PDA

View Full Version : Bind Points

Rufus
04-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Hey everyone,

I played EQ from early in 2000 until late in 2001. I'm new here. Started playing P1999 the DAY before the server went down. What great luck!

Anyway, while we're all waiting for the server to come back up, I am planning out what zones I want to level/quest/live in. So I ask you, humble patrons of P1999, does anyone have a list of zones in which a melee player can be bound in Classic EQ? Exhaustive if possible.

Thanks everyone, and it's good to finally find a true Classic server.

Auvdar
04-12-2010, 01:19 AM
Freeport

Ektar
04-12-2010, 01:28 AM
you can bind in any zone that contains a city. I'd list them, but I feel you can manage that.

karsten
04-12-2010, 01:36 AM
fuck you ektar

i mean that sincerely

let's look at the letters of ektar that also occur in karsten:

ektar

|
|
\/

karsten

PearlJammzz
04-12-2010, 01:36 AM
One of the Karanas allowed you to be bound at a camp too I believe.

Rufus
04-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Ektar, obviously I know that, but there may have been more obscure zones that you can be bound in. Obviously you can be bound in Freeport, Qeynos, Rivervale, Kaladim, etc., but are there any bindable zones that wouldn't immediately come to mind for most people?

Rufus
04-12-2010, 01:41 AM
One of the Karanas allowed you to be bound at a camp too I believe.

See, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Any more specific information on this, PearlJammzz? Or anyone else?

PearlJammzz
04-12-2010, 02:09 AM
See, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Any more specific information on this, PearlJammzz? Or anyone else?

It's the Gypsy camp in North Karana...don't quote me though because it has been quite some time since I played out there lol. Years, and years!

snifs
04-12-2010, 02:21 AM
EC at shady??

Slake
04-12-2010, 02:41 AM
The Arena in Lake Rath. Good place to bind if you are going to be hunting in Paw and SK and such.

Rufus
04-12-2010, 02:50 AM
It's the Gypsy camp in North Karana...don't quote me though because it has been quite some time since I played out there lol. Years, and years!

Just verified this. Thanks a ton, PearlJammzz!

Snifs, you could bind a melee/hybrid in EC near Shady? Or are you saying that's a good place for a caster to bind? I'm just asking for unusual places where a melee could be bound.

Rufus
04-12-2010, 02:51 AM
The Arena in Lake Rath. Good place to bind if you are going to be hunting in Paw and SK and such.

Ah yes, I remember this one now. I was bound there about 9 years ago...
Thanks, Slake!

frediveli
04-12-2010, 03:01 AM
kelethin, kill at crushbone then unrest till about 30

JaVeDK
04-12-2010, 03:43 AM

I'm pretty sure you can't bind there in P99 yet. Think there was a post somewhere about it, but can't find it.

Stevebug
04-12-2010, 06:46 AM

Places that I can confirm:
East Karana (whole of the zone? - at least both merchant camps and the fisherhouses work)
Rathe mountains (at the camp where evil toons may sell their lewtz, but probably more)

Dennycrane
04-12-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't bind there in P99 yet. Think there was a post somewhere about it, but can't find it.

Bound myself in the Arena np :) Just dont get KoS to chickens!

- Dennycrane

Tudana
04-12-2010, 07:49 AM
kelethin, kill at crushbone then unrest till about 30
can bind down on the lift pads..ie orc lift, pod lift. No need to go up the lift to bind.

Aeolwind
04-12-2010, 08:06 AM
You can't bind in the Arena or Gypsy camp yet. Our gypsy camp hack broke at some point and we've not been able to get it working again lol. So mainly it is city zones:

Gfay
Felwithe
Akanon
Kaladim
Freeport (all zones)
Oggok
Grobb
Neriak (all zones)
RV
Halas
Qeynos (N/S)
Surefall (Don't quote me on this one)

You can actually bind anywhere in Gfay, so if you're hunting in LFay for example you can bind just on the other side of the zone.

Striiker
04-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Wasn't there an ability to bind at the druid ring or gypsy camp area in Lavastorm? It's been a long time since I would have been interested in this so my memory fails me at present.

Zordana
04-12-2010, 08:57 AM
fuck you ektar

i mean that sincerely

let's look at the letters of ektar that also occur in karsten:

ektar

|
|
\/

karsten

so karsten is like ektar 2.0?

Zordana
04-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Ah yes, I remember this one now. I was bound there about 9 years ago...
Thanks, Slake!

i heard rumors that you cant bind others in arena on p1999 - never tried it tho

JaVeDK
04-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Bound myself in the Arena np :) Just dont get KoS to chickens!

- Dennycrane

Well anyone who can bind can bind themselves anywhere. What I assume the OP is asking is where can melee characters be bound.

Somekid123
04-12-2010, 11:39 AM
I dont think NK Gypsies has been fixed here.

And no you cant bind at shady in EC, just go bind in WFP.

Rufus
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Well anyone who can bind can bind themselves anywhere. What I assume the OP is asking is where can melee characters be bound.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about, JaVeDK. Unfortunately, according to Aeolwind, it sounds like none of these unusual bind points would work unless you can bind yourself. So I guess binding a melee/hybrid class only works in cities.

Sucks.

Aeolwind
04-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Yep, that's what I'm talking about, JaVeDK. Unfortunately, according to Aeolwind, it sounds like none of these unusual bind points would work unless you can bind yourself. So I guess binding a melee/hybrid class only works in cities.

Sucks.

Correctomundo. The work around for non-City zones like the gypsy camp is horrendous as well lol.

Dennycrane
04-14-2010, 01:33 AM

Ah yep. Figured it was if you could bind at all inside the arena.

- Dennycrane

Aeolwind
04-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Opening a zone is easy, opening a 15 foot square in a zone is the perl equivalent of landing on the moon.

Rufus
04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Aeolwind, a couple questions if you don't mind.

First, why can't melees be bound in Arena? It's not like you have to create a "15 foot square" inside the zone - the whole zone is bindable, right? (unless maybe the actual PvP area is not bindable...)

Second, you didn't list Highpass in your list of bindable zones earlier. Can you bind in Highpass?

Finally, I wonder too about Surefall because I stared a Half Elf Ranger who would have normally been born in Surefall in classic EverQuest, but I started in Qeynos instead. So that sounds dubious as well.

Thanks for all your help.