PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Raster of Guk despawned on death before loot

MoonlightStoner
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
spent ages off and on trying to camp it, finally it it, kill it and the corpse just poofs, was just trying to get my brother a robe for an xmas present but his corpse poofed might wanna look into, it just figure'd i'd let you all know i'll try to camp it again so wee if that's what happens but i dont think i can spent another week in guk off and on for it =/

nilbog
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Hmm.

He despawned after he died? Shouldn't be possible. If an npc spawns/despawns by time of day, corpses of the preceding cycle are unaffected and should persist for their full decay timer.

If he was still alive, when the cycle clicked, he would have despawned.

On the raster guides, it definitely indicates raster/ph could despawn, so keeping time was important.

I ALWAYS let the PH despawn when I arrived to camp, unless it was just after 10am, where I would kill that, and let the next one despawn. This is important, as if you start to kill the PH straight away, the times will not match, and you could have big problems. One time, I could not clear the path to the PH quick enough, and so the PH was up for a while while I rested. I killed it, then the next spawn, the 5am, was very late, arriving sometime after 7am. This then despawned 30 seconds later! Thankfully it was a mino, but if it was Raster....

http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/raster.htm
Only other thing I can think of is that his corpse fell through the world.

Anyone else experienced issues with this?

MoonlightStoner
12-08-2011, 11:23 PM
i'm a 60 necro had camp cleared, it was just my pet and him and he died in 1-2 quite lifetaps with pet dps i saw his corpse land and then it wasn't there anymore i talked to amelinda about it and snoogan they said that you'd prolly be able to help me, I can't waste another week trying to get my brother a robe for christmas :( but it seems I may have to unless u all can pull up logs of me killin raster last night sux i didnt get to loot it he was only up a total of 5-10 mins before i killled him and the corpse immediately poofed :( I just wanted my piece so I can finish the long rest of it :( plz any assistance would be lovely