PDA

View Full Version : Installing 2 versions of Eq

Ballerklein
04-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Hey guys,
I was wondering what the easiest way to install a second version of EQ so I can play on two different servers without having to change the files to go from one to the other. I was hoping it was as simple as installing the game again but using a different file name, but it never gave me the option to do this when I but my install disc in.

Thanks for any help.

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 11:11 AM
install it, copy and paste it someplace else.

what i've got is classic EQ folder and regular eq in a sony folder.

Malrubius
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't even have a sony folder. What I used to have on my C: drive (among other crap of course :p) was just...

c:\eq_unmodified_titanium
c:\p1999 (which started as just a straight copy of the above)
c:\peq (also started as a copy of titanium - long since wiped though! :D)
c:\eq (live - also long since wiped!)

Nowadays though I just have p1999 on a thumb drive on my keychain (and a backup 1999 directory with all screenshots and logs saved out).

Bones
04-09-2010, 12:15 PM

This.

When it asks you for a location when you are installing it a box will pop up with something like this in it

C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest

You can change that to anything you want really.

C:\Program Files\ "_______"

But an easy one to remember would be something like

C:\Program Files\Project 1999
or
C:\Program Files\ClassicEQ

Ballerklein
04-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I figured that would be the easiset way. One more question, can you set up two shortcut links on the desk top? one for each one? I have not yet tried this but i dont see why not. Just wondering

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I figured that would be the easiset way. One more question, can you set up two shortcut links on the desk top? one for each one? I have not yet tried this but i dont see why not. Just wondering

yep, i got a classic eq one ( i even took the classic eq icon that someone generously spent time making, would give them thanks if i could remember who...) and another one for live.

grindle
04-09-2010, 01:03 PM
i have 4 different eq folders ..Vanilla titanium ,Eq1999,Peq and EZ all with different icons and shortcuts very easy to do

Deanob
04-09-2010, 05:25 PM
u know u can set up batch scripts to copy over the appropriate files depending on what you want to run.

mudvayne1812
04-09-2010, 05:34 PM
u know u can set up batch scripts to copy over the appropriate files depending on what you want to run.

I think this is a bit over his head if he was asking if copy/paste was the easiest way to get a second EQ folder.

Jogun
04-12-2010, 06:38 PM

what if you've already installed & modified for p1999? if i c&p it will still be a p1999 version.

is there an easy way to undo the p1999 modifications if i c&p?

when i put the disc in to install another copy it just gives the the option to modify/repair/uninstall the current version.

need a little help for the pc impaired....

Tybansan
04-19-2010, 07:01 AM
I am having the same problem as the person above. I have all the files I removed backed up. Just those two files that it asks you to download and replace files if it asks are the problem. Is there anyway to go about getting two versions without uninstalling and starting from scratch? I wish windows would give me to option to install to another location from disk.

Zordana
04-19-2010, 07:31 AM
you can just copy the EQ folder and thats it imo..

but im workin on a launcher which will make it way easier to patch EQ for the server you wanna play on... =)