PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Befallen Aggro

dcapotos
12-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I was recently hunting in Befallen and noticed that NPCs were aggroing through walls in rooms with closed doors. One notable spot is on the first floor, second door on right as you walk in. The first spawn in that hallway will aggro the entire room to your left if you pull it. I don't remember NPCs aggroing through walls like this in Befallen.

The same thing happens after the first door on the right; the rats in the right room will aggro. My enchanter pet would sometimes just walk through the walls and aggro the rats in this room.

These these NPCs that aggro are pathing through the walls and even attacking through them They should be pathing through the doors.

My necromancer used to hunt here back in 2000 and I don't remember this unusual NPC behavior at all.

Arillious
12-08-2011, 03:46 PM
This is 100% classic. Instead of addressing this on live, they just raised the experience bonus in the zone. Pets never worked in befallen and mobs aggro through walls.

Source: I leveled in befallen on live during classic era with multiple characters.