PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age anyone?

Vangorr_WAR
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Anyone here play Dragonage? I have been playing a ton since the server is down. Was wondering if anyone else is doing the same?

Loretta
04-08-2010, 06:34 AM
I played it pretty relentlessly when it was released - Got my game done in about 40 hours - It was one of my favorite play-throughs of all time in a RPG. Loved it. I think its neat how bioware integrated a stats page for you to see others progress.

Heres Mine w/a link to my albums there and screenshots in-game.

http://social.bioware.com/104719/albums/66131

ssyrax
04-08-2010, 06:45 AM
I have been getting back into it since the server went down. I think its a great game, and lots of replayability. woo woo. Dalish Rogue FTW.

Omnimorph
04-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Lesbian sex scene with the nude models patch ftw :p

Excision Rottun
04-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I think I am still in the Mage Tower on my first playthrough.

Elven Mage, I got Shale from the DLC, he is a bad ass tank. Way cooler than that pussy Alister.

I have been playing Darksiders on XBOX since the server went down.

And a little bit on EZ server, it is interesting to say the least.

Shannacore
04-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Yarrr, I have about 25 hours invested in to it. Haven't played in a few months though.

Vanech
04-08-2010, 06:02 PM
My roommate has played DA non stop for the last six months or so... probably close to six hours a day on average.

She's actually played so much of it that I have completely lost my desire to play, as I've basically experienced everything by now -.-

Vangorr_WAR
04-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Yeah Dragon age is no Eq classic , but it is fun and has a great story. I have every piece of lore from Codex printed out in a 3 ring Binder , along with screenshots. I take scrapbooks of my games. The ones I have from everquest back in the day are good times. Great things to relive those remember Eq Expierences. I even have one for P99 as well =)

Hasbinbad
04-09-2010, 02:02 AM
This Dragon Age?

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/162245-dragonage.jpg
http://www.joystickdivision.com/zevran.jpg
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/363276-dragon_age_origins_introduces_first_ever_homosexua l_sex_scene_computer_game.jpg

mudvayne1812
04-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Those Screenshots from your first play through Hasbin?

Vangorr_WAR
04-09-2010, 02:19 AM
No not that dragonage :(

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Dragonage was pretty awesome, and some of the projects people are coming up with for custom content suggest that the actual game will be forever playable (or up till DA2) but the best thing DA did for me was fill in the void whilst i was waiting for MASS EFFECT 2!!!

I didn't really like the orzammar bit of the game though :/ damn filthy dwarves...

Hasbinbad
04-09-2010, 01:32 PM
No not that dragonage :(
Yes, THAT dragon age.

Crow
04-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I started the expansion last night, not really sure how I feel about it yet. The carry-over character they chose kinda irritated me, and the new party members are lackluster. Would have rather had the more prominent characters from the last campaign be available.

The voice acting is also getting on my nerves, seems like it was an afterthought this time around. It's just like Murdock in Redcliffe and his ridiculous inconsistent accent, everything seems pieced together sloppily.

I haven't played far enough yet to comment on the storyline yet.

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I started the expansion last night, not really sure how I feel about it yet. The carry-over character they chose kinda irritated me, and the new party members are lackluster. Would have rather had the more prominent characters from the last campaign be available.

The voice acting is also getting on my nerves, seems like it was an afterthought this time around. It's just like Murdock in Redcliffe and his ridiculous inconsistent accent, everything seems pieced together sloppily.

I haven't played far enough yet to comment on the storyline yet.

it was the *dwarf* wasn't it? the carry over char? he was one of my least favourite char's too... should have carried leliana over. ¬_¬

Crow
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
gimli

Haha, AND MY AXE! Yeah, was Oghren, the stereotypical dwarf.
Yeah, having Liliana and the others would be great. It feels as if the last campaign didn't even happen. Alistair did have a quick cameo where he kind of nodded at my character like, "hello wife" and that was that. It was at that point where I wish I had run off with Liliana ;p

mudvayne1812
04-09-2010, 05:16 PM
I never got around to beating Dragon Age... The fact that Mages were OP just sort of killed it for me *shrug

Jify
04-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I never got around to beating Dragon Age... The fact that Mages were OP just sort of killed it for me *shrug

I got to the end, tried to kill the dragon like 100202002020 times (I didn't kill the general) and gave up! (was playing as a rogue).

Playing through at the moment with a mage, super easy street. Lightning Storm + Blizzard = pwnage.

:D

StinkyGreenBud
04-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Would of completed and enjoyed the game more if the goddamned loading wasn't so long. Killed it for me.

mudvayne1812
04-09-2010, 10:27 PM
I got to the end, tried to kill the dragon like 100202002020 times (I didn't kill the general) and gave up! (was playing as a rogue).

Playing through at the moment with a mage, super easy street. Lightning Storm + Blizzard = pwnage.

I might roll a mage just to bs. I tend to try and do every little quest, collect every crappy item, and follow every misc dialogue thread, but just end up getting burnt out.

Crow
04-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I might roll a mage just to bs. I tend to try and do every little quest, collect every crappy item, and follow every misc dialogue thread, but just end up getting burnt out.

^ This. I'm such a perfectionist I try to unlock every chest, explore every area, make as much gold as possible, basically do everything possible in my play throughs .. I end up getting ridiculously burnt out before I even get to the Landsmeet. So alts are kind of out, although creating new characters with the mods are pretty damn fun.

Vangorr_WAR
04-12-2010, 01:55 AM
During getting drunk after a horrable day at work. I played through dragonage and decided to pick up shale. During this I ended up choosing the wrong dialog when encountering Shale with the control rod. I ended up killing him now I can't get him =/ , but man It was fun that night I was drunk hahaha

Crow
04-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Post your characters! Meet Nimtai, my Dalish Assassin/Ranger:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/sekhet719/th_Nimtai.jpg (http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/sekhet719/?action=view&current=Nimtai.jpg)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/sekhet719/th_Nimtai1.jpg (http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/sekhet719/?action=view&current=Nimtai1.jpg)

I use mods and altered how Morrigan and Zev look. All the armor is custom, and I also use one that puts Dog in a pet slot instead of having him take up a party slot.

Shannacore
04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
During getting drunk after a horrable day at work. I played through dragonage and decided to pick up shale. During this I ended up choosing the wrong dialog when encountering Shale with the control rod. I ended up killing him now I can't get him =/ , but man It was fun that night I was drunk hahaha

Hahahah!

Excision Rottun
04-14-2010, 10:59 AM

Sounds like me in all games.

That is the reason why I have yet to finish Dragon Age, Mass Effect, or Darksiders.

Haven't even started Mass Effect 2 but it's on my PC.

Omnimorph
04-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Sounds like me in all games.

That is the reason why I have yet to finish Dragon Age, Mass Effect, or Darksiders.

Haven't even started Mass Effect 2 but it's on my PC.

Mass effect is possibly my MOST FAVOURITE (yep, that's right) game of all time. I just think the universe it's set in is freakin' awesome. Beats star wars hands down.

If anyone likes the game, they should get the books ME:Ascension and revelation. Entertaining read.