PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mobs aggroing in Wolf Form in Unrest

jadefoot
12-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Don't remember happening in live at all but a Mortuary Fungus aggroed me while in wolf form. Come to think of it, so did the Reanimated Hand. In live I don't think anything was KoS in Unrest while in wolf form.

melkezidek
12-10-2011, 12:43 PM
This is how I remember it as well. Sadly I cannot find any old information about it so I do not think anything will change.

messiah_b
12-10-2011, 12:59 PM
This was acknowledged by Dev in a previous thread on factions, but I don't think they know how to fix it. Every mob in unrest was dubious to wolf form. Here it goes to threatening.

Sundawg
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
My research into this shows a druid in wolf form becomming indifferent to everything (well, almost everything) in Unrest.

Fixed, pending update.

jadefoot
02-26-2012, 12:12 AM
just checked tonight and everything in Unrest now scowls while in wolf form.

Sundawg
02-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Anyone else having this problem? It still looks fine from my end.

Handull
02-26-2012, 12:54 AM
What I found was that the fungus mobs in unrest carried faction hits when killed that applied to some "Inhabitants of Unrest" or something. No other mobs had/have these hits on p99. I have no idea if this is classic, but after killing enough of them, I was KoS in wolf form. That's probably the reason why some people have KoS faction, but the coding looks right. Classic? who knows.

Sundawg
02-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Checking the NPC lists for unrest, none of them should be giving out faction hits for Unrest faction.

Classically speaking, you should not be able to go KOS in unrest (in wolf form that is, at least to the vast majority of the mobs in Unrest).

I'll investigate a bit deeper tomorrow if you two are positive your wolf form toons are kos to the majority of mobs within Unrest.

Handull
02-26-2012, 12:39 PM
I've got work all day today, but if I get a chance at night, I can run in and take a screen shot showing both the faction hits from the fungi and showing that i am KoS. I'll check this thread before doing it though.

Handull
02-27-2012, 12:41 AM
This image shows me conning a mob in unrest in Wood Elf, regular Wolf Form, and 60 Wolf Form. It also shows the fungus don't have a faction hit. Maybe this was patched, but I am positive those mobs gave me the faction hits.

http://acyrid.guildportal.com/GuildFiles/438593/EQ000016s.bmp

nilbog
02-28-2012, 02:09 PM
kanras and I are fixing this for the next patch.

What other zones/npcs should be affected by illusion wolf?

Kender
02-28-2012, 03:08 PM
kanras and I are fixing this for the next patch.

What other zones/npcs should be affected by illusion wolf?

Mistmoore, but not all mobs, and only if you havn't killed your faction already.

found this link witha reference to it http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/RedClaw/MISTMOORE.html

Druids and Wolf Form

If a druid uses wolf form and has never done anything to lower faction with Mistmoore(such as killing any creatures here), then there is a good chance he or she will be able to run through here without being attacked. Please remember that not all mobs inside Mistmoore will be indifferent to you, but many will.

dont know if it works like that on here already or not though

Daldaen
02-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Kithicor as well I believe...

Also I don't know how Gorenaire works on here as I've never seen her up except for in beta. But she should be non-KoS to everyone except for wolves, she should be KoS to them.

nilbog
03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Also I don't know how Gorenaire works on here as I've never seen her up except for in beta. But she should be non-KoS to everyone except for wolves, she should be KoS to them.

Gorenaire in particular? She is RingofScale. Most likely if Gorenaire was kos to wolf form, all of ROS *should* be.

DoucLangur
04-18-2012, 02:54 PM
bump - Wolf form still KoS in Unrest.

Sundawg
04-18-2012, 03:41 PM
It is fixed, wait for the patch.

DoucLangur
04-18-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry, I assumed there had been a patch between february 28 and now - didn't mean to bother you unnecessarily!