PDA

View Full Version : Will Kunark effect the Economy of our P1999

Vangorr_WAR
04-11-2010, 07:05 AM
How bad you think kunark will effect Economy on P1999???
Do you think prices will go under considering all the sweet ass loot???

Its sure gonna suck when you can't sell your bronze armor and your Obsidian shards etc when theres better

Uaellaen
04-11-2010, 07:21 AM
lol of course prices of current items will fall drasticly ...

Vangorr_WAR
04-11-2010, 07:22 AM
I was really wanting to be wrong on that tho =/ sigh

Lill-Leif
04-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Both Kunark and Velious will of course affect the economy but if I remember right inflation wasn't as catastrophic in classic as in the later expansions..

Spud
04-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I was really wanting to be wrong on that tho =/ sigh

Kunark probably wont be out for another 6 months or so, by then i doubt you will be needing the money from bronze armor and obsidian shards :)

Zordana
04-11-2010, 09:39 AM
*facepalm*

Axel Diaz
04-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Spud, I sure hope so - I need to kill Vox and Nagafen before Kunark comes out.

fastboy21
04-11-2010, 10:39 AM
i don't see why people are "sad" about this obvious fact...kunark, when released, will change the market over night.

ssoy stop being the best weapon around...caster gear totally changes...melee gear totally changes...etc.

there will be some oldies from classic that remain in very high demand, but overall these currently overpriced items will become very cheap.

its actually probably easier to make a list of items from classic that are still useful in mid to high kunark.

it isn't a bad thing...newbies seeking plat will just have to go to the "bronze and obsidian shard" equivalents on kunark...which there are actually much more. I recall farming loot to be very easy during kunark. lots of mobs in places people don't rlly go...lots of good loot to get if you just plunk the time into camping.

Dac321
04-11-2010, 10:44 AM
It won't effect it negatively in my opinion. It will allow newer players or alts to have good gear at lower levels. All in all, I think it will be a positive outcome.

Droxx
04-11-2010, 10:56 AM
You'll have to factor in inflation. EQ has limitless plat. Mobs don't stop dropping loot or money. The longer the server is up, the more plat there is on the server. Theoretically, the prices of items should go up over time. By the same thing, some items are limitless as well.

Pikle
04-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Yeah it' snot a negative thing. you could get a yak for 2k after kunark comes out. Honestly It opens the economy up and gives you way more options for twinking for the same amount of money essentially. Right now 10k won't get you that far when twinking or gearing out a friend warrior, but come kunark that will get you a bunch of sweet loot.

Loke
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't understand the question. Are you worried about mudflation because of new items? Inflation because of excess/unlimited platinum supply and lack of an adequate system to lower the available money supply? Or...

Of course new products/services will effect an economy, but I don't see that being a negative thing. I would be less worried about new Kunark items and more worried about money supply issues that may cause inflation... although all that will do will mean that people too lazy to farm and what not won't be able to afford good items.. so whatever.

fastboy21
04-12-2010, 05:27 AM
You'll have to factor in inflation. EQ has limitless plat. Mobs don't stop dropping loot or money. The longer the server is up, the more plat there is on the server. Theoretically, the prices of items should go up over time. By the same thing, some items are limitless as well.

Not true. Well, the limitless plat thing is true, excluding expendables...but the constantly rising prices is not true.

FBSS currently costs about 10k to 14k. SSOY currently costs about 10k.

These items will be significantly cheaper once Kunark gets into full swing. I'd expect FBSS to get cut in half to about 4-5k, and SSOY to go as low as 1-2k.

Why? Few reasons:
1. There is better gear available for the same slots in Kunark.
2. There will be fewer people spending time "locking down" old lvl50 zone camps (like lguk). Lvl 60s will be able to camp lguk easily making these items easier to access for lower tier players.
3. The population of players looking for those items and the type of player looking for those items will change. Percent of mains needing an FBSS will decrease and the percentage of mains that are casual players increase that need an FBSS the price will start to drop.

Prices of any given item can go up or down over time in an EQ economy...it is easy to predict for the most part. This is especially true because every player here (for the most part) already KNOWS that is coming out the day an expansion opens. Will be curious to see if the market of SSoY falls through the basement floor the last few months before Kunark release as players change the economy for reasons that we didn't know until AFTER (long after in some cases) Kunark was actually released.

Grento
04-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Start selling all of your items a couple months before kunark. If you know when the expansion is coming out then you really have no reason to have overstock :)

stormlord
04-12-2010, 09:15 AM
It won't effect it negatively in my opinion. It will allow newer players or alts to have good gear at lower levels. All in all, I think it will be a positive outcome.

This is a good thing too. If the rate of new players incoming to the server goes down at some point (maybe it already has), there will be less people to group with and new players will need every scrap of help they can find. Rate of incoming new players means people who're new to this server, summed up over a length of time (like 2 weeks). When the server first launched, there might have been a rush of 100 to 200 people the first 2 weeks. After that, I can't be sure, but it certainly wasn't 100 to 200 people like it was when it first booted up and accepted clients. Anytime there's a decline in the rate, new players are getting less quality in their playtime than previous players. You can imagine, especially in eq, this rate is important when there're several home cities that spread new players all across the world. It's important to keep it healthy so new players find groups/binds.

But don't think you can sit back and ignore new players because you think Kunark will somehow do all the work for you. It won't. Mudflation has always existed, but Kunark is not TSS or SOD (+ mercenaries). Kunark came when EQ was experiencing its best years. There was less reason at that point in time to give new players more tools to solo and level up more easily because there was a healthier number of them. Nonetheless, mudflation still existed, probably as incentive for ppl to buy Kunark. Old players still have to keep helping new players like they always have. My motto is never twink my own alts, but don't be afraid to twink someone else. I'm going further than that by playing low level alts full-time, but this motto alone is a good one for anyone to follow.

clacbec
04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
so what, fungi will skyrockets prices, manastones still good to pl in old world, economy by definition adapts, unless you wanna be afk / cash bot with your shit banked. Who cares but you and your clones.
G'

rioisk
04-12-2010, 10:47 AM
I think a major issue with P1999 is that players know what to expect in the future of the game. We know what items will be in Kunark so our economy will adapt in anticipation of the release.

I'll bet you the weeks before Kunark plat will be more valuable than old world items.

Can't wait to see epics-weapons awarded in the first day.

Omnimorph
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
There'll be a bunch of certain items for sale as people upgrade to kunark ones, these will be worth less, so yeah, it might be worth selling some of it. Some items will retain a decent amount due to what they are. Even with kunark haste items are fairly rare so fbss will still be 8k+, it will come to supply and demand as it always does.

Jade maces will be the new EBM :p they'll be selling for quite a bit 12k or so prolly.

Just wait and see.

guineapig
04-12-2010, 11:06 AM
Short answer: yes

As do all other expansions

fastboy21
04-12-2010, 06:49 PM
you have to remember that kunark not only injected much better gear into the game, but also that most of the low-end kunark items are better then high-end classic items.

this means that pugs in kunark will routinely walk away from their camps with lots of very good items.

in other words, it isn't just that they replace most classic items...but that they replace classic items with COMMON items.

Common items, no matter how good or how much better than their classic counterparts, will be cheap (eventually).

Jade mace is an interesting example...and I may not remember the rarity on it enough to speak certainly...but I recall Jade mace being campable with a mediocre pick up group from KC entrance...it was rare, but compared to classic gear of comparative quality much much easier to obtain.