PDA

View Full Version : New player with a few questions

JxP
04-10-2010, 04:25 PM
Hello,

I haven't actually been able to log in yet due to the server issues, but I am doing a bit of research now so I will be all set when the server is back online.

I did read over over the stickies, but I didn't see the answers to these questions specifically. The main reason for this post is to say hello, and also to help me decide what type of character to play :)

1. Is meditate restricted to the staring at the spell book?
2. Is mana/HP regen at the same level as original vanilla EQ?
3. The only fast travel options are from players (ports, sow, etc)?
4. Death penalties are set to original vanilla EQ also? (corpse runs, xp penalty)
5. Are the character models Luclin based or original?
6. What is the duration of Clarity? Are all buffs set at the same durations as original?

Those are the important questions, I am leaning towards a support class such as Shaman or Cleric. I enjoy grouping, but I like to do a bit of soloing too, so that complicates the decision.

Finawin
04-10-2010, 04:26 PM
1. No
2. Should be
3. Yes (and the translocators in place of the boats, but they're on a timer...so close to the time it took boats)
4. Yes
5. Original, luclin is forced off.

JxP
04-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Awesome, the only thing I was hoping would be gone was the staring at the spell book thing.

Ektar
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Why'd you leave off 6, fin buddy? clarity is 25ish min or whatever. All buffs are original duration (or I assume so I don't remember super duper crystally clear).

Ektar
04-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Awesome, the only thing I was hoping would be gone was the staring at the spell book thing.

I go around testing casters that are sitting by running a train by. If he reacts, I know he's not staring at his spell book, and I let the train kill him. If he sits still, I run the train away and he lives in blissful ignorance. BE WARNED

not really.

Hasbinbad
I think translocators offer much faster travel than the boats originally did, but it's still an annoyance to have to use them, and much better to buy a port from a druid/wizard.

Finawin
Why'd you leave off 6, fin buddy? clarity is 25ish min or whatever. All buffs are original duration (or I assume so I don't remember super duper crystally clear).

Lol there was no 6! He edited it in.

Ektar
04-10-2010, 04:37 PM
that CHEATOR

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Why'd you leave off 6, fin buddy? clarity is 25ish min or whatever.

29 Minutes @ lvl 50... i know this .. im a cleric .. its my LIFE ELIXIER!!

President
04-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I think translocators offer much faster travel than the boats originally did, but it's still an annoyance to have to use them, and much better to buy a port from a druid/wizard.

I feel like I remember the boat in OOT originally taking about 45 minutes. At some point it got sped up, pre-kunark I believe but I'm not sure how much before.

Uaellaen
04-11-2010, 01:55 AM
I feel like I remember the boat in OOT originally taking about 45 minutes.

i think that is actualy true, but at that time, it was also still possible to cast sow on the boats :p

Malavan
04-11-2010, 02:07 AM
I seem to remember it being more like 20 minutes, because for a while right after the game came out, I seemed to use it a bunch. If it'd been 45 minutes, I dont think I would have been able to ride...my computer didn't like EQ running for that long without a reload of the game.

I always loved to hear that comp kick over to virtual memory with the hard drive whirring away