PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Shissar Seance Staff

Seaweedpimp
12-07-2011, 08:59 PM
The effect on the staff is called soul well, I believe it's supposed to be a leach type spell, also working like splurt. At the moment the staff is doing damage, but is not returning any hitpoints nor is it giving me a buff icon.

Please dont kill me for linking alla but its really all i could find.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1816

03 post talking about the upgraded staff, later on with the same clicky.

"On the Death staff this is effective at 50 comperable to the Necro Bond of Death"

BoD is our 49 leach.

Post from 01'

"This item was upgraded to the other staff with the same effect that drops in VP. The other staff has 20int 25hp(i think) and 85mana. The effect is the same though, 800 DoT Tap like Bond of Death/Vexing Mordinia. I belive its got some stacking issues though...Can't remember off the top of my head...Can't have lich series up or the effect won't take effect on you I think"

Apparently back in the day this soul well heal did not stack with any lich type spell, in a certian order but then it was fixed at some point. In other words if you had lich up and then cast this spell it would not land on you, but you could get hit with soul well then add lich and they would stack.

Not alot of info on this item, but i really hope you guys can fix this. Its bad enough it looks like a cracked staff! (jk i cant complain)

Seaweedpimp
12-07-2011, 09:07 PM
A little more to add, found on the deathspeaker staff page.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4849

03'
"This is a nice stick to wield. It is usable at 50, I got mine at 49 and effect said i was insufficent lvl. at 49 you get Bond of Death and this effect is basicaly a mana free BoD with a longer cast. very usefull indeed! add the HP, MANA and INT and this makes for a nice stick indeed. Oh and the graphic is just a plain ole brown stick for those Style concious types. Good luck on obtaining yours."

02'

"Confirmed.

Staff now works. Late November EQ announced on test that they were working on the fix for this staff. Patch before last the staff was fixed. The effect appears to start off very low and by the end of the effect you see a large amount of hit points gained.

This staff is great for grouping in the planes. You can send in your pet once MT has engaged and then drop this dot on the mob and you are set. If your group lacks some dps just land a dot or two.

I think I have seen this effect resisted in Plane of Nightmares before as a level 56, now 57, necro. With it's very long casting time that can be a pain. But great staff and great effect."

02'

"Got this today in VP.

13.5 second cast time on the staff, lifetap based, you must equip to use. Seems to be approx a 750pt lifetap, less than bond of death, but not by much. Has a stacking bug... will not take hold if you have lich up, but if you cast soul well first, you can then lich, and they will stack.

I lose 6hp/tick in the new arch lich with soul well up. With my zland heart equipped this drops to 1hp/tick, and when I get innate regen, hp loss will be cancelled out completely.

Very nice item for soloing. With epic snare, velketor IB bracer, and this, I can solo without using any mana at all."

Seaweedpimp
12-07-2011, 09:08 PM
02'

"Well, here is the info from the spdat.eff:

Soul Well
Hit Points (HP) - Unknown Formula

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skill: Alteration
Allowable Targets: Drain

Range to Target: 200 feet

Resistance Check: Magic

Mana Required: 360
Spell Duration: 10 ticks (60 seconds)
Duration Formula: 2
Casting Time: 7.0 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds
Recast Delay: 10.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: You feel your life force drain away.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso staggers.
Spell fades: The bond fades.

I can only assume it's a splurt-like lifetap dot. Starting out small then gradualy doing more and more damage over time."

Seaweedpimp
12-08-2011, 04:06 AM
This last post, i have no idea where this guy got this information. Only 2 items ever existed with soul well on them and neither costed any mana, had a spell recovery timer, delay, and the cast time listed is 7 seconds.

I would just edit it out but it does atleast help prove (somewhat lol) that the spell is indeed a splurt type leach.

Edit : Also at the moment it stacks with vexing mordina, necros highest level leach. (58? icr)

These spells should not stack together, they stack in both orders more than likely, but I was able to land the soul well, then 6 seconds later put a vexing mordina on the mob aswell. Ill check to see if they stack vice versa, vexing should overwrite it. At the moment its no different than a weak splurt.

Seaweedpimp
12-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Bump

Seaweedpimp
12-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Bump

kanras
12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Seaweedpimp
12-12-2011, 04:21 AM
YESSS thank you kanras <3