PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Faction Hits

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Faction hits for PvP will be taken for killing characters within their racial hometowns. Killing a human in any human starting city will cause a faction loss with the locals. Freeport, Qeynos and Surefall Glade are considered starting cities for humans. All of Greater Faydark and Felwithe are considered the starting city for high elves and wood elves. Half elves have no starting city. Erudites have hometowns that match their starting cities. Other cities are not considered hometowns, despite being run and controlled by a certain race. For example, HighHold is not a human hometown. Thurgadin is not a dwarven hometown.

^RZ server rules. It may not be classic, I'm not sure. Either way, though, it was a wonderful mechanic early on and should be included here.

Dfn
11-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Bad mechanics get removed because they are bad mechanics. I played RZ classic until velious and then again after luclin, and I do not remember faction hits. Nice classic quote though... Oh wait nvm thurgadin thurgadin thurgadin. Stop with the blue crusade.

nilbog
01-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Pretty sure these rules were for Vallon Zek, but I think they are cool anyways.

Smedy
01-28-2013, 09:04 AM
This is something i absolutely hated on live, my face when i realized my lvl 30 wizard i had been griefing elfs in gfay with had fucked faction with the elfs was horrible, took me damn 2 months to get to 30 :p

Also biased for elfs since their city was the entire gfay zone!

Nirgon
01-28-2013, 09:48 AM
You tryin' to emulate classic RZ? Nice choice of words!

Aw yeah.

Nirgon
02-16-2015, 02:07 PM
http://s28.postimg.org/gvv0d7n59/cascia01.jpg

"Your faction standing with all elves has gotten worse"

Obviously red names so RZ and this applied to zones with banker in them that were starting cities (ie: no thurg/kael/Over There/FV hits)

RIP The Jacka
02-16-2015, 02:25 PM
Nice

Thyrm
02-17-2015, 01:55 PM
There was another thread about this, but it seems to be gone... this was proven to be true by pulling up patch notes.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

Faction hits on Rallos Zek: Killing a person in one of his or her home cities will cause a faction hit with residents of that city.

Nirgon
02-18-2015, 12:36 PM
MAKE IT SO

Classic RZ server > VZTZ remake with p99 pve content

aborted
02-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Bump

Shutt
03-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Only play on red so I don't know if this is red specific or not so I'll post in both locations. Have been doing the halas gnoll tooth hand in quest. Have handed in enough to lvl from 35 to 37. Increases all halas factions except rogues (white rose). My faction with guards is at warmly, merchants is at amiably, shamans at kindly. They have been there for a long, long time. It makes me think that they are stuck and won't increase, plus my guard faction won't cap max warmly either. The merchants which are at amiably sell me water flasks at 1sp each which I do believe is what I pay for them in Rv (max warmly faction), it is almost as if they are capped but con incorrectly. Is this a know issue or bug? I haven't killed any mobs to get negative hits to off set gains and I haven't changed gear to increase or decrease charisma for purchase price changes either. Thanks for your time.

silo32
04-19-2015, 12:14 PM
faction hits in pvp were sullon zek deity based pvp hardcoded server ONLY

yes pls make this live, and add in NO lvl pvp limit starting at 6

classic

you guys don't remember shit with all the drugs you put through your brian moran

Colgate
04-19-2015, 01:00 PM
these faction hits were not only on sullon zek:

http://s28.postimg.org/gvv0d7n59/cascia01.jpg

"Your faction standing with all elves has gotten worse"

Obviously red names so RZ and this applied to zones with banker in them that were starting cities (ie: no thurg/kael/Over There/FV hits)

http://ralloszek.stephans.org/rz/playerhistory.php?player_name=nuerox

Nirgon
04-19-2015, 01:45 PM
^^^

you guys don't remember shit with all the drugs you put through your brian moran

right back at ya