PDA

View Full Version : Beeing a PK

Snukie
11-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I write this post because i find it funny how all this blubies who had a twink on SZ or "owned" the BGs in WoW think they are PK and believe making the server FFA no level limit would make it and them even more hardcore....it will not.

Beeing a pk means you are prepared to hunt down a victim knowing you will get faction loss and one day not be able to use several cities. Right now PK is easy for everyone no faction loss no guard assist. It is nothing special because there is no downside.

Back in the days on VZ there was a hafling rogue with DarkElf Mask who would hide in Neriak. He would pop up in the middle of the bank kill somebody there fast run to the next zone with guard train and a huge tail of angry Ogres , Darkelves and Trolls. They never cought him. I dont remember his first name but his last name was Sneakypants.

On VZ nobody was ready to take faction hits. The "light" races would only fight the "dark" races and Xteamers (Xteamers guilds that had all races in them). There were a few who didnt care. Xteamers (there were only one or two guilds arround) and purist guilds.

I was in a purist guild i would kill anything bigger than dwarf. At the end of the day there were only two cities i could bank. Rivendale and Akanon. At times i would run arround and PvP with hundreds of plat on me.

If you are one of the persons who PvP for the first time on SZ. Dont even try to be hardcore. SZ was the most broken and failed attempt of SOE to make a DAoC like RvR Server.

A hardcore PvP Server isnt the one without rules and consequences. A hardcore PvP Server has rules and consequences for every kill you make. The PK is the one that ignores it.

Thats why i kindly ask for faction hits and guard assist. As it stands now it is too easy to kill someone and too many claim to be something they aren`t.

Chronoburn
11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey Tard, SZ had guard assist. Not sure why you are targeting the SZ folks.

P.S. Been asking for guard assist since day 1 of beta, I could care less about faction.

Sarkhan
11-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Guards should definitely assist and another thing that i believe was on all the pvp servers was the /con system. When you conned someone, if they were in range, they conned white to you. No "threatening" or anything, just white. This was perfect because you couldn't know whether someone was higher lvl than you or lower lvl, you just knew they were in range and it made things interesting.

As it is, most people just run around looking for people who con blue to them. There is no mystery, no challenge and very few "oh shit, i shouldn't have done that" moments because people are only looking for the easy kills of blue con people.

Snukie
11-23-2011, 11:37 AM
*yawn* Yeah and you were already set into teams and knew excatly who you could kill.

Hasha
11-23-2011, 11:38 AM
I dont remember his first name but his last name was Sneakypants.

Wiggo

Snukie
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Yes Wiggo thanks

Chronoburn
11-23-2011, 11:45 AM
*yawn*

If you saw any opposing faction on SZ, they were KOS. Not none of this pussy "HAY YOU PK? no? OK LETS GREWP"

Grento
11-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Are you a bixie RPer?

Blayze
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
You banked in Rivendale??

Did you say whats up to Elrond and Arwen? lulz

Nirgon
11-23-2011, 12:13 PM
While I do have the utmost lowest respect for the "uber SZ'er" that likes to come in here, stfu.

Chronoburn
11-23-2011, 12:24 PM
SZ was a great server, even with the trolling e-thugs.

oldfish
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
SZ was the most broken and failed attempt of SOE to make a DAoC like RvR Server.

If im not mistaken, Sullon Zek was online at least months before DAOC was launched.

Chronoburn
11-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Confirmed, DAoC was not released until after SZ

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 01:13 PM
Wiggo is a VZ legend. Agree entirely with OP, I ruined my faction pretty much everywhere but Kelethin and Felwithe by being a PK (and this was as a Tunare half elf). And I deserved it, trust me! xD

<Illuvitae> for life <333

PhantomRogue
11-23-2011, 02:14 PM
SZ was a great server, even with the trolling e-thugs.

SZ fo Lyfe

Snukie
11-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Wiggo is a VZ legend. Agree entirely with OP, I ruined my faction pretty much everywhere but Kelethin and Felwithe by being a PK (and this was as a Tunare half elf). And I deserved it, trust me! xD

<Illuvitae> for life <333

Har har I do remember when you basterds invaded my Steamfont Mountains. The one and only time i fought 3 of you at once and the only fight i ever had with Ceescrit by the Windmill! Btw VZ old skool is still alive on egads^^

Who cares if SZ was released before DAOC. Everybody knew what DAOC was planning to do. Maybe if SOE had waited after the release they would have made it better. SZ was a lame excuse compared to the personal and in game political mayhem on VZ/TZ and i bet RZ.

Btw Softcore what the hell are you doing in a Anti-PK Guild?

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 02:36 PM
My account was deleted for no reason on egads, and I registered again but the admins there have yet to verify me so I can't even lurk anymore.

EDIT: And stay outta gfay, OP! :mad:

Snukie
11-23-2011, 02:37 PM
You banked in Rivendale??

Did you say whats up to Elrond and Arwen? lulz

Yes and then i introduced them to your mom and they did kinky stuff to her :p

Snukie
11-23-2011, 02:39 PM
My account was deleted for no reason on egads, and I registered again but the admins there have yet to verify me so I can't even lurk anymore.

EDIT: And stay outta gfay, OP! :mad:

I won`t if you wanna find me check out the Peck Tree near the Druid Ring ! It is my home and my castle.

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 02:40 PM

VZ never had anti guilds, unless you count the evil (and racist) crossteamers that discluded darks. I want to experience more of what EQ pvp has to offer, not do the same thing I did 10 years ago.

There's an entirely new and different world out there :P

Snukie
11-23-2011, 02:44 PM
SZ was the shit. Don't get why you're trying to bolster your argument with SZ hate dude.

I dont hate. Im just saying that someone who started playing on SZ and never before played VZ/TZ RZ will ever understand how important it is to get faction hits when killing someone.

Where do i plan to have my base? How many cities do i want to keep open for myself? Which guild do i join and do they fit in my plans etc...it brings a hole new type of dynamic into the game. SZ didnt delivered this everything was fix. It was a different kind of PvP but more or less team based which its actually a non-pk thing.

Snukie
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
VZ never had anti guilds, unless you count the evil (and racist) crossteamers that discluded darks. I want to experience more of what EQ pvp has to offer, not do the same thing I did 10 years ago.

There's an entirely new and different world out there :P

Im pretty sure almost every guild on the "light" side was Anti-PK. The darkiest too. The only PKs were Xteamers and purists.

Dfn
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Confirmed Bluebie. Rz did not have faction hits. No server should ever have faction hits. Guard assist is classic and fine. Faction hits is a scrub ass blue way of trying to force bluedom on a red server. Want blue? Play P99 blue.

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Im pretty sure almost every guild on the "light" side was Anti-PK. The darkiest too. The only PKs were Xteamers and purists.

I suppose. I certainly called them all bluebies often enough :P

Though I did respect dark team. Either way, I was purist until my 50s, then I went xteam to continue KoSing the server (in raid gear!), so anti is a different playstyle for me and I'm loving it.

Come to the light side, Snukie! We have cookies!

georgie
11-23-2011, 02:50 PM
still living in the past

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 03:13 PM
still living in the past

Aren't we all? :P

Humerox
11-23-2011, 03:28 PM
We have cookies!

Hmmm...is this who I think it is?

:)

Snukie
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Confirmed Bluebie. Rz did not have faction hits. No server should ever have faction hits. Guard assist is classic and fine. Faction hits is a scrub ass blue way of trying to force bluedom on a red server. Want blue? Play P99 blue.

Hehe you werent tough enough for VZ/TZ :D

Karrmer
11-23-2011, 03:56 PM
I dont hate. Im just saying that someone who started playing on SZ and never before played VZ/TZ RZ will ever understand how important it is to get faction hits when killing someone.

Where do i plan to have my base? How many cities do i want to keep open for myself? Which guild do i join and do they fit in my plans etc...it brings a hole new type of dynamic into the game. SZ didnt delivered this everything was fix. It was a different kind of PvP but more or less team based which its actually a non-pk thing.

SZ didn't need faction hits because cities were decided based on which faction owned them, since anyone on the opposing faction was going to attack you the second they saw you 99% of the time, making it an actual PvP server unlike the X-teaming and sissy shit going on with TZ/VZ. Mad? Making it so you could never group with the opposing factions meant there was never anything to lose for killing them - you didn't potentially lose out on someone you could X-team with like a nerd.

Also, being able to train created the most ridiculous wars and situations. TZ/VZ confirmed bluebie shit with rules

Dfn
11-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Hehe you werent tough enough for VZ/TZ :D

Item loot server and no rules exp loss server. Have fun with your quasi-pvp roleplaying experience.

VanEyck
11-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Yay, I'm kos everywhere for defending myself, that's so cool!!! Not.

In case you haven't noticed this is not a team based pvp server

Snukie
11-23-2011, 04:06 PM
So big balls pk wannabes are afraid of faction loss...cuz oh noes faction hits takes away my pve

Dfn
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM
So big balls pk wannabes are afraid of faction loss...cuz oh noes faction hits takes away my pve
Faction hits make it less likely you will be attacked in cities. People fighting in cities eventually become kos creating even less pvp and hampering their pve side.

Just get guard assist and use that. If you want a server that protects you from those mean people that want to hurt you in cities, then you should play on p99 blue. I heard you were fully protected there.

Snukie
11-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Did you even read what i wrote? It is to easy to kill ppl. There is no challenge. I just sit in the cities and kill ppl passing by. Yesterday alone i killed a dozen player. There is no challenge no tactic nothing. Right now it is as challenging as playing RIFT or AOC or any other so called "open PvP" mmos. PKs in M59, UO (pre Trammel) and EQ1 where PK games. There rest ist just PvP.

Truth
11-23-2011, 04:29 PM
lots of blue tears itt

Dfn
11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Did you even read what i wrote? It is to easy to kill ppl. There is no challenge. I just sit in the cities and kill ppl passing by. Yesterday alone i killed a dozen player. There is no challenge no tactic nothing. Right now it is as challenging as playing RIFT or AOC or any other so called "open PvP" mmos. PKs in M59, UO (pre Trammel) and EQ1 where PK games. There rest ist just PvP.

Faction hits mean you sit at the zoneline tk the city and kill noobs. Or at a dungeon. Or anywhere else with traffic. It does not make it challenging, it makes it city pvp extinct.

Cities have guards and once they are working you'll have your "challenge' (protection) while not eliminating pvp im cities. Stop whining blue trash.

Grento
11-23-2011, 04:59 PM
RZ had far superior RL drama. Everyone knows RL drama < the game.

*cough* adell *cough*

Snukie
11-23-2011, 05:42 PM
RZ had far superior RL drama. Everyone knows RL drama < the game.

*cough* adell *cough*

VZ made it on wired magazine. Gold farming was invented on VZ. The battles against <Twelve Prophets> were huge even on a personal level.

http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/magazine/16-12/ff_ige?currentPage=1

Quote: " By then he was rising to prominence in Vallon Zek's premier guild, Twelve Prophets, led by Swiss 18-year-old Alan Debonneville, who in addition to managing the guild was selling EverQuest items and currency on the side. "I was in charge of the market on my server," Debonneville says. "I would net $6,000 to $8,000 per month."

To do this they had to lock down the Dungeons for all other guilds. The battles were brutal using any kind of tactic there is.

There was no drama like on VZ

Grento
11-23-2011, 06:06 PM
VZ made it on wired magazine. Gold farming was invented on VZ. The battles against <Twelve Prophets> were huge even on a personal level.

http://www.wired.com/gaming/virtualworlds/magazine/16-12/ff_ige?currentPage=1

Quote: " By then he was rising to prominence in Vallon Zek's premier guild, Twelve Prophets, led by Swiss 18-year-old Alan Debonneville, who in addition to managing the guild was selling EverQuest items and currency on the side. "I was in charge of the market on my server," Debonneville says. "I would net $6,000 to $8,000 per month."

To do this they had to lock down the Dungeons for all other guilds. The battles were brutal using any kind of tactic there is.

There was no drama like on VZ

That’s in game drama and someone selling shit. I’m talking about shit like people fucking nasty pigs from the server at meet ups, real life fights over in game stuff etc. We just find different shit funny bro, RZ was filled with a bunch of people that took shit seriously IRL and that lead to epic meltdowns and crying. Not saying it was more hardcore than SZ, relax. For all I know it could have had the same antics but I don’t really care either way.

Snukie
11-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Nor do I...after all it is just a game :p

Grento
11-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Nor do I...after all it is just a game :p

NO MOTHER FUCKER ITS IRL

Chronoburn
11-23-2011, 06:43 PM
If you played on RZ, RZ was the best server.
If you played on SZ, SZ was the best server.
If you played on TZ, TZ was the best server.
If you played on VZ, VZ was the best server.

Btw, Sam Da Man Deathwalker, the legend of EQ is from SZ. nuff said

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 06:48 PM

Btw, Sam Da Man Deathwalker, the legend of EQ is from SZ. nuff said

But seriously. VZ was best server :P

Chronoburn
11-23-2011, 06:50 PM
But seriously. VZ was best server :P

Nope

Vile
11-23-2011, 06:57 PM
ayro

Combobreaker
11-23-2011, 06:58 PM
sam deathwalker is a weird dude irl

Giopawa
11-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Rofl, Rallos Zek was real pvp. Gearless PvP.
You LOST gear and cash when you died.

Snukie
11-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Who?

Jadian
11-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Har har I do remember when you basterds invaded my Steamfont Mountains. The one and only time i fought 3 of you at once and the only fight i ever had with Ceescrit by the Windmill! Btw VZ old skool is still alive on egads^^

Who cares if SZ was released before DAOC. Everybody knew what DAOC was planning to do. Maybe if SOE had waited after the release they would have made it better. SZ was a lame excuse compared to the personal and in game political mayhem on VZ/TZ and i bet RZ.

Daaamn old school. I miss Illuvitae.

Softcore PK
11-23-2011, 11:31 PM
I miss the days when Norrath feared the faeries :(

Chronoburn
11-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Rofl, Rallos Zek was real pvp. Gearless PvP.
You LOST gear and cash when you died.

Except nobody wore gear, wore no drops, or bagged like champs.

Zallar
11-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Who?

http://www.samdeathwalker.com/

FEAR THE DEATHWALKER!

hotstud
11-24-2011, 05:43 AM

Discord was the best server. Perma death, full corpse loot, and everyone used MQ2. It was so fucking hardcore Sony only left it up for 1-2 months before it had to be pulled down because so many people commit suicide.

Pyronost
11-24-2011, 05:58 AM
I write this post because i find it funny how all this blubies who had a twink on SZ or "owned" the BGs in WoW think they are PK and believe making the server FFA no level limit would make it and them even more hardcore....it will not.

Beeing a pk means you are prepared to hunt down a victim knowing you will get faction loss and one day not be able to use several cities. Right now PK is easy for everyone no faction loss no guard assist. It is nothing special because there is no downside.

Back in the days on VZ there was a hafling rogue with DarkElf Mask who would hide in Neriak. He would pop up in the middle of the bank kill somebody there fast run to the next zone with guard train and a huge tail of angry Ogres , Darkelves and Trolls. They never cought him. I dont remember his first name but his last name was Sneakypants.

On VZ nobody was ready to take faction hits. The "light" races would only fight the "dark" races and Xteamers (Xteamers guilds that had all races in them). There were a few who didnt care. Xteamers (there were only one or two guilds arround) and purist guilds.

I was in a purist guild i would kill anything bigger than dwarf. At the end of the day there were only two cities i could bank. Rivendale and Akanon. At times i would run arround and PvP with hundreds of plat on me.

If you are one of the persons who PvP for the first time on SZ. Dont even try to be hardcore. SZ was the most broken and failed attempt of SOE to make a DAoC like RvR Server.

A hardcore PvP Server isnt the one without rules and consequences. A hardcore PvP Server has rules and consequences for every kill you make. The PK is the one that ignores it.

Thats why i kindly ask for faction hits and guard assist. As it stands now it is too easy to kill someone and too many claim to be something they aren`t.

May I point you up to your URL good sir, and question what server yours seems to belong to?

Softcore PK
11-24-2011, 06:05 AM
May I point you up to your URL good sir, and question what server yours seems to belong to?

What are you asking?

Snukie
11-24-2011, 11:57 AM
I show Server pride :-D