11-25-2011, 06:35 PM
This has been brought up and blown off, but:

*Root and Snare*

Root-type spells and "snare" type spells now use a separate spell
effect.

Previously, "Root" spells would overwrite any snare effect upon the
target. When the root would wear off, the target began moving at full
speed. With this change, when root wears off, snare will still be in
effect. This has a few added effects on the other end.

For instance, root will no longer cancel SoW or Journeyman's Boots
effects. It also allowed us to correct a long-standing bug that was
allowing bards to cancel root on themselves by playing Selo's
Accelerando if Selo's was in effect at the time that the bard was
rooted. As mentioned in a previous patch where the first part of this
bug was fixed, this was not the intended effect.

Selo`s needs to overwrite root and snares.

Psalm of Vitality needs to cure 1 disease counter.

Psalm of Purity needs to cure 1 poison counter.

We can't pick and choose people it's the classic vision™ not your carnival clown versions of EQ.

edit #1: The end of these patch notes are false. There was no "previous patch" mentioning that it was an unintended effect or a bug.

Sources:

2001 Patch History :: EverQuest :: ZAM (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html)

Patches from July 2000 - December 2000 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-2.html)

Patches from January 2000 - June 2000 (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-1.html)

Case closed.

jerok88
11-25-2011, 06:37 PM
inb4 a million complaints

Smedy
11-25-2011, 06:40 PM
working as intended, bards are pretty much unstoppable as it is.

Caravelle1
The patch notes basically say it's an unintended bug that selo's overwrote root and snare, and you want to implement that anyways?
get out

Truth
Unintended bug they left in all through classic, all through kunark, and a month into velious?

gtfo I'm here for classic EQ bros not your Luclinesque shit

working as intended, bards are pretty much unstoppable as it is.

At these levels Root pet basically completely disables a bard even with blinding step and pumice.

Smedy
11-25-2011, 06:50 PM
brah don't troll me, i can't even get near a bard they so fast

Truth
11-25-2011, 06:57 PM
There's plenty of bugs, features, and such that were changed later on through the life of EQLive, but they're not that way here for a reason. Too many examples to list. This is the way the mechanics worked, and we can't change the past. In the end it doesn't matter if people personally agree or not, there's tons of shit I don't like here but I suck it up because it's the classic mechanics.

If we don't add these changes as well, then we might as well take "Classic" out of the server name on the selection screen and put "Custom Clown Carnival Catastrophe".

There's a reason bards need their survivability. Having played several end game pvp bards through different eras, you are always the first one targeted.

Mobb
11-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Havnt played much of R99, but I always remember bards overwriting snare/root with selos. It was fuckin impossible to kill bards in pvp unless you dotted the shit outta them or had your own. But bards also couldnt kill a fly stuck in shit.

Szeth
11-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Truth is trolling, stop responding. He clearly knows about the hoops from blue (and i assume proactively here?) and he is doing this solely to get a rise out of people.

Diggles
11-25-2011, 07:54 PM
This is an actual concern, classic bug is classic put it in

Amuk
11-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Rogues could pick pocket nagafen pls implement this classic feature back in by the time I hit 50.

Truth
11-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Truth is trolling, stop responding. He clearly knows about the hoops from blue (and i assume proactively here?) and he is doing this solely to get a rise out of people.

I'm not trolling anything retard. I don't know any "hoops" of the blue server (whatever that means), because I don't play it nor give a fuck.

This is the way it was, and the way it must be for the integrity of a server parading itself as the paragon of a classic pvp experience. It's a 2-line 30 second fix.

Rogues could pick pocket nagafen pls implement this classic feature back in by the time I hit 50.

I can make random red herring ass shit up too but I instead post patch notes.

Mobb
11-25-2011, 08:16 PM
That comparison isnt even close... Being able to loot god gear without even killing the encounter and only allowing root to last for 6 secs is a big difference. In classic there were alot of bugs... This was known knowledge to every pvp server until almost luclin when bards actually started to evolve into a better pvp class.

Samoht
11-25-2011, 09:07 PM
There's plenty of bugs, features, and such that were changed later on through the life of EQLive, but they're not that way here for a reason. Too many examples to list.

List them, cite your sources, and they'll fix them. So tired of trolls whining that things aren't classic because it doesn't fit their agenda, but then they don't care to take the time to get them fixed.

It's like he's crying just for the sake of crying.

racist
11-25-2011, 09:22 PM
i know plenty of dupes from classic, they should put those in too huh? HURR DURrrRR

fuck bards, they have it easy swarm kiting.

Iwazaru
11-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm not trolling anything retard. I don't know any "hoops" of the blue server (whatever that means), because I don't play it nor give a fuck.

This is the way it was, and the way it must be for the integrity of a server parading itself as the paragon of a classic pvp experience. It's a 2-line 30 second fix.

I can make random red herring ass shit up too but I instead post patch notes.

He isn't making that up. It is why they made the bags and other items magical so that rogues couldn't pocket them anymore.

Silikten
11-25-2011, 09:25 PM
This has been brought up and blown off, but:

Selo`s needs to overwrite root and snares.

We can't pick and choose people it's the classic vision™ not your carnival clown versions of EQ.

Also add to where jboots overwrites root and snare so we are all OP

Truth
11-25-2011, 09:38 PM
jboots didnt.

thats the problem with this server, people just troll shit out of the question even tho it is bona fied classic. if we leave out selos overwriting root, then why not fix the bug completely as Sony did in 2001 (read: not 1999) and make it so snare doesnt overwrite sow? because thats not the mechanic from classic™ which this server is supposed to be emulating as closely as feasible you dumbfucks.

it's not worth arguing against the fallacies. its self-evident and should be in next round of patches imqo (qualified opinion)

Doors
11-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Boner chips.

Truth
11-25-2011, 09:57 PM
My bad yall I forgot that we can lol just pick and choose whatever the fuck the game mechanics we want instead of what they actually were in 1999-2001

Diggles
11-25-2011, 10:14 PM
fuck it, add beastlords

Samoht
11-25-2011, 10:22 PM
its self-evident and should be in next round of patches imqo (qualified opinion)

You'll probably never put a write-up in the bug forum, though. You don't wish to contribute, only complain.

Silikten
11-25-2011, 10:23 PM
It's a bonerfied bug you want put in

Lazortag
11-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Selo's overwriting root isn't a "major game-breaking bard issue". It's something that would be amazingly powerful in the early levels and then no one would really care at about level 22 (when you get your self-dispel) or whenever you get enough money to buy pumices. I think it should be in, but anyone acting like Bards are either (a) useless without it or (b) overpowered with it, is wrong.

Uthgaard
11-25-2011, 10:35 PM

These did do this when I reverted the spell file to classic mechanics. Someone decided that it was too powerful for trakanon, or something, and took it out off the timeline.

Truth
11-25-2011, 10:36 PM
You'll probably never put a write-up in the bug forum, though. You don't wish to contribute, only complain.

You are a tremendous magget. Please add me to your ignore list it would be an honour.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50983

It's a bonerfied bug you want put in

Maybe bards shouldn't be able to cast clickies while running? I doubt that was intentional.

Oh yea, strafe running should be just as slow as normal running is. After all that was a limitation (read: bug) of the engine not being able to calculate tiles correctly, hence why you "skip".

Hokus pokus joker's wild come take a spin on a carnie ride!

I already addressed this red herring, if we're going to "fix" the "bug" (which Verant AKA Sony waited on their fatasses to do so til after Velious), then we have to make snare not overwrite SoW as well. But this was not Rogean's intent as he added that part of the bug in because it is classic™ just like Selos overwriting root is.

I think it should be in, but anyone acting like Bards are either (a) useless without it or (b) overpowered with it, is wrong.

I agree with you here. Don't get why people are so adamant against something so blatantly obvious. After ~40 attempting to root/snare a bard is a stupid fail strategy that should never work anyways.

Kringe
11-25-2011, 11:08 PM
jboots didnt.

Wrong, At the start you could click Jboots to break Root/Minor Illusion and a few other things... Please do some research before replying.

Truth
11-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Super cool docrack bro, either way you agree with my premise.

bug was fixed, this was not the intended effect.

Kringe
11-25-2011, 11:15 PM
So are you implying that Jboots Never broke root during the early launch phases?

Truth
11-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Not at the time of the patch I linked anyways. I have heard of such things in early days before, but only from highly trustworthy sources like you. But really if you say it is so I believe it and therefore we must get it changed.

Haul
11-25-2011, 11:24 PM
**BAD PLAYER ALERT**

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xdN0QQwsP1A/ShrD_DsnKJI/AAAAAAAACU8/y_UmGO6infU/s400/SuperStock_1491R-1075714.jpg

hahahaha

Truth
11-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I have beat EverQuest so many times that I have nothing left to prove anymore.

More like no-name shit talk alert.

Doors
11-25-2011, 11:34 PM
I mean I'm not gonna have as many funny screenshots if this gets changed so I vote no since this server is run like a democracy.

Silikten
11-25-2011, 11:52 PM
bug was fixed, this was not the intended effect. .

Truth
11-26-2011, 12:01 AM
That's actually false. There was no "previous patch" mentioning that it was an unintended effect or a bug.

Source:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-2.html
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

Case closed. Rogean add this immediately.

Lazortag
11-26-2011, 12:19 AM
These did do this when I reverted the spell file to classic mechanics. Someone decided that it was too powerful for trakanon, or something, and took it out off the timeline.

It was removed because it was instantly removing the poison from trak's ae, instead of just removing one poison counter. Do you think trak's ae gave only one poison counter?

Samoht
11-26-2011, 12:45 AM
That's actually false. There was no "previous patch" mentioning that it was an unintended effect or a bug.

Source:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-2.html
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

Case closed. Rogean add this immediately.

Try posting this in the right thread, mouth breather.

Cwall
11-26-2011, 12:52 AM
nah

Samoht
11-26-2011, 12:53 AM
nah

Exactly. Just wants to complain about something he gets for free.

Uthgaard
11-26-2011, 12:56 AM
It was removed because it was instantly removing the poison from trak's ae, instead of just removing one poison counter. Do you think trak's ae gave only one poison counter?

I think it's something that should be fixed, instead of leaving two things broken.

Truth
11-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Exactly. Just wants to complain about something he gets for free.

You're clueless dude and contributing nothing to this. If you get a chance, shut the fuck up.

ps my content pays for Rogean's malt liquor

pps breathing through mouth = more oxygen for brain.

Galanteer
11-26-2011, 01:32 AM
Wrong, At the start you could click Jboots to break Root/Minor Illusion and a few other things... Please do some research before replying.

ah yea I forgot about that bug. also you could cast minour illusion and then root yourself so that you could move. Made interesting pvp situations when a bed came attacking you!

(notice I used the word bug -ie something not intended)

Truth
11-26-2011, 01:42 AM
They must just have had all movement speeds increase/decrease on the same spell stack slot. You can't call it a bug, it's just the way it was. If it was unintended, they could have easily programmed it differently when they devised the system in the 1st place.

It's impossible to argue that they mastered direct3d and windows networking et al. but something so trivial stumped them for 2 years. More like when they refactored the code to have snares and roots on different slots they unintentionally nerfed bards and called it a fix.

Uthgaard
11-26-2011, 01:51 AM
That is what happened. Root was movement -10000%. Some root effects still have the value in the field. They gave root a special distinction from movement when they fixed it.

Slave
11-26-2011, 01:59 AM
The real game breaking bard issues are hitbox size and mob run speed. I mean are they even faster here than on P99? Geez.

to0p
11-26-2011, 01:59 AM
If we don't add these changes as well, then we might as well take "Classic" out of the server name on the selection screen and put "Custom Clown Carnival Catastrophe".

:D lulz
/popcorn

Diggles
11-26-2011, 02:03 AM
to0p unbanned for bluebie treason?

Samoht
11-26-2011, 11:26 AM
You're clueless dude and contributing nothing to this.

Your unconstructive whining is doing so much more. Thread should be in RnF.

Galanteer
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
You can't call it a bug, it's just the way it was. If it was unintended, they could have easily programmed it differently when they devised the system in the 1st place.

It's impossible to argue that they mastered direct3d and windows networking et al. but something so trivial stumped them for 2 years. More like when they refactored the code to have snares and roots on different slots they unintentionally nerfed bards and called it a fix.

Back in Kunark it took 6 months for the dev's to realize there was a bug preventing enchanters from scribing greater fetter. Hundreds of petitions, emails...were sent. At one of those conventions when someone spoke directly to the person who was in charge of spells; he replied that he had no clue.... It was fixed the next week. Very trivial.

So when Kunark gets released here should enchanters wait 6 months for that to get fixed since they must have intended it or else they would not devised the system as such?

Dojii
11-26-2011, 03:42 PM
the biggest issue atm with bards is the drum looks like a flute!! hand drum = flute icon. immersion ruined.

Lazortag
11-26-2011, 03:54 PM
the biggest issue atm with bards is the drum looks like a flute!! hand drum = flute icon. immersion ruined.

It's a drumstick you moran.

Truth
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Your unconstructive whining is doing so much more. Thread should be in RnF.

It's only RnF worthy because every single one of your posts has been ad hominem. I am finding patch info and proving things. You are just getting mad. Stop being an anonymous magget and post your char name. Maybe once you discover grief you'll stop shitting up my threads.

So when Kunark gets released here should enchanters wait 6 months for that to get fixed since they must have intended it or else they would not devised the system as such?

Straw man.

The real game breaking bard issues are hitbox size and mob run speed. I mean are they even faster here than on P99? Geez.

tru

nilbog
11-26-2011, 04:35 PM

As it should. You're ruining my immersion :T

Galanteer
11-26-2011, 04:45 PM
you are correct the second half of my argument is indeed a straw man argument, however the gist of it was to show that something very trivial can slip by the developers for a very long time. Good of you to ignore that.

None of us know for sure what the developers intended or what was a bug. Seems majority of commenters here consider you to be arguing for a non intended bug to be put back in for your advantage. You consider it intended. Better get the old Verant people on the phone to confirm...

Truth
11-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Can't we just email Brad and get this resolved?

Samoht
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I am finding patch info and proving things.

In the wrong thread. You know it's in the wrong place, yet you continue. Therefore, all you're doing is whining. The thread you linked in the bug forums didn't prove anything, but you cannot be bothered to actually do any work to contribute.

Maybe once you discover grief you'll stop shitting up my threads.

You do a fine enough job of that yourself.

Truth
11-26-2011, 04:52 PM
The correct place was overlooked, two months ago you dipshit. I'm not whining, I'm trolling til it is implemented as it should be.

You can't argue against it. Anyone who played classic through velious pvp, aka like 1% of the forum troll population, knows this is how the game worked. So what the fuck you saying I didn't prove anything man there's nothing left to prove you so dum go to wal-mart and buy a brain on sale

Samoht
11-26-2011, 05:08 PM
you so dum go to wal-mart and buy a brain on sale

Irony~

Salty
11-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Unintended bug they left in all through classic, all through kunark, and a month into velious?

gtfo I'm here for classic EQ bros not your Luclinesque shit

At these levels Root pet basically completely disables a bard even with blinding step and pumice.

truth

Truth
irony [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]  noun, plural -nies.
: the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Try again. You're stumbling all over yourself.

-Truth

Jerry Garcia
http://i40.tinypic.com/1z52mmo_th.gif

Truth
11-26-2011, 06:03 PM
If this thread was opinion worthy, it would have been a poll. Nay, these are facts of history that cannot ever be changed, and we have to live with it just as we live with all the other bullshit y'all QQ'd in/away to make the server a "classic" experience.

Butt fuck it though, I'm thoroughly convinced. Let's just rename the server VZ/TZ 4.0 and have mass PvP consist of getting rooted and insta-dying to the train of 20 melees pummeling you. Sounds like a fucking blast.

Annnnnd now I sound like Wehrmacht.

------

Oh and to the people who are still like "LOLBUG Can't add it" (even though there is no proof of this). HELLO ITEM RECHARGING IS IN. Why? its the classic™ game mechanics ffs noobs

The prosecution rests.

- Truth, 2011

Galanteer
11-26-2011, 06:13 PM
tested minor illusion and root. Root just overwrote minor illusion....

Now I can't run up to Efreeti Lord Djarn without all those pesky mobs attacking me! Not classic!

Truth
11-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Red herring.

Did that make it all the way through velious like this did? Doubtful.

If so, feel free to make your own thread with first person historical accounts and archives of patch notes instead of shitting up a serious conversation about broken game mechanics.

purest
11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
If this thread was opinion worthy, it would have been a poll. Nay, these are facts of history that cannot ever be changed, and we have to live with it just as we live with all the other bullshit y'all QQ'd in/away to make the server a "classic" experience.

Butt fuck it though, I'm thoroughly convinced. Let's just rename the server VZ/TZ 4.0 and have mass PvP consist of getting rooted and insta-dying to the train of 20 melees pummeling you. Sounds like a fucking blast.

Annnnnd now I sound like Wehrmacht.

------

Oh and to the people who are still like "LOLBUG Can't add it" (even though there is no proof of this). HELLO ITEM RECHARGING IS IN. Why? its the classic™ game mechanics ffs noobs

The prosecution rests.

- Truth, 2011

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l512/millhouseproject1999/crowdapplause.gif

Harrison
11-27-2011, 06:16 PM
Should permaban fags who troll intending to get shit changed, regardless of efficacy. Both on the forums and ingame. Naez is a fucking retard.

Truth
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks Harrison I was just about to bump this for justice.

Diggles
11-27-2011, 06:45 PM
custom clown carnival of carnage 2011

Truth
11-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Harrison you're the fucking retard here, as you are everywhere you go. All I did was prove, beyond any doubt, that this is the way the game mechanics were in classic, and am pondering why the GMs keep things like item recharging in but totally blow this off?

Why the random discrimination on what is officially classic? Victors rewrite history. There were no winners.

Doors
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Harrison is the best contributor to the forums eba.

Srs Not Ames
11-27-2011, 07:59 PM
If this was not a bug and intended to be in during classic then i say add it. Although I'm not 2 keen on the specifics of what should and should not be in pertaining to bards so i cant make an informed comment on that.

Srs Not Ames
11-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Should permaban fags who troll intending to get shit changed, regardless of efficacy. Both on the forums and ingame. Naez is a fucking retard.

Perpetually angry lolololol. Confirmed angriest man child in Massachusetts.

Whats your name on red big pal?

Cwall
11-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Perpetually angry lolololol. Confirmed angriest man child in Massachusetts.

Whats your name on red big pal?

he quit beta 2 days in, couldn't handle red

Amirite
11-27-2011, 08:10 PM
is /melody in game still or did they remove that for classic?

Lazortag
11-27-2011, 08:53 PM
is /melody in game still or did they remove that for classic?

Removed to separate the men from the boys.

Truth
11-27-2011, 09:10 PM
the boys dont have carpal tunnel yet

Slave
11-27-2011, 11:34 PM
the boys dont have carpal tunnel yet

QFFT

Harrison
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Lol bads mad they can't troll devs here like they did on vztz