on live.

I can't remember exact numbers. It's around 8mana per wis over 200? 255 is the target wisdom right now, until they fix this.
So the rare item that gives +50mana might be better than a +6wisdom item.
This goes for Intel users too. You are all welcome!

pearl kedge totem should be worth 25k+ imo. plus it's dropping very commonly and shouldn't**

from Hasbinbad's link :
The other thing to consider is that stats aren't working exactly on this emu as classic. Apparently right now int/wis is still giving more mana past the "soft cap" of 200 than it did in classic. While dex may help increase proc rates, it seems that weapons proc more than I remember in classic already. My widdershins staff procs a lot without any direct dex buffs, usually once per fight even on greenies. I do notice it proc more often when I use rage and dexterity though I wouldn't say it was an astronomical difference. Strength definitely makes a noticeable difference, even past 200. My level 50 Ogre shaman hits for a max of 66 when my STR hits the 255 cap. Only hits for about 55 when it's less than 200. Not sure how AGI contributes to ac exactly but I do notice I get a nice boost with AGI buffs.

Personally I'd say it's hard to go wrong with stats in the long run, though in the short run it could effect you. I put 5 points into AGI at creation to reach the 75 soft cap (if I remember anything less than 75 drops your ac) but I don't really know if that works on this server or not"YES it does". I spent the rest on WIS since it's harder to reach 200 wis with a shaman than a druid or cleric. That way I could hit 200 with less items and use the rest of my available slots for hp/mana/ac. It seems now however that even if you go over 200 you aren't really wasting points since it doesn't drop to 1 mana per wis/int. I don't even have 200 wis right now anyways, I've already replaced some items with mana/hp and ditched the wis anyways. Plat tiara is far better than any 5 wis helm even under the cap. Black sapphire earrings clearly better than a 3 wis earring even under the cap, etc.

In the sense of str and cha. Hasbinbad takes into account that you will ALWAYS have a shaman buffing you with +67 to all stats. How many people ALWAYS have a sham buffing them. Maybe if All you do is raid when you play. Plus you gotta keep bugging the sham :) every hour. When they could be slowing mobs and healing.