PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Fix jousting

gloinz
11-30-2011, 01:38 AM
Currently you can hit someone in a circle all around you effectively elminating jousting. Make it so you have to see to hit your target again. Lot more skill + more fun compared to what it is now.

Silikten
11-30-2011, 01:43 AM
pvp champ not so pvp champ

Softcore PK
11-30-2011, 01:45 AM
OP clearly never pvped on live.

gloinz
11-30-2011, 11:41 AM
OP clearly never pvped on live.

was like 15 years ago i dont remeber how it was after 6 box rehashes with using this as an element (and lots of drugs), but i do know this as an element was A+++ more fun because it is more skill + makes jousting a lot more effective
even so the "cannot see target" was originally apart of the box until it was changed for "classic" yet we are so far from classic with the resist system among other things that it isn't a good reason to take this out since it only serves to add to the pvp game.

currently the only way to get your enemy to miss in jousting is some serious pvp champ skill, but even so the enemy can score hits way ez.

Kain
11-30-2011, 05:41 PM
I heard this was implemented due to large/small race target radius balance issues.

I recall getting a nice joust hit in and quickly going out of view behind the person. Smooth. Then I got hit while he was facing the other way. :(

I still recall offensive magic not working if you finished the cast and the person was behind you. Though I know pure casters would absolutely hate this in pvp though.