PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Go Into Fullscreen Mode

Eabon
11-22-2011, 10:51 PM
**Every** time I try to go into fullscreen from windowed mode, my Everquest game will freeze.

There is no error message;
The Everquest window just goes black and locks up;
The only way to get out of it is ctrl-alt-delete

Note that I'm using a Windows 7 Partition on a Macbook Pro.

I've tried changing resolutions in windows and in game, switching and switching back and then trying to change between Windows/Fullscreen;
And I've tried a lot of other things that my friend that actually knows about Windows ran me through. Can't seem to stop freezing

Note that this isn't the thing where there's a 20-30% chance of the game crashing when switching from Windows-->Fullscreen or Fullscreen-->Windows.
100% of the time I try to switch from Windows to Fullscreen the game freezes. The game will only work in Windows, and I can't get into fullscreen at all.

Thanks.

Any ideas?

Oh, and sorry if I'm reposting an old issue. I had a search through the forums and I couldn't find any fix to this particular problem. Thanks.

Zugbug
11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
try undateing your screen resolution in game after you go full screen, (under video modestab) my problem was after i went fullscreen it would be ok untill i click outside where my window (in windowed mode) would of ended. i hope this helps

-zug

Eabon
11-22-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the reply, Zug,

I wish that I could try and implement your suggestion, but I can't!
And that's because I can't get into Fullscreen whatsoever,
100% of the time I try to switch from Windows --> Fullscreen, EQ freezes entirely.

Droll
11-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Try making the video resolution smaller in the EQ client file.

Maybe something like...

[VideoMode]
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=800
Width=1280
Height=800
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=800

Scratch&Sniff
11-22-2011, 11:30 PM
this stuff works

http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=4