PDA

View Full Version : Another duo question!

JayFiveAlive
04-11-2010, 12:54 PM
My buddy who is going to start playing once the server is back up will be doing an Ogre SK and I want to play something fun that can compliment him well.

I realize Ogre Shaman is probably the best option, but part of me doesn't want to play a Shaman since that was my main in live and I'd like to play something different.

Any suggestions on a good duo class? Would Ranger be any good or do they suck?

I thought about cleric, but clerics are just heal bots, shamans are just heal/slow bots... :C

Somekid123
04-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Ogre has -20% penalty and SK has -38%, your friend is gonna be leveling pretty slow. So maybe pick another hybrid so you dont level quite fast ahead of him?

JayFiveAlive
04-11-2010, 01:06 PM
That is sort of what I was thinking.. poor guy haha. Guess thats why I thought maybe Ranger, but if they aren't really ever wanted for raid/groups. I don't know if they are? It's been ages since I've played hehe. How is their damage compared to the other melee classes?

Bones
04-11-2010, 01:17 PM
That is sort of what I was thinking.. poor guy haha. Guess thats why I thought maybe Ranger, but if they aren't really ever wanted for raid/groups. I don't know if they are? It's been ages since I've played hehe. How is their damage compared to the other melee classes?

Their DPS is decent for raids.
However, no guild should be without a DT fodder/track bitch.

Bayleo
04-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Play whatever you want dude. Honestly, there are very few times where it's worth it to duo in classic. Take it from a monk/shm combo. At low lvls it is just tedious and overly risky. If he's a tank, bust out an enchanter or a cleric and you'll always have your major group components. The rest fills up quickly on this server. :cool:

JayFiveAlive
04-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Hmm, ok :) I will think it over. Thanks guys.

Slake
04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Shamans are more then a heal/slow bot. They work well with almost any class out there.

Come Kunark, they become amazing and never have a problem getting a group.

JayFiveAlive
04-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I know all about shaman :p that was my main. I got him to 65 before quitting.

Slake
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Cool. I took mine to 85 and still made a shaman here. I dont know why, but the ability to cast SoW is just too damn much to pass up.

Guess its just in my blood to buff/heal/slow. DPS is for wizzies and rump humpers imo.

JayFiveAlive
04-11-2010, 07:39 PM
I am always playing the healer/buffer, so I do want to try a diff class. Believe me, I am fighting my shaman instinct inside lol. I may end up just making one of those =/ They have damn good spells and are very good at stayingalive, buffing, etc.

Malavan
04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
are druids useful endgame on here as healers/buffers? or are they more of utility/"noraidspotsforyou"

Olorin
04-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Ogre has -20% penalty and SK has -38%, your friend is gonna be leveling pretty slow. So maybe pick another hybrid so you dont level quite fast ahead of him?

Ogre is 15% and SK is 40% -- overall penalty of 60%

Theres a crapload of druids, but if you dont wanna play shammy/cleric, its a good option as well.

You might also consider a bard ....

JayFiveAlive
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Bard isn't a bad choice either... I will consider Bard or Ranger I think ;) Bards probably have a lot more groupability and soloability.