PDA

View Full Version : A little story from this week of mine

Loretta
04-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Working with your boss as his only employee into the late hours, and early mornings can sometimes get kinda squirrly. Its kind of almost like a relationship you have between the two of you - And when you break up, whether its because you quit/or fired etc. there are phases that occur. You go through the whole phase where you are shocked, and wonder why all of this is happening, or go behind his/her back to set up a better deal for yourself because of growing suspicion. Either way the height of this is generally the phase of madness which can sometimes occur where it seems to be all-out-war and someone reaches a breaking point.

It happened to come together in a mighty clash last night into today for me and my boss - He reached that point, and cracked. Lets just say he fucked up royally, and this was the perfect stormy situation involving an unstoppable force, meets an immovable object - I was not going to take it any longer.

I'd taken enough abuse and all of the things I had done to go out of my way to appease him which lead to thankless days and frustrated nights had been building up over the course of many months - So in more recently weeks I had been preparing myself, and exploring my "other" suitors in my field of design.

Well needless to say, my former boss says hes sorry for being a douche and he didnt mean all those bad things he's said and that im a good girlfrien... I mean employee.

Anyway, he wants me back that much is obvious. I'm going to keep looking on the horizon for better option's - While I'm glad i'm able to go "Freelancing" on the stretch I'm way happier to be out of the position I was in where I felt I was forced to comply to his wishes and that I had no say in the matter - This made me feel worthless and had a psychological impact on me and my ability to look forward in my career because I was being held back.

I learned a good lesson from all of this, that sometimes standing up for yourself, even when it leads to conflict, is necessary to get where you want to be - This is something I especially needed to do more of but lacked the courage for until recently. Even though the breakup can be hard with periods of insanity, I think I'm better off for it.

Change is inevitable and I think its best to meet it head on and to have the courage to dictate your own terms, than to allow yourself to be taken advantage of. A lot can happen when P99 is down!

Current status <Frisky Freelancer Open to New Opportunities, PST>

Lickum
04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
yeah, you needed to get a new boyfriend, he sounded like a jerk!

Taslion
04-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Odd.

President
04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Let me guess, you get in fights because you play too much EQ!!! Or... is it you are fighting because you haven't had your fix lately?!?!

Just kidding =) sucks to hear

Barkingturtle
04-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Next time, don't sleep with your boss.

A blowjob will suffice.

magic
04-13-2010, 11:07 PM
If you have a little extra money laying around the next time you're depressed or are met with hard times, you should pick up about half a gram or so of some raw heroin. It's like an orgasm for your entire body. I guarantee you'll forget about anything that is bothering you.

Excision Rottun
04-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Was your boss Steven Seagal?

jilena
04-14-2010, 11:08 AM

lol pro

Omnimorph
04-14-2010, 12:12 PM

Now that's fresh :p

Hope you get a cool million bucks like the chick he sexually assaulted is trying for :p that would cover your eq addiction for a while.

JaVeDK
04-14-2010, 12:18 PM
If you have a little extra money laying around the next time you're depressed or are met with hard times, you should pick up about half a gram or so of some raw heroin. It's like an orgasm for your entire body. I guarantee you'll forget about anything that is bothering you.

Are you seriously recommending hard drugs to people who might be impressionable due to emotional stress? Why not recommend she throws herself off a bridge? I'm sorry (not really), but frankly that makes me sick.

Excision Rottun
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Are you seriously recommending hard drugs to people who might be impressionable due to emotional stress? Why not recommend she throws herself off a bridge? I'm sorry (not really), but frankly that makes me sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06VWh2ArZqk

jilena
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
This thread is already starting down a path that could lead to amazing lulz potential.

Thank you guys so much.

magic
04-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Whoa ease up there, Pal. It's not like I told her to go out and buy some hypodermic needles and inject the shit. Nothing wrong with doing a little bump of heroin every once in a while as long as you don't have a super addictive personality.

Excision Rottun
04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Whoa ease up there, Pal. It's not like I told her to go out and buy some hypodermic needles and inject the shit. Nothing wrong with doing a little bump of heroin every once in a while as long as you don't have a super addictive personality.

Chase the dragon imo, less chance of overdose and you can pretend your on a Vox raid or some shit.

JaVeDK
04-14-2010, 06:17 PM

Yeah I'm sorry, what are the chances that people playing an 11 year old emulated mmorpg have an addictive personality? I've seen what drugs, especially heroin, can do to people - and personally, I'd rather be dead than a heroin addict.

magic
04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah I'm sorry, what are the chances that people playing an 11 year old emulated mmorpg have an addictive personality? I've seen what drugs, especially heroin, can do to people - and personally, I'd rather be dead than a heroin addict.

I'm an oldfag too and heroin only gets the best of you if you let it. I'm not an addict, I've done it a few times when I seriously thought life couldn't get any worse and it made me feel like a billion dollars. Would you be so averse to my statement if I said "LOLZ GO GET WEED N GET HI LIKE DA OTHER THRED SED 2"

jilena
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Awww I prefer workplace nightmares to drug advice. Just saying.

magic
04-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Awww I prefer workplace nightmares to drug advice. Just saying.

She looks like a dope head already anyways. Just saying.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9643/1270532457821.jpg

Sadface
04-14-2010, 10:29 PM

Less time trolling, more time responding to pm's fgt

Hasbinbad
04-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Less time trolling, more time responding to pm's fgt
Aww magic, your public awaits!

magic
04-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Aww magic, your public awaits!

they can wait until we're finished, sweetheart.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/687/1270933253725.jpg

Excision Rottun
04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
This is why we can't have nice things!