PDA

View Full Version : Hoshkar

Cyrano
11-27-2011, 01:42 PM
On first attempt he seemed to AOE properly, on the second attempt he did not AOE once. We also killed his pet on the second attempt but I doubt that affects it. Seems that once he's been engaged and reset once his AOE becomes bugged.

We saw similar issues when TMO did him last week.

Xeliso
11-28-2011, 04:29 AM
It certainly did AE for our 2nd attempt, We were LoSing it and myself as a cleric I was running out to group heal. We were calling AE's for people to run in and out.

I can only imagine something dealing with it being prior engaged and resetting affecting AE, I can attest to one time doing Nagafen and this happened.

Ele
11-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Hoshkar AE'd during our second attempt at least 3 times, including on initial aggro.

Zeelot
11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
AE definitely worked properly for us both times. Not sure what happened with yours...where did you fight him?

nilbog
12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
If there's something wrong with dragon aes, I'd really like to fix it.

Is there a way to replicate the issue?

What I've tried:

-Attack Hoshkar
-feign death
-when it clears, stand up and engage Hoshkar again

Result: He AEs properly

-Attack Hoshkar
-Leave the zone
-Zone back in.
-Attack Hoshkar

-Attack Hoshkar
-Let Hoshkar kill me
-Zone back in
-Attack Hoshkar

If might have something to do with LOS on PCs, which received tweaks for next patch.

Shiftin
12-09-2011, 02:05 PM
I wish I could help you replicate it.
Try:

Pull hoshkar to zone in bridge. Fight him for a good 3 minutes, let him AE / cast for a while.

Die/let him reset.

Pull again.

Can you watch an NPCs mana? It definitely wasn't a LOS thing when he didn't AE for us, I was standing right behind him and never saw a casting message or an AE message on the 2nd try.

nilbog
12-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Let him attack me for about 10 minutes at bridge. He casted spells the entire time.

-Zoned out
-Back in
-Engaged
-He AEed

Shiftin
12-09-2011, 03:04 PM
/shrug.

we'll let you know if it happens again?

Rusl
12-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Could it be a z-axis issue? Where the tank is at a slightly lower point than the dragon and this prevents them from AEing.

Try having hoskar on the bridge and you just off it or hoshkar on the zone in portal and you just off it.

Szeth
12-09-2011, 03:56 PM
We could let you know next time we're killing him? Assuming leadership is ok with this etc

Kole1
12-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Nilbog, can you spawn PC characters that are aggro to Hoshkar?

As in, spawn 20 PC characters, have them all behind you on hate list, let the pet start killing a couple, let your char die, have hoshkar run around killing them all.

Position some all around in different places. You could be right with the LoS thing, or there could be places in the geometry he is pathing trying to kill people that bug out the AoE for the next time.

Also, while my tin foil hat causes me to take TMO saying he AoE'd their second time with a grain of salt, there are notable differences between our 2 engage/kills so they prolly are tellin the truf.

nilbog
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Any issues with the last Hoshkar kill?

Zeelot
12-21-2011, 06:01 PM
No issues. He AE'd both our first attempt and 2nd time when we killed him. He was also aggro'd multiple times before our fights, including when I pulled Phara Dar.

Seems like it's working fine.