PDA

View Full Version : Server reset?

Olorin
04-10-2010, 02:30 AM
I am sure everyone but me will hate this idea --

But, with the influx of new people (especially from the TTH article), the fixing of overpowered crap from the october release (charm for example), and new servers, Datacenters, it would be awesome to have a complete do over :)

Let those of use who didnt here about it till february have a shot :)

/em dons flame retardant suit

trolleleet
04-10-2010, 02:35 AM
If <IB> isnt allowed to play on the server then gladly

Hasbinbad
04-10-2010, 02:58 AM

But, with the influx of new people (especially from the TTH article), the fixing of overpowered crap from the october release (charm for example), and new servers, Datacenters, it would be awesome to have a complete do over :)

http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/talk.gif

VincentVolaju
04-10-2010, 03:02 AM
I like the idea, im all for it. Granted I am only level 9 =P But it be great for everyone to be lowbies, we would have lots of groups thats for sure heh

Mezzimus
04-10-2010, 03:26 AM
us*
hear*

Fraud
04-10-2010, 03:31 AM
I'm not against this, but i bet many are.

President
04-10-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm sure most of the high level regular posters are just ignoring this because its a pretty horrid idea but... It might be fine for those of you who have spent a couple weeks playing, but for those of us who spent months getting their characters to 50 this is not an idea that would fly.

Sadface
04-10-2010, 04:01 AM
The least you could do is give people the opportunity to acquire must have items like DE mask (shrink potion is only other option for fatties and they are upwards of 250pp per).

The wipe idea is stupid though. That is part of the reason why vztz is dead.

Ektar
04-10-2010, 04:04 AM
That's just stupid though. I mean, look at your reasons.

with the influx of new people (especially from the TTH article)

"Hey guyz there're new people joining so I think we should all start over"

2 months later...

2 months later...

you get it.

the fixing of overpowered crap from the october release (charm for example)

What? You want them to rollback all the bug fixes so you get a shot with them? You want the trade bug to come back, too? How about when all the quests they fixed didn't work?

And yeah, I figure you mean "get a shot" as "equal experience" as far as displaced timeline of play goes, but that's just sillier. Let me revisit an old example of mine for both these scenarios.

2 months later...

2 months later...

you get it.

new servers, Datacenters

...whaaaat does that have to do with ANYthing?

And no, just because you said that does not make you an innocent victim and me the bad guy.

Humerox
04-10-2010, 04:16 AM

This is the only part of your post I agree with.

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 04:59 AM
The least you could do is give people the opportunity to acquire must have items like DE mask

2 months later...

2 months later...

nuff sayd

Dabamf
04-10-2010, 05:19 AM
I for one think this is a grand, completely original idea that has never been proposed before.

Ektar
04-10-2010, 05:37 AM
nuff sayd

lol I was gonna do that one too, but then I put myself in the place and remembered my plight and gripe for missing the DE mask and felt bad :( but yes same thing applies!

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 05:47 AM
wellllll since im a DE the mask can go F it self :p

Olorin
04-10-2010, 06:31 PM
That's just stupid though. I mean, look at your reasons.

2 months later...

2 months later...

you get it.

What? You want them to rollback all the bug fixes so you get a shot with them? You want the trade bug to come back, too? How about when all the quests they fixed didn't work?

And yeah, I figure you mean "get a shot" as "equal experience" as far as displaced timeline of play goes, but that's just sillier. Let me revisit an old example of mine for both these scenarios.

2 months later...

2 months later...

you get it.

...whaaaat does that have to do with ANYthing?

And no, just because you said that does not make you an innocent victim and me the bad guy.

Oh, i get it, you have nothing concrete, so you resort to name-calling and gross exxageration. Just to set the record straight, October to April is not 2 months, did you skip that year in elementary school? Maybe you just haven't gotten to that subject yet.

The facts are is that the economy is screwed up do to a duping bug, the server is actually down due to DDoS attacks. This makes it a great time to fix these issues completely.

With upgraded servers and an upgraded data center, It seems like a perfect time for a restart. The economy can be fixed, there are a huge amount of bug fixes in that makes it an even more classic experience than it was in October. You had your chance to start fresh on a new server, why not allow the rest of us that chance as well. There is a huge difference between starting fresh and playing were certain guilds have spawns locked down and level 50's owning lowbie zones pl'ing their twinks.

Give us all a chance to experience it all -- we deserve it.

Oh, and just so you know, my main is level 45, so I would lose quite a bit as well. I just happen to think it would be worth it to experience EQ the way it should be.

Alawen Everywhere
04-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Can someone elaborate on how the economy is now compromised? I generally farm items in the three hundred to five thousand platinum range and I've seen very little change in the prices of most items with the exception of there being some recent upward pressure on the price of FBSS. At the same time, there seems to have been downward price pressure on yaks, so this was a specific and not general trend that I could detect.

My understanding is that the stacking bug introduced a way to sell an item, buy it back for no cost and sell it again. My understanding is also that this particular exploit was easily tracked and in fact the development team was in several cases a little too strict and some accounts were reinstated after the initial bans. Finally, my understanding is that some major trades done with large amounts of exploited platinum were reversed.

From both perspectives, I see no obvious evidence that the P99 economy has been compromised. Overall, prices have been stable for the past 30-60 days and demand for items, especially mid-level gear, remains very high.

Finawin
04-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Terrible idea and would absolutely destroy the server population.

Wipes are extremely good ways to kill your community.

Hoggen
04-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Devs are planning a reset several months down the road, or haven't you heard? It's called Kunark: everyone will be rolling IKS monks and necros and all other characters will be forgotten...

Jeebus
04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
There is absolutely no good reason to do a wipe

Slake
04-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Terrible idea and would absolutely destroy the server population.

Wipes are extremely good ways to kill your community.

See above for the perfect explanation.

I started late (february), worked my ass off to get the gear i have, and joined an awesome guild that raids. Work for what you get. Stop asking for everything to be handed to you on a silver platter. This is vanilla EQ. As soon as Kunark comes out, and that could be 6+ months from now, everyone will be on the exact same level playing field.

I for one will have 3+ lvl 50 toons ready to go come Kunark release. It's not that hard of a game if you try.

Paok

vidurous
04-10-2010, 07:29 PM

Quit trolling

Ektar
04-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh, i get it, you have nothing concrete, so you resort to name-calling and gross exxageration. Just to set the record straight, October to April is not 2 months, did you skip that year in elementary school? Maybe you just haven't gotten to that subject yet.

The facts are is that the economy is screwed up do to a duping bug, the server is actually down due to DDoS attacks. This makes it a great time to fix these issues completely.

With upgraded servers and an upgraded data center, It seems like a perfect time for a restart. The economy can be fixed, there are a huge amount of bug fixes in that makes it an even more classic experience than it was in October. You had your chance to start fresh on a new server, why not allow the rest of us that chance as well. There is a huge difference between starting fresh and playing were certain guilds have spawns locked down and level 50's owning lowbie zones pl'ing their twinks.

Oh, and just so you know, my main is level 45, so I would lose quite a bit as well. I just happen to think it would be worth it to experience EQ the way it should be.

Oh my my, I see I'm going to have fun with this one. Let's break it down, now!

Oh, i get it, you have nothing concrete

Everything I said was conrete. I just said it in a humorous style to lighten the blow of derailing the idea. Would you like it out of hypothetical? Hypothetical scenarios are usually the easier way to understand a concept; but I will appease you. The only two reasons you gave that made sense in anyway can be repeated at any time. At any time one can claim there are new people on the server; at any time a new bug fix can make one man's experience a tiny bit different from another. One cannot reset the server each time this happens. And no, you obviously don't have to do it each time - but why this time and not the next time? If anything, it sets a precedent for each new cast to call back upon.

so you resort to name-calling

Not once did I call you a name.

gross exxageration

There is an implicit difference between gross exaggeration and an exaggerated hypothetical scenario. Furthermore, my scenario is not that gross - on the contrary, as mentioned above, it is quite possible.

Just to set the record straight, October to April is not 2 months

Did I ever say October to April is 2 months? No. But June is 2 months after April! Then August! In MY examples, I was talking about June and August.

did you skip that year in elementary school? Maybe you just haven't gotten to that subject yet.

Heh. I would list my academic credentials to prove how much smarter I am than you are, but I don't think that's even necessary at this point. Just wait - there's more coming!

I do appreciate the fact you used some sort of information to conclude another. However, the economy is not screwed up due to the duping bug. As has been said earlier in this thread, the higher ups have handled most of the damage dealt by this bug.

Furthermore, you do realize that money, almost literally, grows on trees, right? I can visit Guk and walk out of there, in one night, with 30k+ worth of items. Then, I sell them for plat that people collected by killing creatures that spawn every 22-28 minutes that drop money each time, sometimes up to 25 plat a pop (black pearl, FS weap, let's say). Named mobs also drop more expensive items - that just came from nowhere!
Anyone that exploited this bug to the point it actually dents such an economy's structure has been identified and dealt with.

the server is actually down due to DDoS attacks. This makes it a great time to fix these issues completely.

Noooo it doesn't. That's merely looking for a best-fit opportune time to implement such a change, and that's only presupposing the idea is a given. Since it's an awful idea, it is not presupposed the idea is given. We are missing a premise. The idea is flawed.

With upgraded servers and an upgraded data center, It seems like a perfect time for a restart.

Same exact thing as above.

The economy can be fixed, there are a huge amount of bug fixes in that makes it an even more classic experience than it was in October.

Please see above points: the economy is not broken, and we cannot reset the server after a set of bugs are corrected.

If the timeframe of Oct-Apr was enough time to warrant a server reset, it's not a stretch of any logic to assume it will be ready for a reset in the same amount of time again.

We haven't even reached Kunark yet. So, basically, we'll be in perpetual post-solro classic. If by the grace of god we make it to kunark, what are the chances of velious? slim, if there are any at all.

You had your chance to start fresh on a new server, why not allow the rest of us that chance as well. There is a huge difference between starting fresh and playing were certain guilds have spawns locked down and level 50's owning lowbie zones pl'ing their twinks.

Please see above rebuttal, and the previous one if you need. So sorry you weren't part of the first wave - REALLY I am - but not everyone can be first. That kinda breaks the definition of the word.

Oh, and just so you know, my main is level 45, so I would lose quite a bit as well.

Yeah, whatev =p. I won't even touch this one because it's too subjective.

I just happen to think it would be worth it to experience EQ the way it should be.

And I do, as well! Welcome to p99! THE WAY EQ SHOULD BE!

Audacious93c
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Just to add:

Platinum means little to nothing at level 46-50.

Most of us do not want to journey to 50 again, farm stuff we've already done again etc.

mudvayne1812
04-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Nah bro whats the point of 50? Lets just make the server cap 49 and if you ever ding to 50 your character auto delevels to 1 again. It's genius! Imagine the good it will do for all the lowbies! With that active of a low level range of characters we can grow this server to a population of 5000+ in no time!

/fistpump

Audacious93c
04-10-2010, 09:15 PM
You know it Kad! /fistpump

Elendae
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Every idea I've read on this forum has been awful. I didn't get any rubicite, or guise, or jboots, and I still think this is a terrible suggestion.

Jogun
04-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Reseting the server makes no sense and my toon is level 16 which means I would benefit from it.

What would be fun to see is a second server coming up fresh at the same time Kunark is released on p99. On that second new server have both the original & Kunark come up together. I would love to see how that would pan out... (yes, I know there are many barriers since this is a free project, though I still would love to play on that server.)

Hasbinbad
04-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh my my, I see I'm going to have fun with this one. Let's break it down, now! ... And I do, as well! Welcome to p99! THE WAY EQ SHOULD BE!
Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

http://wirereasons.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/star-wars-emperor1.jpg

mitic
04-11-2010, 02:58 PM
less talking, more polls imo

there have been "beneficial" bugs at start and there was duping. iam not completely for a wipe but a poll would give everyone a chance to vote besides those ~10 forumwarriors here

costs nothing

imij
04-11-2010, 03:02 PM
If a server reset ever happened, id farm Manastone's till its removal just to spite all of those suggesting this.

Even breeding everquest childrens to occupy jboots/guise camps isn't out of the question.

-Acarer

YendorLootmonkey
04-11-2010, 03:23 PM
What is the point of investing time on this server if there would always be a threat of a server restart/wipe if a bunch of people on the forums banded together and started demanding it? Not that there's a whole lot of point investing time for digital 1's and 0's anyway, but that's not the point here. :)

Icecometus
04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't think a wipe is a option now but a additional server is not a bad idea. I like starting over when everyone is in the same boat. I have worked hard on my current character but I would seriously consider starting over on a new server if it was a option.

Prospect
04-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I support a server wipe 100%; but then again, you'll just hear all the elitist level 50s/guilds whine so it will probably never happen.

Nedala
04-11-2010, 06:54 PM
lol lame idea. Of course id rage if i were a lvl 50 who spent much time in his char.

Im only lvl 22 but think server reset is a bad idea anyway.

Ektar
04-11-2010, 07:03 PM
A joke has been made within the past 4 posts. For the saker of the jokor, I am pointing it out for appreciation purposes.

Jify
04-11-2010, 07:10 PM
less talking, more polls imo

there have been "beneficial" bugs at start and there was duping. iam not completely for a wipe but a poll would give everyone a chance to vote besides those ~10 forumwarriors here

costs nothing

For every beneficial bug there were 10 "I-hate-my-life" bugs.

The most frustrating being:
Disappearing trade loot.
Deaths while zoning (I level from like 8 to 17 without any gear because I lost my corpse)
Player specific roll backs (due to some of the beneficial quest bugs, some resulted in wrist slapper, some in banning)
100 population cap on server
Multiple buggy raids (MM I WILL GET YOU!)
Quests not working (despite camping items for multiple hours)

But yup... heh. I'd be up for a wipe after Velious. ;D

mudvayne1812
04-11-2010, 07:14 PM

Disappearing trade loot.
Deaths while zoning (I level from like 8 to 17 without any gear because I lost my corpse)
Player specific roll backs (due to some of the beneficial quest bugs, some resulted in wrist slapper, some in banning)

I agree with Jify. I'm fine with a wipe after the server has run its course, hit velious for a good many months, and we're mostly all fine with a reset. Before then tho? Nah, that is just silly. I started the server a good bit later than most, but *shrug* thats the way of things. Who cares? I'm still enjoying myself and would still be pretty disappointing losing all my crap thus far.

Putrid
04-11-2010, 07:41 PM
FIXING OF OP CRAP?!?!?! you serious?!? Kunark son KUNARK, will fix your nervous disappointment for not obtaining any of those items... so CHILL cant even use mana stone in kunark, even if u had one, gainin a item that is no longer implemented isnt really that big of a deal, i got box of abukar? OH SHIT OMG I SOO GOT THE CLASSIC EXPERIENCE NOW!!!!!! no...stop.....classic experience to my knowledge is, everything but gettin those items, tough luck man shouldve join earlier i joined week after it booted up, didnt get manastone, charm, or RBP, i aint complainin

Ektar
04-11-2010, 08:29 PM

Disappearing trade loot.

How about sola being the only place to level, and if you accidentally zoned to solb you warped to the middle of the zone and lost your corpse? heeheeee good times!

Jify
04-11-2010, 09:10 PM
How about sola being the only place to level, and if you accidentally zoned to solb you warped to the middle of the zone and lost your corpse? heeheeee good times!

Solb? Bah. I went from lvl 34 to 43 in Freeport. Then like 43-44 in sola, then back to Freeport till 50! More or less.

Almost ally faction with the Pallies on my DE Inny worshiping mage! What up!

Ektar
04-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I shoulda used my overpowered ability of pressing a button and get exp off something I can only now kill decked out in basically everything classic has to offer - damn why didn't I think of that :(

Audacious93c
04-12-2010, 12:01 AM
We also went 40 miles up hill in 15 foot tall snow drifts to get to school and when we came home, it was torrential rains with 30 foot high waves rushing at us! We had to run as fast as we could so we wouldnt drown! Ahhh the good ol' days!.......................

Fraud
04-12-2010, 12:03 AM
We also went 40 miles up hill in 15 foot tall snow drifts to get to school and when we came home, it was torrential rains with 30 foot high waves rushing at us! We had to run as fast as we could so we wouldnt drown! Ahhh the good ol' days!.......................

what, not even barefoot? pfft...

Bones
04-12-2010, 12:17 AM
I shoulda used my overpowered ability of pressing a button and get exp off something I can only now kill decked out in basically everything classic has to offer - damn why didn't I think of that :(

Gotta love that fire pet

Sadface
04-12-2010, 12:33 AM
I just think it was kind of a dick move to remove DE mask all of a sudden when the server started gaining people, especially when it didn't follow the timeline
(rubi bp, manastone, de mask all at once).

Giving Ogres/trolls an opportunity to attain them would be nice. If only for a week.

Nen
04-12-2010, 12:38 AM

Dude, if you don't want to play on the server because you require everyone else to start on a blank slate in order for you to feel competitive, go somewhere else. I'm only level 30, and it wouldn't crush me to start over, but who do you think you are to suggest that everyone re-roll so you feel comfortable playing? Lazy people like you irritate me.

Wipes are not good for the integrity of servers. A ton of people that have been around here a lot longer than you or I would pick up their crap and leave.

So I guess what I'm saying is: Go eff yourself, ya selfish asshole.

Nen
04-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Admins should nuke wipe threads IMO. Most of the time it's just people trolling and these kinds of threads do nothing but irritate the player base. If you're too lazy to catch up on a Classic server you shouldn't even be here anyway.

Brad_mo123
04-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Well they have stated that the very most likely outcome after velious is released is a new classic server. You will get your chance then to relive the things you missed when this server opened, will have many less bugs and more working quest etc. becuase the dev are more experienced now with the project. I for one hope there will be a fully classic/velious ui, like let us beable to use the client that was out when velious came out, to me the classic client would be better but too many hate the face planted in the spellbook and the viewport :p but i loved it

Ektar
04-12-2010, 01:37 AM
I just think it was kind of a dick move to remove DE mask all of a sudden when the server started gaining people, especially when it didn't follow the timeline

Giving Ogres/trolls an opportunity to attain them would be nice. If only for a week.

They gave like a 3 week warning - at least. I was shocked they even gave a warning. I'm pretty sure it didn't follow the timeline because they actually fudged the removals in the direction of extension because of the understanding of how important those things are to people. And for their mission statement being to follow classic as closely as they can.. damn, that's nice of 'em.

Like the case of the OP, the world does not revolve around you. Sorry! If you realized the world didn't revolve around you in time, maybe you'd have checked the patch notes and read the warning given just about a month in advance of its removal.

Macroz
04-12-2010, 03:31 AM
This thread is fail.
The idea of a server wipe is fail.
The Idea of a new server is also fail.

Me using fail five times in the same post is also fail.

clacbec
04-12-2010, 10:20 AM
ditto
/win

mixxit
04-12-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm not starting again

Omnimorph
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
This thread is fail.
The idea of a server wipe is fail.
The Idea of a new server is also fail.

Me using fail five times in the same post is also fail.

... this boggles me... you count the use of fail without using it until the end where you use it the fifth time. Prempting the use of fail is most certainly fail!

Dabamf
04-12-2010, 11:49 AM
It's the fact that he voluntarily chose to fail when he could have avoided failing that was indeed the real fail.

fail fail

Prospect
04-12-2010, 01:14 PM

I actually agree with this post; removing the masks/manastones/rubi was particularly a mistake that I feel will hinder a persons ability to fully enjoy this experience. Coming back to EQ after a prolonged hiatus for many is out of pure nostalgia; I feel that these items serve just that purpose and should continue to drop for everyone to enjoy (for old and new members alike!).

Olympia
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
A server reset would most likely create a giant poopsocking guild "worse" than IB. You bet your bottom dollar my duffle bag would be full...of...shit. My cup of tears would be overflowing.

jilena
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I am indifferent as far as my personal time is concerned. I can get to 50 on a fresh server in a matter of a few weeks and my current 50 isn't geared. So it would only be a minor annoyance for me to start over after only a month and some change invested in my current chars. I started too late to pick up rubi and a manastone, and not having a manastone makes being a res bitch a whore. Sure having one would make me a bit less likely to tell people to go fuck themselves when they ask for a res... But I'll live.

That said I have the feeling that a good number of people (mostly those who are not yet 50 imo) will quit if they suddenly have to again spend the three months it took them to level to 40. Most people value their time, and play MMORPGs for a persistant experience, not a constantly levelled playing ground. *shrug*

A new server post kunark or velious might be fun I guess. Though I mostly think it would just drain away a nice chunk of the current p99 crowd, then you'd have 2 underpopulated servers, people getting bored faster, and quitting faster. At least that is what I see happening.

mitic
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
A new server post kunark or velious might be fun I guess. Though I mostly think it would just drain away a nice chunk of the current p99 crowd, then you'd have 2 underpopulated servers, people getting bored faster, and quitting faster. At least that is what I see happening.

i would see this happening too. 2 servers wont help except another PVP server released by rogean

Ektar
04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
I actually agree with this post; removing the masks/manastones/rubi was particularly a mistake that I feel will hinder a persons ability to fully enjoy this experience. Coming back to EQ after a prolonged hiatus for many is out of pure nostalgia; I feel that these items serve just that purpose and should continue to drop for everyone to enjoy (for old and new members alike!).

It's the removal that makes it special. I quested straight for the DE mask as soon as I began playing. I was afraid it'd be taken out (even though it took like another 4 months =p). Then I got it I was like lookit I'm badass. Got a manastone lookit I'm badass.

Then EVERYONE had a DE mask and manastone. How special was I? not very. LOOKIE I'M A DARK ELF so was everyone else. Didn't make me destroy the mask or anything, but...
And now that more of you fuckers are getting amulets of necropotence? it is becoming less special; and it is in the specialness that makes the items worth while.

Furthermore, once again, this server is project 1999; not project nostalgia. It serves its own purpose to serve us - it does not serve us directly.

nalkin
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Ive got a 49 mage and I have a DE mask. Im pretty neutral about a server wipe personally. I wouldn't really care whether we decided to do a server wipe or not, in fact I may be a tad in favor of doing one. I doubt it would happen though, everyone that is geared out would be way to upset probably. Either way it goes, I will be content.

Isildur
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Neh-krop-ö-tence, right Ektar?!

mitic
04-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Ive got a 49 mage and I have a DE mask. Im pretty neutral about a server wipe personally. I wouldn't really care whether we decided to do a server wipe or not, in fact I may be a tad in favor of doing one. I doubt it would happen though, everyone that is geared out would be way to upset probably. Either way it goes, I will be content.

i see it the same way as you and gear (except some planar, sky quest stuff comes to mind) will be obsolete the moment kunark is released

so /shrug.... a poll might help to stop all those threads about a wipe...

Ektar
04-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Yes you're right. kunark will make things obsolete so we should never come out with kunark. lol @ you.

A poll will not solve anything because a wipe isn't an idea being considered. Just cuz someone brought it up doesn't make it an actual option.

Hey I srsly think we should have an option to buy kittens and have them follow us around as pets. Kittens proc mez (cuz they're adorable). They increase with your level and proc higher level mezzes at higher proc rates.

Let's have a poll to see if enough people like this idea for it to be implemented.

Let's also have a poll if we should change Freeport to Hardcoreport - officially.
How about we also have a poll to change all green colors to red, and red colors to blue. Blue colors will either stay the same, or change to red or green.
Let's make a poll how many people understand my point and how many are too blunt to see beyond themselves.

"I understand" : QFT
"I'm not very sharp" : "I disagree with you for reasons a, b, and c."

mitic
04-12-2010, 04:18 PM
looks like someone is scared about the outcome of a wipe poll :D

imij
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
looks like someone is scared about the outcome of a wipe poll

You're an idiot.

mitic
04-12-2010, 04:34 PM
You're an idiot.

elaborate

Ektar
04-12-2010, 05:12 PM
looks like someone is scared about the outcome of a wipe poll :D

looks like someone is scared of a kitten pet poll.

You're an idiot.
elaborate

Elaboration: While more directly insolent than my usual route, he who sees beyond his own face realizes my point and states that you obviously do not.

mitic
04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
a very smart or just vacuous answer since u dont have any arguments left

ill go for the second option

Prospect
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
EKTAR

While I do agree with you I am just merely stating that casual players will not get to experience these items and I find it a bit disheartening. Items such as Rubi and manastones can be bought, yes however the DE mask should have remained in its pre-nerf form. Not everyone will be on the same playing field, I understand that but what harm would it really cause to hardcore/dedicated people if everyone got to run around as a DE (the novelty of such items are short lived anyway) for awhile and live out their dream of having that Guise.

YendorLootmonkey
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Other people getting the good shit before it gets nerfed and you never getting to experience having those items is part of Classic.

Ektar
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Other people getting the good shit before it gets nerfed and you never getting to experience having those items is part of Classic.

Yes this is essentially it. It won't hurt me at all for them to get DE masks! In fact, if I could, I would hand them out in freeport to anyone that hailed me. Me having this ability, of course, undermines the base fact - this is p99: classic server; not p99: nostalgia server.

Heebee
04-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Please reset Ektar! ;)

Thanks!

Ektar
04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
a very smart or just vacuous answer since u dont have any arguments left

So let me attack this on multiple levels.

What, exactly, was I supposed to be arguing? I was elaborating on the comment you wished to be elaborated. There was no need, nor room, for an argument.

Let's say I am out of arguments. Well sure, cuz I am. I gave my single argument, and that's all that's needed. Once you make a flawed counter-argument (I know it'll be flawed because there is no sound way to argue against it), I will form a new argument based on your invented premises in order to debunk them.

and yeah, it was just very smart. Cuz. that's what I am.

Ektar
04-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Please reset Ektar! ;)

Thanks!

Hey pal. If they reset me I will lose all my remaining bars of ronium!

Heebee
04-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Hey pal. If they reset me I will lose all my remaining bars of ronium!

:D

jilena
04-12-2010, 11:37 PM
In this thread: Paladins.

Sigh.

Drubu
04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
don't call me "pal" friend

Omnimorph
04-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Lol, let's play server reset chicken. I don't mind a reset ... do you? *dun dun duuuuun*

mitic
04-13-2010, 07:38 AM
(lots of text)
I gave my single argument, and that's all that's needed.
(some more text)

was it this:

A poll will not solve anything because a wipe isn't an idea being considered. Just cuz someone brought it up doesn't make it an actual option.

or this post:

Elaboration: While more directly insolent than my usual route, he who sees beyond his own face realizes my point and states that you obviously do not.

havent found anything better in your lasts posts to be considered as argument.

so, throw in something to invalidate a poll or, with all respect, stfu :)

Flange
04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
I have to admit that the idea of a server wipe or a second classic server sounds great to me and i have a 50 mage, 20 Ranger (yes ranger!) etc.

I know that there are a ton of new people that would love to experience the thrill of those first couple of weeks like we were blessed to enjoy

You people keep going on about that dumb as dark elf mask, WTF!

My first backpack was fucking cool as hell.

Blanket rejection of the idea seems short sighted.

Put up a poll!

stormlord
04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I have to admit that the idea of a server wipe or a second classic server sounds great to me and i have a 50 mage, 20 Ranger (yes ranger!) etc.

I know that there are a ton of new people that would love to experience the thrill of those first couple of weeks like we were blessed to enjoy

You people keep going on about that dumb as dark elf mask, WTF!

My first backpack was fucking cool as hell.

Blanket rejection of the idea seems short sighted.

Put up a poll!

I agree. I bought my level 5 spell and peed my pants. Who needs a DE mask? WTF is that. Whatever.

Don't tell me what it is. I don't care. Zip. At all.

JaVeDK
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
If the population ever gets to +1.2k people online at peak hours, I'd be all for creating a new server that starts from scratch. Until then though, I think it's a bad idea for the various reasons mentioned here, first among those being that it might make people quit, due to them feeling that all their hard work had been for naught.

I'm only lvl 32 btw with no other characters, Manastone, DE mask or Rubi armor.

jilena
04-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Listen you whiny bitches. I am a 50 cleric. I refuse to be one of the bastards that's anon on their level 27 Paladin because...err..I dunno why paladins go anon... Anyway... I am never anon. So I get lots of res tells. I don't have a manastone. Res costs 700 mana per cast. That's a lot of medding. F your DE mask.

Thx.

atvaata
04-13-2010, 03:17 PM

stfu and welcome to eq.

a wipe would be the most idiotic idea ever and im sure the gm's are rolling at even the thought of it.

JaVeDK
04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Listen you whiny bitches. I am a 50 cleric. I refuse to be one of the bastards that's anon on their level 27 Paladin because...err..I dunno why paladins go anon... Anyway... I am never anon. So I get lots of res tells. I don't have a manastone. Res costs 700 mana per cast. That's a lot of medding. F your DE mask.

Thx.

I find it funny that you would post that now, since no one have been "bitching" about anything since your last few posts. You must be really bored, or perhaps this is just you trying to up your post count to become one of the cool kids...

atvaata
04-14-2010, 12:06 AM
jilena is already one of the cool kids.