PDA

View Full Version : Spells: AE spells

PureLo
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Why is it that when there are pets nearby, they still eat a wave of AE damage? This was definitely not classic and has been present on this server for as long as i can remember, so possibly as long as i've been playing which was Feb. 2010 when i started. Will this ever get fixed?

Brinkman
11-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Are you speaking of rain spells? If so, pets ate a single wave of rains all the way till luclin.

If you are talking targeted AoE spells, which has a target limit of 4 mobs, I couldnt tell you. This is normally used in solo "quad kiteing" by wizards and druids so I dont understand why a pet would be involved.

Point Blank Area of Effect spells have no limit on the number of mobs hit so pets wouldnt matter.

Brinkman
11-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Please, when you post in the bug forum, make sure you explain in detail what is the problem you have encountered is. Starting your post with " why" would be an example of what not to do.

While I recall many things from classic as I played since release, I have found that a few of my recollections have been wrong. That said, its all well and good they you remember something to have been a certain way, and you may in fact be correct, but its always best to back it up with some corroborating evidence.

In this paticular circumstance, if you are talking about rain spells, its been discussed many times, pets ate a wave of rain spells for a very long time on live, and will here.