PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Crashing from Checking Inventory/Looting Bodies

AnonSubHuman
11-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Approximately two patches ago, I started to encounter crashes when either opening my inventory, opening a trade, finishing a trade, or looting a body. It can happen as many as three or four times in the span of a two hour playing session.

Amirite
11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
custom ui?

AnonSubHuman
11-30-2011, 11:26 AM
That is a possible cause, but I switched to my custom UI quite sometime ago, and this consistent crashing trying to access inventory happened within the last four weeks.

DoucLangur
11-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I have a very similar problem, only in my case it is the standard (velious) UI, only modifications made are of course the window sizes and positions, and it has not started recently, I just roll with it.

I crash a lot upon opening inventory or trade windows, and basically never while in xp groups where a crash would be "dangerous".

It was extremely bad once with crashes within 3-5 seconds of logging in on my necro while MQing Jboots with my own account. I crashed 15-20 times in the course of 30-50 minutes. Since this ONLY occured on the necro, while the shaman in the same zone, same spot even, was running perfectly stable, I ended up copying the shaman UI files over the necro ones, and readjusting the necro UI. The crashes were back to "normal" from that point.

So I think it is some glitch in the Titanium Client regarding UI rendering.

Regards

Slozem

Uthgaard
11-30-2011, 10:24 PM
If it's consistently happening on the same character and not others, you have something stuck in your first trade slot or a duplicate lore phantom on your cursor (commonly caused by the paineel key). #peekinv would show it, but the easy fix is to get someone else to initiate a trade with you and hit cancel.