PDA

View Full Version : Server was rushed

hotstud
12-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Just a quick rant about the state of this server. We were told that it would take "as long as needed" to properly test and setup this server. Instead staff caved to angsty nerd pressure and released it something like 1-2 months after beta went up.

Tons of non-classic changes and bugs have been left in that essentially make this a custom server. I mean, for fucks sake.. you can't even break line of sight on spells to interrupt them? That alone should have delayed release of server. It puts melees at a huge disadvantage and just generally changes the entire dynamic of PvP especially in dungeons.

This "classic PvP" server was rushed out and is far from classic even in the most trivial ways. I was really excited for EQ PvP and I've been poop socking it so hard that only now am I starting to realize this server doesn't really have good PvP because of these problems.

fiegi
12-09-2011, 04:15 AM
buffs staying in same slot on rebuff def not classic!!!

Truth
12-09-2011, 04:24 AM
OP is clearly troll we waited like 6 months just for beta which was like a month and a half

hotstud
12-09-2011, 04:40 AM
OP is clearly troll we waited like 6 months just for beta which was like a month and a half

Yeah, and we were told beta would last as long as necessary.. which obviously didn't happen unless the goal was to release a buggy unfinished non-classic PvP server where whoever exploits the most wins. Mission accomplished? As much as I don't care about Cast's crying in his thread that kind of is the situation we have now. Really this is the same situation I've always complained about with P99.

There is a ton of bugs everyone wants fixed but the staff size continues to remain stagnant. I've stated multiple times I would be willing to develop code for this server if a straightforward process was laid out about how to see a bug list, look at the code and develop a fix, and submit it for consideration. Instead I'm just told that if someone wants to contribute code they can "figure it out." I still believe there is a huge resource of people who would contribute to this project if it was made possible and we would have a much better game as a result. I do admit security is a big concern though so if that is being deemed more important than community interaction that's fine. Like I said this is just a small rant about the situation.

Smedy
12-09-2011, 07:06 AM
gotta love all the idiots feeling their input is valuable after the server release when there was a over a month of beta.

server is fine, you are arguing over minor things.

the line of sight was fixed due to spell casters not being able to do anything in classic if it was like original.

right now line of sight removed 50% of the range, so if you're not entirely bad at the game you just run away a little bit from the wall and you get out of spell casting range

Truth
12-09-2011, 06:38 PM
is it confirmed the 50% los rules?

Zalaerian
12-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Smedy telling it like it is. Praise.

mitic
12-09-2011, 07:25 PM
clearly gm favouritism since smedy is in imaginary friends!

ChubbyBubbles
12-09-2011, 07:27 PM
gotta love all the idiots feeling their input is valuable after the server release when there was a over a month of beta.

Tell it like it is BigSwedeJesus.

Null
12-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Wipe it Clean!

Diggles
12-09-2011, 08:26 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png

Autotune
12-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Wipe it Clean!

lol.

Shrubwise
12-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Wipe it Clean!