PDA

View Full Version : question about multi boxing

nicemace
04-13-2010, 02:27 AM
hey guys, just got the emu system all setup now and will be playing on p1999 once server is back up.

i have read through the rules and understand them and all, just was wondering why multi boxing is not allowed?

i being one of maybe 3 players in New Zealand from live (back in the day) suffered from being at a major disadvantage cause everquest was primarily based around US time zones. so playing late at night no one was on cause it was the early morning in the US etc. so i took up multi boxing so i could find groups etc (ended up 6 boxing groups myself). wasnt using software or anything to assist with it, just additional clients and alt tabing between them etc.

personally i cant see the harm in it? unless i guess it could degrade the value of community and grouping? yeah... just looking for a little more on why its not allowed please.

Nedala
04-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Cuz it would make grouping hard if everybody would 2-6 box their chars. Look at other servers where boxing is allowed: They have not even half the population than p1999 has and half of their pop are boxed chars.

The no-box rule is one of the most important or the most imporant rule imo.

nicemace
04-13-2010, 02:30 AM
i figured that might be the case, i have no experience with emu servers, just 9 years on live.

President
04-13-2010, 02:34 AM
i figured that might be the case, i have no experience with emu servers, just 9 years on live.

There is a fairly good off hours population here.

jilena
04-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Boxing = Taking up more bandwidth while contributing even less to the community.

If you are looking for people in a closer time zone... I think the guild Mostly Harmless is primarily Aussie and they have a few people who play a shitload.

Omnimorph
04-13-2010, 05:48 AM
*looks around* what?! no ones flamed you yet?! but you said the B word!!!

Alot of people prefer to box a certain class rather than group with a potentially unreliable player of that class. Sure i've grouped with some bad players where i probably could have boxed them better than they played, but that's just part of the experience :p

I agree that P99's following probably hinges quite a bit on the no-boxing rule, i for one would probably lose interest very quickly if it were allowed.

mitic
04-13-2010, 07:51 AM
never had problems so far to find or create groups in "off hours". just be proactive, make friends, check /lfgs...its easy, realy, it is. especialy on this server since the pop is high enough at any given time of the day.

trolleleet
04-13-2010, 08:52 AM
never had problems so far to find or create groups in "off hours". just be proactive, make friends, check /lfgs...its easy, realy, it is. especialy on this server since the pop is high enough at any given time of the day.

Youre a enchanter so no wonder, they really are the backbone of a good group.

Casual boxing i couldnt care about, but with so many douchebags on this server i wouldnt want to see the end result.

mitic
04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Youre a enchanter so no wonder, they really are the backbone of a good group.

wth dont downgrade me, iam a bard!!!!!!!