PDA

View Full Version : how far will the expansions go?

alsa
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I was so happy to found project 1999 after saying goodbye to everquest Erollisi Marr server since early 2003. I would love to re-live the early everquest experience again, those were some best of my gaming memories.

Before I start, I was just wondering. Will this server stop putting out new expansions to keep the "classic" feel? If that's the case, do we have any idea at which expansion will be the last?

If this information is already posted, I am sorry for this post. I am so excited that my finger doesn't work anymore!

Thanks.

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 09:34 PM
its planned to go up to velious as of now ... but thats basicly years away ... since the devs will try to follow the original timeline

alsa
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Thank you. Velious for me is the last "good" expansion. It will take me years to get to level 50. So all sounds good!

Audacious93c
04-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Yea, Velious is the planned stopping point. After Velious is out, your guess is as good as mine for how long the server will stay around. That is if the majority decision isnt to reset the server, or go forward with Luclin. (which a majority of people here say is the beginning fall of EQ and I concur)

Though, what is awesome is that the Devs implement items that were deemed "OP" and you can get them for a set period of time. Ie. Moss Covered twig, Manastone etc.

Edit: It took me a while to get 50 the first time around too. However... This time around, not so much haha ;)

Swindle
04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Welcome! Always nice to see another EMARR player from back in the day.

alsa
04-10-2010, 09:55 PM
I don't expect anyone to know me, but back on emarr my name was "maii" in the guild "clan autumnwood" with the fearless guild leader aaedias.

Memories!

Elendae
04-10-2010, 10:19 PM
2-3 years of EQ the way it was meant to be. Couldn't be more excited.

Swindle
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
I remember CA. I played a DE Enchanter named Swindle.