PDA

View Full Version : <a Newb> Inc!!

Gellineau
04-13-2010, 05:37 PM
Howzit all...just discovered p99 the day after the server went down - looking foward to starting up Friday.

Throwing this post up for other incoming folks to post play times, class, starting cities, etc. to see if can make some grouping arrangments...

I am in Hawaii so Aussie time zone but plan on being online all weekend and have a pretty lax schedule during the week - played monk in past but been digging supportage as a bard ever since EQ2 so think I'll go Bard!

Look foward to meeting some good players and develping carpal tunnel.

~ does anyone use vent?

VincentVolaju
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
I knew about the server for a while now but just started playing a few days before server down, got a Cleric to level 9 so I plan on playing that. First time ever playing EQ so I guess I am true newb, so far all I really know is orc hill and cb! lol, oh and east coast us btw.

Bayleo
04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
What part of Hawaii?

Bones
04-13-2010, 05:49 PM
I knew about the server for a while now but just started playing a few days before server down, got a Cleric to level 9 so I plan on playing that. First time ever playing EQ so I guess I am true newb, so far all I really know is orc hill and cb! lol, oh and east coast us btw.

I envy you so very very much.

Gellineau
04-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Live Kailua area of Oahu.

Was just thinking I can't be sure of in game name but guess I'll just go Gellineau to keep some semblance of consistency....

Rufus
04-13-2010, 06:33 PM
I envy you so very very much.

Couldn't agree more... what I wouldn't give to start over knowing nothing about this game.

VincentVolaju
04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Couldn't agree more... what I wouldn't give to start over knowing nothing about this game.

Lol what, why? I feel like I am at a disadvantage not knowing anything heh. I dunno where to go to level, what kind of gear I should be going for, how to make money quickly. Haha I don't even know my way to the "obvious" places that people say to meet them at, my response is usually like "Umm, where is that?" and there like ".....are you kidding?" lol. And on top of all that kind of stuff, I don't know any other players/groups/guilds on the server so I am like almost always playing alone unless there is a random group who takes me in haha.

Tudana
04-13-2010, 06:45 PM
hi and welcome new folks :) glad to see more starting up...(when friday rolls around that is)

Rufus
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Lol what, why? I feel like I am at a disadvantage not knowing anything heh. I dunno where to go to level, what kind of gear I should be going for, how to make money quickly. Haha I don't even know my way to the "obvious" places that people say to meet them at, my response is usually like "Umm, where is that?" and there like ".....are you kidding?" lol. And on top of all that kind of stuff, I don't know any other players/groups/guilds on the server so I am like almost always playing alone unless there is a random group who takes me in haha.

Just the complete sense of adventure. I have never had a better experience in a video game than adventuring through Norrath without knowing anything. It's just so much fun exploring new places that you have never been before. It might be a little different for you because 90% of the people you are playing with have extensive knowledge about the game, but trust me, if you stick with this game, you will have an experience like no other. And hopefully this server will increase in population so you don't have to worry about finding groups.

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM me.

Xumosa
04-13-2010, 06:54 PM

because learning eq and playing it slowly instead of doing the typical grind, finding new zones and in the future learning about epics and playing in kunark/velious zones...ahh the memories...

btw im new too, ill be starting my 1st char on friday as well, but im also rolling a bard lol so dont know how well 2 bards would be in a group although it would be cool for duoing at a lil higher lvls if anyone wants to hit me up for a group my character name will be Xumosa wood elf bard

playtime is 6:30pm-11pm weekdays and all day weekends :o

Bones
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM

The best part about classic was logging in creating a level 1 char for the first time, and not knowing a damn thing. Then spending the next 4 years having the most fun I have ever had playing a video game.

Swindle
04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Half the fun of the game is the exploration and discovery. I still remember the first time I saw some barbarians at the orc lift in GFAY, all in bronze armor. They looked so cool. Then we had a naked Ogre that came to Orc Hill for a few days. He was a local celebrity. Folks would bring him out food and drink. Those were the days.

I am on EST if you need someone to group with. My Shaman, Goatfist, just hit 11 prior to the server going down. He's in EC currently. I got a level 4 Mage named Maginot at the Orc Lift. Give me a holler sometime. I'll be on a lot over the weekend.

MogManX44
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
you know, you could always get a leg up and start your 12 step program before the server comes back up...

well, welcome to the addiction that is p99, we hope you enjoy your looooooooooonnngg stay

Crone
04-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I remember feeling so proud that I knew how to travel between Freeport and Qeynos, and up to Halas.

The tunnel down to BB, Everfrost side... and how dark it was as Barbarian.. I used to run down the tunnel backwards, because I could use the candles on the wall as guides, otherwise I'd get so turned around and lost I'd never make it to the zone.

Good times.

Gellineau
04-13-2010, 08:22 PM
I originally started just before Luclin - but do recall getting lost and dying so many friggin times...just wish I remembered more than I do...gonna run around on Another Classic to get my bearings. Pretty stoked for Friday.

ChairmanMauzer
04-14-2010, 12:24 AM
I just started up before the servers went down too. Got a new bard and necro rolling at about level 4 or 5 atm.