PDA

View Full Version : Staff Communication

Kringe
12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
One of the biggest problems most companies have is the inability to communicate with the community their thoughts, and or issues they are addressing.

What I would like to ask politely (not demand) is that the current staff atleast keep us informed of what is being working on or addressed, especially some of the big issues that have been reported since beta. With this servers fresh launch we are all kind of left in the dark as there hasnt been any patch notes in over 3-4 weeks.

Is it possible to work with us on alittle better communication of whats being addressed/worked on?

Maybe a stickied thread here or at the top of the PVP bugs forums with a simple (being looked at) or anything would ease alot of our minds as to what is happening or what is planned for the future of the server.

Thanks.

Any open suggestions would also be great.

Slave
12-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Project 1999 staff has always been probably the #1 entity for good communications that I have ever seen out of a plethora, a true myriad, of games that I have seen and played.

That said, with the recent loss of key personnel, and Red server with so many bugs and issues, they have lately been flagging in this respect, and I can see why a thread on this has been made.

nilbog
12-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I respond to the issues that I can.

@community: help us help you statement for all bug reports:

When reporting a bug, don't assume we know what you're talking about. i.e. "mana bug" - this really means nothing to me if I read it.

Post a brief description of what you believe to be a problem followed any screenshots, quotes, and links you have.

Existing bug reports that include little to no information: If you see one of these you're interested in seeing fixed, help to research it.

Imagine a source developer spends 1 hour a day fixing issues. If there is nothing in a bug thread which supports a change, yet everyone agrees it should be changed, the developer then has to spend time doing the research themselves. Sometimes it takes hours or days to find supporting evidence with only one person trying.

Obviously small issues are fixed faster than larger ones, yet 1 hour of time is a lot if it's implementing changes rather than researching them.

Srs Not Ames
12-09-2011, 04:46 PM
I think a stickied thread would be a great idea so we can know which bugs that the staff is aware about, Which ones still need to be reported and what is currently being looked at/fixed. Would put a lot of people at ease being able to retrieve all that information from one consolidated thread (preferably stickied).

Srs Not Ames
12-09-2011, 05:34 PM
k, now read the original post of this thread.

You think this was the place for your discussion?

I don't.

I think it was Kringe actually trying to get me and the other developers to do some type of weekly update or dev blog about what we are working on.

I know you gotta deal with trolls and all the bullshit that goes with it on a daily basis but most of us are generally appreciative of the server. This box is the most stable thing we've had for a PvP server for a long time and although there are some things that need to be fixed its for the most part a pretty fucking good server.

I think Kringe was smart for making this post though. Something like this could really be a positive thing towards bettering the server. If there was one consolidated thread i think it would be easier for people to make informed posts on what bugs they've encountered and what you guys already know about so they don't waste their and your time on something your already aware of. Communicating what you guys are looking into and a few updates every now and then in the thread can only be a good thing. Again, Like Kringe said this is not a demand in any way - Just a suggestion that i think would be really great if implemented.

mourning
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I would like it if the devs could make a red 99 developer blog, that would be quite righteous pals.

Thanks for the server, im very immersed.

xblade724
12-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Wow, this thread. Err uh, anyways, back to topic? I think a sticky of some major things being worked on would be great. Not talking about a time consuming blog, just a slap of random major things you're working on for the next patch. It'd also be helpful to update us as to how much longer a server may be down if it's running late. Just a 5 second "Sorry guys taking longer than thought - maybe an hour longer extra" would be great.

Anything > nothing

Nother
12-11-2011, 06:55 AM
"Sorry guys taking longer than thought - maybe an hour longer extra" would be great.

Anything > nothing

This

Albane
12-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow, this thread. Err uh, anyways, back to topic? I think a sticky of some major things being worked on would be great. Not talking about a time consuming blog, just a slap of random major things you're working on for the next patch. It'd also be helpful to update us as to how much longer a server may be down if it's running late. Just a 5 second "Sorry guys taking longer than thought - maybe an hour longer extra" would be great.

Anything > nothing

Bump. Hopefully we can get a simple list of things being worked on. Currently, about 5 players are turning this server into shit for the other 500.

Muaar
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM
Perhaps we could create a 'Staff of Communication' item that players can buy for $15/month that when clicked in game opens VOIP with a GM. Also they would get special access to items and increased experience

Kamid
12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
^ WTB

nilbog
12-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Perhaps we could create a 'Staff of Communication' item that players can buy for $15/month that when clicked in game opens VOIP with a GM. Also they would get special access to items and increased experience

Nope. Money will grant you no items or services.

Muaar
12-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Make the staff free then I guess

nilbog
12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Make the staff free then I guess

All of the developers and staff are volunteers. Not sure what you're trying to say.

Muaar
12-13-2011, 01:39 PM
its a play on words
http://renaissancebcs6.wikispaces.com/file/view/funny-pictures-shakespeare-ape.jpg/71820721/funny-pictures-shakespeare-ape.jpg

Tombom
12-13-2011, 01:39 PM
IM DUMB

Bazia
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
This ever get better?

hagard
06-03-2012, 01:30 PM
big kringe predicting the future demise the server back in december.

A true prophet