PDA

View Full Version : What changes for a Cleric in Kunark?

VincentVolaju
04-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Im leveling a Cleric now, well was ... but I am wondering what changes happen for Clerics when Kunark comes around? Im sure itll take me months to get to 50 so hopefully Ill be there by the time Kunark is released but, how different will it be for me? Do any mechanics of the game change for Cleric? Is it still just Complete Heal spam? Any new spells?

Thanks!!!

Hasbinbad
04-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Sarnak Battle Shield! (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1131)

mudvayne1812
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah, that about sums it up

Finawin
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Cleric epic clicking mid-raid rather than wasting mana.

VincentVolaju
04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Lmao ... a new shield? Sweet I cant wait for Kunark!!! lol >_>

Is that supposed to be a pretty insane shield or something? 5 str/sta seems really low stat wise? Maybe because I come from WoW where items there have stats that are in the 100's. Is something in EQ with 5-10ish stats really good?

Wow I must sound like such a noob >_>

mudvayne1812
04-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh and Druids, Shamans, and even paladins get Superior heal, so they don't suck as bad spot healing. That's a change I suppose.

Tudana
04-09-2010, 10:29 PM
^^ didn`t they get complete heals then?^^

edit* thats right, the other healers were giving heals

mudvayne1812
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
didn`t they get complete heals then?

Nah, shamans and druid gets superior at 51 and Paladins get Sup at 57. Druids and shamans with CHeal would make clerics basically obsolete =/

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
naw, only clerics get complete heals ... and will still use them alot ... and to patch heal clerics will get elexiers (heal over time) wich generate muuuuch less agro and because they dont heal all at once, the agro is nicely spread also ...

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 10:33 PM
uh yeah and we also get our group buffs ... wtb blessing of aegolism =_= cant wait ...

Gwence
04-09-2010, 11:05 PM
uh yeah and we also get our group buffs ... wtb blessing of aegolism =_= cant wait ...

Gonna be waiting a long time for a spell that doesnt come out until Luclin. Hope you're not holding your breath!!

Alawen Everywhere
04-09-2010, 11:09 PM
I wasn't a cleric in Kunark era, but here's what I remember.

Clerics continue to be the primary healing class throughout Kunark despite all the other healing classes getting improved healing spells. The main heals for clerics during Kunark become Remedy and Divine Light along with Complete Heal. Buffing becomes less tedious because Aegis, the main hp/ac buff, lasts over two hours. Appropriate pieces of Donal's armor deliver lower buffs without using mana. Clerics lucky enough to complete their epic will be able to rez without mana and the level 56 rez spell, Reviviscence, restores 96% of experience lost.

From a raid perspective, clerics are in even greater demand. Clerics of maximum level with even average ability will find themselves welcomed as applicants in top guilds. As the damage output of raid targets increases, clerics in raiding guild will find themselves one of 8-12 clerics instead of one of 4-6, making raid gear harder to come by.

Three new mechanics add a little variety to cleric duties in Kunark. Death Pact and Divine Intervention will sometimes rescue your tank and will help spend your money on gem supplies. Mark of Karn is sort of a reverse damage shield, healing the players who hit the mob buffed with it. And finally Celestial Elixir is a nice heal over time.

Unfortunately, I think Uaellaen is remembering things a little out of sequence. Blessing of Aegolism is a Luclin-era spell, and Aegolism itself is in Velious.

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Gonna be waiting a long time for a spell that doesnt come out until Luclin. Hope you're not holding your breath!!

think you mean Ancient:Blessing of Aegolism? i am quite sure i used Blessing of Aegolism in velious ...

Unfortunately, I think Uaellaen is remembering things a little out of sequence. Blessing of Aegolism is a Luclin-era spell, and Aegolism itself is in Velious.

i thought its a kunark spell .. since thats when all the group buff for us clerics started like Heroism (single) => Heroic Bond (group) and the group symbols

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 11:17 PM
ok i looked it up ... aegolism + blessing of aegolism are both velious spells /cry ... ah well .. at least we get group buffs!

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 11:19 PM
heroic bond + naltron's mark will cover most of the buffing anyway, since Aegis will mostly be on the classes that get beaten up (that doesnt over overagroing wizards / mages / rogues!!!) it doesnt need to be casted so much anyway

and sorry for so many posts ... its 5:20 am and i keep pressing send forgeting half of what i wanted to say >< i be passing out now ... gn8!

Alawen Everywhere
04-09-2010, 11:27 PM
ok i looked it up ... aegolism + blessing of aegolism are both velious spells /cry ... ah well .. at least we get group buffs!

I think you're still incorrect. The Aegolism scroll is a Velious raid drop and the Blessing of Aegolism scroll is a Luclin raid drop. The ancient spell you're thinking of is probably Ancient Gift of Aegolism. I don't remember anyone having that spell, which seems odd considering that I farmed both Lord Seru and Vex Thal. Apparently that spell is also on Vulak's loot table, but I don't know if ancient spells existed during Velious.

Uaellaen
04-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Aegolism:

Zone Mob
Velious Level 50+

Blessing of Aegolism:

Zone Mob
Velious Level 50+

Ancient: Gift of Aegolism (thats what you are thinking of)

Zone Mob
Luclin Level 60+ and Vex Thal

http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/clericspells.asp?minrank=50&maxrank=65

velious + i am 100% certain .. just the kunark area is a bit fuzzy since i started playing cleric seriously with velious, and before i was only a mage ;)

and i had all ancient spells for my mage and my cleric on live ...

jilena
04-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Also you are forgetting Kunark is p much when the OMG give the gems to the cleric to cover symbol costs awesomeness starts! Rejoice!

Olorin
04-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I am almost positive that druids/shammies didn't get Sup heal until much later either in Kunark or in Velious --

I have a pretty strong recollection of posting on the forums why druids needed upgraded heals in the downtime between quadding bloodgills. Ill have to do some looking to see when they actually released ...

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Superior Healing
CLR 34
DRU 51
PAL 57
RNG 62
SHM 51

nope, he is right, its lvl 51 ...

http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=176

Olorin
04-10-2010, 01:14 AM
nope, he is right, its lvl 51 ...

http://www.crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=176

Yeah, i understand that it is level 51 for druids/shammies -- I don't believe that it was at the beginning of kunark is all --

Just like epics werent at the beginning of kunark either -- be interesting to see a timeline of what changed. I looked at the official forums, but their notes only go back to 2004 :(

In looking around I did come up with this nugget though ....

10 percent non-cleric healing penalty is now gone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was posted in the general section but was so important to balancing that I thought I should copy it here. -Cass

AbsorEQ
Community Relations
Sony Online Entertainment
(7/24/02 12:46:34 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: No changes to Healing?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry.

We DID remove the non-cleric healing penalty, it just didn't make it into the patch message.

Ooopsie...

Just checking to see if you were still paying attention... yeah, that's it...

Alan

http://www.thedruidsgrove.org/eq/forums/showthread.php?t=1498

Gorroth
04-10-2010, 03:37 AM
The level is 53 actually, I don't know where Tink (crys.org) got his info.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001218092600/eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spells.asp?Class=Druid

http://web.archive.org/web/20001210010700/eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spells.asp?Class=Shaman

Gwence
04-10-2010, 07:17 AM
I hate to burst your bubble but blessing of ageolism is Luclin raid drop, your website is wrong and the worst website ever, I know that because they give you a vague reference as to what drops spells..

Velious mob lvl 50+? lol you wont even get single target ageolism from random trash in velious 50+, it has to be either a major boss or a maybe a mini boss if you're lucky.

And just from my memory we never had any major group buffs outside of like heroic bond until luclin came out, it gave KEI, group focus, group aego, pal group brells, it was the expansion for cutting down buff time extensively with all group buffs and MGB aa.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=7610 - Blessings of Aegolism (Luclin)

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=30447 - Aegolism (notice the mobs that drop, 60+)

Ancient spells were super high end Luclin, Lord Seru was your best bet for them from my experience, we had a few ancient ageo scrolls. 150 more hp and 9 ac, not a very big deal imo.

Should use lucy for your spell and item infoz, it's based off eqlive but if you can filter through known changes (there is none on aegolism) it is about 100x better than any other site.

Gwence
04-10-2010, 07:32 AM
The level is 53 actually, I don't know where Tink (crys.org) got his info.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001218092600/eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spells.asp?Class=Druid

http://web.archive.org/web/20001210010700/eq.castersrealm.com/spells/spells.asp?Class=Shaman

sup heal for druid is 51, that website blows too

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 08:30 AM
hmmmm .... i realy cant remember ><

i dont know why, but i remember the ancient spells coming out 1 expansion later then the original spells ... it might be just my imagination considering its almost 10 years ago >< im an old man! im happy that i can remember all my zone layouts and what spells do :p

but i guess if you digged it up on lucy it must be right ...

and its not "my website" its actualy posted in the p1999 resource thread :p

Bones
04-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Im leveling a Cleric now, well was ... but I am wondering what changes happen for Clerics when Kunark comes around? Im sure itll take me months to get to 50 so hopefully Ill be there by the time Kunark is released but, how different will it be for me? Do any mechanics of the game change for Cleric? Is it still just Complete Heal spam? Any new spells?

Thanks!!!

alot changes depending on if they allow manastones to work in Kunark zones or not :)

Aeolwind
04-10-2010, 12:06 PM
alot changes depending on if they allow manastones to work in Kunark zones or not :)

Manastones will not work any any zone beyond what they do now.

And the main change to a cleric is that you reach 0 mana efficiency when dealing with rangers. You just click the Sprinkler after they get aggro and die.

Omnimorph
04-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Also you are forgetting Kunark is p much when the OMG give the gems to the cleric to cover symbol costs awesomeness starts! Rejoice!

I propose we start the policy of splitting gems between clerics and enchanters... rune isn't cheap dammit!

Hasbinbad
04-10-2010, 03:10 PM
And the main change to a cleric is that you reach 0 mana efficiency when dealing with rangers. You just click the Sprinkler after they get aggro and die.
My ROFL copter goes schwoopschwoopschwoop.

Spud
04-10-2010, 03:37 PM
My main char was a cleric when Kunark came out. I grouped in Old Sebilis mainly and remembering looting a TON of peridots. I liked casting Remedy since it has like a 3 seconds casting time. You become a walking rez machine with the click stick epic.

Also group heals become bad ass. There is a spell that does a group heal and cures poison and disease, which is good against dragon AE poison/diseases.

I wasn't a cleric in Kunark era, but here's what I remember.

Clerics continue to be the primary healing class throughout Kunark despite all the other healing classes getting improved healing spells. The main heals for clerics during Kunark become Remedy and Divine Light along with Complete Heal. Buffing becomes less tedious because Aegis, the main hp/ac buff, lasts over two hours. Appropriate pieces of Donal's armor deliver lower buffs without using mana. Clerics lucky enough to complete their epic will be able to rez without mana and the level 56 rez spell, Reviviscence, restores 96% of experience lost.

From a raid perspective, clerics are in even greater demand. Clerics of maximum level with even average ability will find themselves welcomed as applicants in top guilds. As the damage output of raid targets increases, clerics in raiding guild will find themselves one of 8-12 clerics instead of one of 4-6, making raid gear harder to come by.

Three new mechanics add a little variety to cleric duties in Kunark. Death Pact and Divine Intervention will sometimes rescue your tank and will help spend your money on gem supplies. Mark of Karn is sort of a reverse damage shield, healing the players who hit the mob buffed with it. And finally Celestial Elixir is a nice heal over time.

Pretty good description here I think, one correction: Aegis is an AC only buff. Heroism is an HP/AC buff. Then there was also the HP/AC buff Fortitude which I beleive came out in Kunark?

keen
04-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Druids and Shamans didn't get sup heal until 53 when Kunark first came out. They didnt change it to 51 for a long time. I remember this because 51 was a hell level and I hated the grind trying to get through it. I ended up rerolling a monk and didn't go back to my druid for about a year.. when I did I had sup heal at 51. It was definitely 53 when kunark first came out.

Zordana
04-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Cleric epic clicking mid-raid rather than wasting mana.

yes, the epic, the BEST change for the cleric (especially the raid-cleric)

Omnimorph
04-10-2010, 06:05 PM
yes, the epic, the BEST change for the cleric (especially the raid-cleric)

enjoy camping CLASSIC ragefire :D :D :D

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 09:43 PM
enjoy camping CLASSIC ragefire

i will!! and so will the 20+ people that have to be on call to help me kill it :P

Audacious93c
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Since I love pissing on Karstens and Finawins parade by staying Anon. Ill message you online Uua, I'll help you kill Ragefire any day of the week :)

Uaellaen
04-10-2010, 10:20 PM

Finawin
04-10-2010, 11:21 PM
No one cares who you are, chump. That's why you're anonymous.

matahari
04-11-2010, 12:19 AM
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html

sony's official patch history. If you just delete the 20010221a.html part it lets you search the rest.

Superior Healing moved to level 51 for shamans and druids.

*Donal's Breastplate can now only be used on any individual target once every 7.5 minutes. This addresses some of the balance issues that became apparent given the existence of a mana-free complete heal

Yes around Dec 99. The older patch notes from 99 don't give as much info. They don't say when poh and poa opened etc. The 2000 and later notes give much more info. The Devs have a list of the major changes on a timeline up through velious in another thread buried in this forum.

lol to Uuaellaen. Thanks! I'm just an extreme fan of classic Everquest. My wife and I talked about how great it would be to play the best game ever made again in all it's glory. Randomly for years we talked about the times we had in game. We have sooo many fond memories. You could say I'm a Huge eq nerd, and I would agree.

Audacious93c
04-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Yet you still commented Finawin BUhahahaha!

Where are we on that patch list in comparison to a time line Matahari? Im thinking around December 99?

Uaellaen
04-11-2010, 03:55 AM
matahari our server's chronos? =O

jilena
04-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Gems for enchanters is a terrible idea. You should already be rich from farming FBSS solo.

Uaellaen
04-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Gems for enchanters is a terrible idea.

i agree.

but also .. why would a chanter need to cast rune in a group enviorment? Bitched too much at the healers so they dont wanna heal ya anymore? :p

Yilza Moosik
04-13-2010, 02:13 AM
I was checking the Dain Frostweaver loots, cause I wanted to know the stats on the hammer he dropped.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5486

There he drops Aegolism. Dont know if that is added later or what. Just a thought :p

jilena
04-13-2010, 02:42 AM
I think the argument was whether or not "Blessing of Aegolism", the group version, is velious or luclin. I am pretty sure it's luclin.

Omnimorph
04-13-2010, 05:44 AM
i agree.

but also .. why would a chanter need to cast rune in a group enviorment? Bitched too much at the healers so they dont wanna heal ya anymore? :p

Rune is to save the cleric's mana! and to protect the gooey insides of the enchanter. With warriors having broken taunt, I get mobs in my face all too often on resists and when someone breaks mez.

And to keep on topic - clerics get a robe in kunark!! yaaaay!

Tallenn
04-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes, group Aego is Luclin. Single target is Velious. I was ecstatic when aego came out- no more casting multiple buffs, and in heaven when BoA did, one cast to buff whole group! Of course, I didn't get those spells until a few months after they came out, and drooled over them the whole time.

I loved playing a cleric, but buffing was the most tedious aspect of it.

Biggest change for cleric in Kunark: up until mid 50s, druid or shaman can handle healing a group for most content. After that, it becomes risky and slower to not have a cleric. By 60, CH becomes ultra-uber on most tanks.

Ferok
04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
The only group buff I remember from Kunark was Heroic Bond.

Every class getting their best buffs as a group spell didn't happen until Luclin. Not coincidentally, mass group buff arrived then as well.