PDA

View Full Version : ..something that hasn't been said enough..

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I know this topic hasn't been brought up much lately, but I would like to see global /ooc taken out of p99, or a level limit to be imposed. The spam is idiotic, and I don't want to have to sacrifice the entire channel because of a handful of jackasses. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crone
04-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Whoa. Really? No way bro.

DevGrousis
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Whoa. Really? No way bro.

*drum roll*
and the douche of the week award goes to!..

jilena
04-12-2010, 09:04 PM
It ruins my immersion. Seriously guys. I absolutely HAVE to read every single word said in /ooc and when it's not about wizards and furry midgets my sense of alternate reality is taken to a place I cannot escape from and I am forced to confront the fact that I still live in the real world where people hate me even more than they do in my imagination. MAKE THE SOCIALIZING STOP PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.

Finawin
04-12-2010, 09:05 PM
YOURE RUINING THE IMMERSION AND ITS NOT CLASSIC AND IM A WHINY TWAT

Taluvill
04-12-2010, 09:06 PM
+for a level limit option....

TBQH, untill we reach about 1000 members (and we most likely wont till kunark, and with all the new zoned idk if its worth it then. Too much room) IMO its not worth it to take it out.

If we said level 10 for OOC, i think that would be acceptable, no? and just open a section on the forums for questions from new players with lots and lots of faqs

Finawin
04-12-2010, 09:08 PM
That idea has already been brought up, and level 5 would be plenty. (to stop the spammer)

This thread is just a joke to bring light to the fact that too many morons keep making new threads about it.

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 09:51 PM
This thread is just a joke to bring light to the fact that too many morons keep making new threads about it.
I actually espouse the views in my OP, but Finawin is on target as to why i made a new post. :D

mudvayne1812
04-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I was gonna complain about ooc here... but i don't think this thread is actually gonna get enough attention. I'm gonna go post In Technical Discussion.

Finawhinge
04-12-2010, 10:45 PM
I know this topic hasn't been brought up much lately, but I would like to see global /ooc taken out of p99, or a level limit to be imposed. The spam is idiotic, and I don't want to have to sacrifice the entire channel because of a handful of jackasses. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

/disagree

<--- insert random ragepost regarding how awesome ooc is and why EC tunnel will never happen again! --->

mirko
04-12-2010, 10:51 PM
LOL and people still post like your serious!!! LOLOL I am laughing my ass off

Uaellaen
04-12-2010, 11:08 PM
I actually espouse the views in my OP, but Finawin is on target as to why i made a new post. :D

Lies. I think you just wanted to be a "cool kid" :eek:

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Lies. I think you just wanted to be a "cool kid" :eek:
AM I DOING IT RITE?!?

jilena
04-12-2010, 11:33 PM
I can't believe you guys aren't taking this more seriously. This is totally game breaking and ruins the entire classic experience. I don't know how you can just sit there doing nothing when people are having conversations about Obama in OOC. This totally ruins gameplay for me and honestly there is no way I can see myself being able to heal people when somewhere on the same server as me people are enjoying talking to one another about topics not directly related to Everquest. If this isn't fixed immediately I foresee the server having more noobs sticking around past level 2 and this totally ruins the 90% noob turnover rate a TRUE classic server would maintain. You laugh now but what will you do when some of these noobs are in your dungeons, looting your mobs???

Something must be done.

Hasbinbad
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
I can't believe you guys aren't taking this more seriously. This is totally game breaking and ruins the entire classic experience. I don't know how you can just sit there doing nothing when people are having conversations about Obama in OOC. This totally ruins gameplay for me and honestly there is no way I can see myself being able to heal people when somewhere on the same server as me people are enjoying talking to one another about topics not directly related to Everquest. If this isn't fixed immediately I foresee the server having more noobs sticking around past level 2 and this totally ruins the 90% noob turnover rate a TRUE classic server would maintain. You laugh now but what will you do when some of these noobs are in your dungeons, looting your mobs???

Something must be done.
It's not just that dude, I enjoy ooc conversations in ooc, but honestly, there are a large number of disposable accounts made by a few bad apples that spam for no other reason than to annoy people. Fix THAT and I really have no problem with global ooc other than "it's not classic," which I really take with a grain of salt, because this server isn't really classic in the first place (not a flame, i know most of the non-classic elements are beyond control and the ones that aren't are there for good reason). Basically, I could do without the danthrotica from Penoy's many banned accounts and other idiotic spam from characters named "iugfajsjskfuu" or equivalent.

Bones
04-13-2010, 12:12 AM
It's not just that dude, I enjoy ooc conversations in ooc, but honestly, there are a large number of disposable accounts made by a few bad apples that spam for no other reason than to annoy people. Fix THAT and I really have no problem with global ooc other than "it's not classic," which I really take with a grain of salt, because this server isn't really classic in the first place (not a flame, i know most of the non-classic elements are beyond control and the ones that aren't are there for good reason). Basically, I could do without the danthrotica from Penoy's many banned accounts and other idiotic spam from characters named "iugfajsjskfuu" or equivalent.

Ugh... I enjoyed wacking off to... err reading the Danthrotica.

BTW: Danth, where did you go homie?

Finawin
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM

This has already been addressed in the 9001 other "real" threads on the issue.

Hasbinbad
04-13-2010, 01:09 AM
This has already been addressed in the 9001 other "real" threads on the issue.
Which is why the spirit of this OP has tongue firmly in cheek! :)

jilena
04-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Honestly the past couple of weeks (obv past couple of weeks from when the server went down) there hasn't been all that much spam and while I guess it could be occurring during the 35 minutes per day I am not logged in I think it's died down a lot. And yeah I think those people are pieces of shit too. The Danth stories were funny but one or two postings of each would have been sufficient, 30 in a row pushing all the other spam out of ooc is too much and quite annoying.

That said my worry is just that any new person logging in for the first time is likely to have forgotten a huge chunk of EQs quirky little annoyances. Being able to just /ooc OMG HOW DO I SWIM UP?!?! may be the difference between a bunch of these people continuing to play or just throwing their hands up in frustration. And yeah I know people too stupid to figure out every aspect of the newbie experience will just be breathing air that better players could be breathing and all that... But really it takes good players and noobs and assholes and everything else under the sun to make for a real classic experience... And I think that encouraging people to stay and give it a chance will be more beneficial in the long run and easily balance out the annoyance of having to put anoob_001 on ignore for spaming about halfling cock. *shrug*

atvaata
04-13-2010, 01:41 AM
ITS RUINING THE SERVERS INTEGRITY

/sarcasm

Hasbinbad
04-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Honestly the past couple of weeks (obv past couple of weeks from when the server went down) there hasn't been all that much spam and while I guess it could be occurring during the 35 minutes per day I am not logged in I think it's died down a lot. And yeah I think those people are pieces of shit too. The Danth stories were funny but one or two postings of each would have been sufficient, 30 in a row pushing all the other spam out of ooc is too much and quite annoying.
Yeah well, if there is a continued trend of less idiocy, I wouldn't be 100% opposed to it, but the other major argument against it is the non-classicness (this argument is continued after the next quote).
That said my worry is just that any new person logging in for the first time is likely to have forgotten a huge chunk of EQs quirky little annoyances. Being able to just /ooc OMG HOW DO I SWIM UP?!?! may be the difference between a bunch of these people continuing to play or just throwing their hands up in frustration. And yeah I know people too stupid to figure out every aspect of the newbie experience will just be breathing air that better players could be breathing and all that... But really it takes good players and noobs and assholes and everything else under the sun to make for a real classic experience... And I think that encouraging people to stay and give it a chance will be more beneficial in the long run and easily balance out the annoyance of having to put anoob_001 on ignore for spaming about halfling cock. *shrug*
When I started playing live at the release of kunark, I didn't have global /ooc to ask questions of people, and I got on just fine. Also, I played on a very low pop server with a bunch of other people who didn't really know much either, so the argument that people couldn't get help by doing /who all insertyourclasshere 40 50 (yeah, they might have to ask a few people before they get this command, but EQ is HARD damnit) is ludicrous. Most of the people who play on this server are WAY more knowledgeable and friendly than they were when I was coming up. People are generally idiots, this is true, but people who play fucking everquest are at least idiots who really WANT to be doing this, and so prolly would be willing to put forth the minuscule effort required to get answers to questions by asking individuals, rather than the pit of chaos that global ooc is currently. They would STILL be able to ask questions in populated zones (usually around newbie areas), and the rest of us wouldn't have to listen to that SAME FUCKING QUESTION for the 17 millionth time.

Also, before anyone starts, I don't want to have to SHUT OFF OOC ALTOGETHER in order to evade the aforementioned dribble.

atvaata
04-13-2010, 01:45 AM
I don't know how you can just sit there doing nothing when people are having conversations about Obama in OOC.
Something must be done.

this is due to a flux in the quantum mechanics of time. we in 1999 have not yet developed the time travel capabilities that those in the year 2010 have. Who is this obama?

jilena
04-13-2010, 01:52 AM
To avoid quoting massive walls of text, this reply is obv directed to Hasbinbad lol...

I agree that there is nothing stopping people from figuring out the game. I figured it out in 1999 and I figured it out on here with minimal effort/readjustment (though I have played eqlive in the past few years).

That said, I still would rather have the few slackers/whiners that might not make it past level 3 without a lil help than not. New blood is good for the server even if it isn't of the from the best stock lol.

Nedala
04-13-2010, 02:35 AM
/disagree

<--- insert random ragepost regarding how awesome ooc is and why EC tunnel will never happen again! --->

i lold

Finawin
04-13-2010, 02:58 AM
What's funnier is random trolls and retards coming here posting in this thread as if it's serious lol

Read as: Nedala, who thinks that ooc changes the entire dynamic of the game. Laaaaaawl

Nedala
04-13-2010, 03:10 AM
What's funnier is random trolls and retards coming here posting in this thread as if it's serious lol

Read as: Nedala, who thinks that ooc changes the entire dynamic of the game. Laaaaaawl

umad ?

I didnt post anything cept the previous post yet in this thread.

stormlord
04-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Another thing that bothers me about /ooc, not just that it goes on and on and on, but people often talk about quests and items and where to get them and how to complete them and such and such. I really don't want to know those kinds of things. I'd rather explore and find out on my own. /ooc is not supposed to be about EQ, but people talk about EQ all the time.

Lots of people use /ooc instead of using allahkazam. Honestly, if you want a cheats list or a walkthrough don't go to /ooc for it. There're better options out there if you want to cheat.

When I first got here i didn't use /ooc, but used it later on. I wanted to know what people are experiencing in /ooc. That way, when and if it was removed, I'd know what was lost. Sometimes new players and others need binds and /ooc helps them. So for me shutting it off isn't an option. In a way, though, it reminds me of the internet. You can never really shut it off once you turn it on.

To be clear... if it was removed, I think we'd all carry on and use the forums instead.

When will /ooc sounds like twitter/? Or "HWT>DMN! SXY DWRF LF FRND!"

xnolanx
04-13-2010, 03:27 AM
lol, whatever it is, be it serverwide /OOC getting fixed or not... there's always going to be be a "new" /OOC that takes its place, imho for someone to complain about.

stormlord
04-13-2010, 03:36 AM
lol, whatever it is, be it serverwide /OOC getting fixed or not... there's always going to be be a "new" /OOC that takes its place, imho for someone to complain about.

I think the forums would replace /ooc if it was restricted to zones.

xnolanx
04-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I wasn't calling you out, stormlord.. or anybody else for that matter, just saying.. People in general are always going to have something "not classic" .. "not right" to complain about in the game.

jilena
04-13-2010, 04:15 AM
Stormlord your post before last has me absolutely baffled. Thank you.

stormlord
04-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Stormlord your post before last has me absolutely baffled. Thank you.

Is that your fault or my fault?

I'll translate my post for you:
I can't live without /ooc! It's a great addition to the game!

Is that better?

I mean, honestly. Just reading your post comes off as being very... umm... ahem... trollish.

Ok, here's my honest translation for you:
1) I'm using /ooc and will keep using it
2) But I don't like to see all of the chatter about items/non-players/zones/etc - if i wanted to know all of that I would go to allakhazam to cheat.
3) When /ooc is removed, people will just come to these forums to do their stuff, so one way or another, people will do /ooc, but maybe it would be better if people used hte forums instead

jilena
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
I was just impressed! I have been using the internets for a long time and I played on the nameless on live and had to translate taiwanese English on a regular basis... Or course I also didn't sleep at all... Sooo... Stuff and things.

stormlord
04-13-2010, 12:03 PM
I was just impressed! I have been using the internets for a long time and I played on the nameless on live and had to translate taiwanese English on a regular basis... Or course I also didn't sleep at all... Sooo... Stuff and things.

There's a little bit of troll in everyone.

jilena
04-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Also stormlord was like the hardest genesis game ever. Just saying.

Finawin
04-13-2010, 12:56 PM
You're complaining about spoilers to a game that is 10 years old+...wow.

grindle
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/mmtvmw.jpg Please dont feed the trolls

Murferoo
04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
I haven't bothered to read this thread...but i'd like to see /ooc per zone.

Dangergirl
04-13-2010, 10:46 PM
It ruins my immersion. Seriously guys. I absolutely HAVE to read every single word said in /ooc and when it's not about wizards and furry midgets my sense of alternate reality is taken to a place I cannot escape from and I am forced to confront the fact that I still live in the real world where people hate me even more than they do in my imagination. MAKE THE SOCIALIZING STOP PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.

Get a life!