PDA

View Full Version : A special invitation

Rigget
04-09-2010, 10:01 AM
I used to play on P99. I enjoyed it until all the bickering and raid target fighting began. I was a member one of the two top guild at the time (which one doesn't matter).

I left. Maybe you'll think I'm a quitter, maybe you'll think I'm a whimp, but I don't care. I started playing WoW. Yes, the very game everyone here laments because its too "easy" and you don't have to "hate your life" while you grind to the top levels. Well let me tell you, you are wrong. It is easier to level, but that doesn't matter. The end game is so much better than EQ could ever be. It's hard. It's complicated. It doesn't have all the drama.

Consider this an invitation from a former P99 fan to come try a game that puts EQ to shame. I know you probably don't believe me now, but I promise you'll like it better.

My character's name is Carmine on the Lethon server. I'd love to have you in my guild and we can do fun raids without any drama. Trust me, it's worth it.

Jify
04-09-2010, 10:04 AM
I used to play on P99. I enjoyed it until all the bickering and raid target fighting began. I was a member one of the two top guild at the time (which one doesn't matter).

I left. Maybe you'll think I'm a quitter, maybe you'll think I'm a whimp, but I don't care. I started playing WoW. Yes, the very game everyone here laments because its too "easy" and you don't have to "hate your life" while you grind to the top levels. Well let me tell you, you are wrong. It is easier to level, but that doesn't matter. The end game is so much better than EQ could ever be. It's hard. It's complicated. It doesn't have all the drama.

Consider this an invitation from a former P99 fan to come try a game that puts EQ to shame. I know you probably don't believe me now, but I promise you'll like it better.

My character's name is Carmine on the Lethon server. I'd love to have you in my guild and we can do fun raids without any drama. Trust me, it's worth it.

Burn the witch!

Fraud
04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Heretic!

mitic
04-09-2010, 10:08 AM
world of disney is a no go for me, played the beta back the day for an hour and deinstalled after

Otto
04-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Is that Ozzio?!

Nedala
04-09-2010, 10:20 AM
I played WoW and EQ2; and i can only say WoW is FAR behind eq2, and eq2 is still far behind p1999 ;)

Grento
04-09-2010, 10:30 AM
The raids I played were ok but there was not enough risk involved, I don't get the same heart palpitations when someone fucks up.

Gorgetrapper
04-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Pussy.

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Why would i go from a game that has such a great community like this place (minus the raid guild's drama lessons) to a place with absolutely zero community.

When i played wow the most interaction i got out of others were the spammers offering to sell me gold. Everyone else just didn't want to talk. Sure the raid mechanics in WoW might shit on those in EQ, but when i'm in a group on classic, people actually talk and interact with each other.

So yeah, you keep your wow, i'll be happy to get back on p99.

Dac321
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
One word describes WoW... awful.

Shannacore
04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I played WoW a lotttttt before I quit. My priest was l33t.

ashecrimson
04-09-2010, 10:43 AM
I just love to play World of "lets be fair" Craft

Otto
04-09-2010, 10:44 AM
I just love to play World of "lets be fair" Craft

bahaha

truth

Fafnir
04-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Especially nowadays everyone can become l33t within a week of hitting 80.
At least before this mess you could see if people actually could play based on their gear but now even a twelve year old with ADHD can get "uber" gear.

Crone
04-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I raided in WoW for a very long time prior to me quitting, and starting my long, unguided search for something else to fill my time. It was fun, but no way I can bring myself to play it again.

Just something about it where I say to myself, naww, that's ok, I'd rather do this or that.

Yiblaan
04-09-2010, 12:17 PM
this is just a Flame. He wants a 13 page flamewar with this one

Bones
04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
He will get bored and be back in a month.

L2Phantom
04-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I /lol at my friends who still play WoW. Lets see. Clear all the raids in a couple days and then play other games for the rest of the week. Seems like a lot of fun!!!111

grindle
04-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I enjoy playing both WoW and Eq1999 but just to let you know their are free servers of wow that very good also and have a good community. I have never understood why the two games have to mutually exclusive . They are alike in some of there game play but other than surface things they play as a totally different style and both are very fun in their own way . I'm glad you found somewhere to have fun and enjoy your time online.

*edit* Sent ya a PM check your inbox :D *

Havick_T
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM

I've played WoW since beta. It's not hard. In fact it continues to get easier for all the mouth breathers that can't figure out how to do instances. So they lower the hardness level's of the instances to appease all the kiddies. High end content is a simply script or a dance if you will. Once you figure it out it's just like anything else. If you can follow instructions you can win. EQ is by far a better game. It makes you actually think. WoW was fun for short period of time, it's completely lame now.

EQ has stood the test of time. It's a good game. No reason to come back here and rip on a game that WoW came from. WoW wouldn't even have been here if it weren't for games like UO, EQ, and DAOC. Sorry but you have no leg to stand on here.

Fafnir
04-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey!
Thinking is overrated I am sure there are plenty of people who just want to press one or two buttons when they play. Hell I mean when I played both my Warlock and my Rogue in the end game I used 3 buttons to do end-game instancing. I could have decreased it to two but that would have been dreadfully boring? :D The sad part is that the decline of World of Warcraft has been sharp lately. Then again most who enjoy 1999 is merely a fraction of the possible customers if the game. An elitist gaming group who prefer a challenge rather then being handheld through the game.
And I don't mean that in any offensive way towards anyone except the World of Warcraft players.

Was that a good flame? I think not!

Kinamur1999
04-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Dude Bro Wow is so last season, It's all about hello kitty online adventure these days.
Levels, there are no levels!
end game, guess what you start at it!
it has everything wow has to offer and more, I mean you can customize your kitty dress colors and everything.

snifs
04-09-2010, 04:51 PM

I played WoW since beta, I had one of the top DK's on the server before i quit for p99 a couple months ago. WoW is NOT hard or difficult in any way.

What makes WoW hard is the horrible players and immature kiddies that don't know how to listen.

The newest raids, ICC25 are a joke...the fact that they add in a zone-wide buff to make it easier for the kiddies is a joke.

Not gonna lie, I loved WoW in the early days, and I have played it a ton...so I can't say I didn't have fun...but EQ is far beyond anything WoW will ever be.

vidurous
04-09-2010, 04:55 PM
OP is a troll. Who would go through the trouble of signing up and modifying files to play an EMU then post like they just discovered wow for the first time and ask for more to join them?

/troll *signed*

Tudana
04-09-2010, 04:57 PM
I figured the troll out when I read the OP...no one comes recruiting in 1 game for another without offering PL, Gold, and a new Mount...gesh

isitatomic
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
The kind of shit that trolls say.

The kind of shit that people say in response to trolls.

Mmohunter
04-09-2010, 06:03 PM
I've played both EQ and WoW, and raided in both. I can say each game has its appeal.

EQ probaly had/has the strongest community out of any MMO I've ever played.

WoW has some of the best casual MMO gaming. Allowing anyone to suit up in "top end gear" and enjoy content with a pug or guild.

You can't compare the two, they are just far too different. Both suit two different types of gamers.

But, with that said nothing beats kicking it old school on P99. Drama and all, that's what makes EverQuest what it is.

Bodeanicus
04-09-2010, 06:23 PM
If you're going to pay to play something not EQ, play LoTRO. Much better game than WoW.

Hasbinbad
04-09-2010, 06:31 PM
this is just a Flame. He wants a 13 page flamewar with this one
OP is a troll. Who would go through the trouble of signing up and modifying files to play an EMU then post like they just discovered wow for the first time and ask for more to join them?

/troll *signed*
I figured the troll out when I read the OP...no one comes recruiting in 1 game for another without offering PL, Gold, and a new Mount...gesh
I had that same sentiment when I read the OP, but then:
Is that Ozzio?!
I think it really is. That post sounds a LOT like his rq message. Also, his wow character is named Carmine..
Good catch Mr. Matic.

Ektar
04-09-2010, 08:09 PM
ozzio pal! thanks helping me with the hilt of soulfire :D

Finawin
04-09-2010, 08:15 PM
If you're going to pay to play something not EQ, play LoTRO. Much better game than WoW.

Lol you're probably terrible at that too

Shannacore
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
So were YOU THE ONE WHO SENT ME THIS E-MAIL TODAY THEN?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/xDaddysxLittlexDefectx/wow.jpg?t=1270867927

DevGrousis
04-10-2010, 01:20 AM
everyone relaaax. if by 'community' you mean 600 person server, and 100 active board users, then yes, wow has no community. i played a hunt from 1-70 and it was really fun. i just got bored when the new xpac came out. Soloing is cool, but not my cup of tea, and the instances were just really hard to get groups for. just quit hating. WOW is excellent, just not to us. EQ wins, thats nuf said. no one should have waisted time on this dudes post (including me ;D)

its all love

Shmeeggeggy
04-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Starting WoW, Pssh.. I used to play, was fun for a while, you know with the rigorous warlock rotation in BC. You know what I am talking about Sac Succy, then shadowb2222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 222... ahm, sorry still trying to get that out of my system. Shadowbolt spam.

Auvdar
04-10-2010, 02:23 AM
Dear Sony, you have 14 days. If Plane of Time is not properly tuned, this website will go from the the best EQ guild website to the biggest WoW website.... er wait?

Loke
04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
I played WoW with 2 very prominent raiding guilds (EJ and Immo) and also was a member of a number of 2000+ arena teams. Not bragging, just saying, I played the game really hard and experienced just about all there was to experience through BC. I will agree that a lot of the raid content was challenging and interesting, and I did have a lot of fun playing the game. However, outside of PvP, there was really no aspect of competition like there is in EQ imo, which killed the whole experience. The major aspect of EQ that absolutely destroys WoW is the community. WoW is so anti-social for a MMO that it is amazing. I played on Mal'Ganis, Skullcrusher, and Cenarius... and honestly, outside of my guild and PvP groups, I really didn't meet or know all that many people. Just kind of killed the experience for me.

I will admit though, good hard-core non-arena PvP was some of the most fun I've had gaming. Loved rolling into BGs with my 5s arena group and just laying waste to hordies who expected an easy win since horde dominated WSG, AB, and EotS like 99% of the time.

eqholmes
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I've read alot of your posts Loke and I would say your usually spot on. As for wow vs EQ, I was really into hardcore pvp, my roomate beat me winning the horde pink "wow" talbard for the server, one on each side per sever(if anyone played before BG's they know what im talking about). I had alot of fun with pvp in wow but thats about all the game had, it was fun to show skill over gear(to a much greater degree than in EQ, sidenote not saying that EQ doesnt take skill just different and I consider easier marcoing) but being in the top 10 each week in pvp took me roughly 6 hours a day and got old seeing the same people over and over(before being able to fight other chars on other servers. also I played on DEATHWING guild "Depraved" if anyone played there) The outcomes were pretty much the same. As for EQ, there just seems things to do no matter what. If no raid is going on I can farm gems for resist gear for myself/friends or just farm to twink, or hell sit on my thumb and talk to friends because as everyone has already said the community is so much better. Old EQ > then basically any game I've seen/played.

Holmes 50 necro
Fish Bait