PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Old Republic

skorge
11-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Just got an email to beta test it this morning. Downloading the game (patch) now.

Diggles
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I just got an invite, but the website refuses to load for some reason. Keeps saying connection interrupted

Diggles
11-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Okay, got the launcher installed but I can't log on due to some region looping mumbo jumbo and I have to finalize my account BUT their website is down for maintenance for that part.

skorge
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
yea i had those hiccups too, somehow managed to get it working...its a huge file tho, lol..prob wont be playing until tonite; some friends told me its okay but its nothing new as far ass mmo's go.

Diggles
11-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I heard you can't log in till friday, just forum jabber though. Yeah, file size is huge

dalaimoc
11-23-2011, 03:34 AM
You can log in. I had the same issues and they were due to heavy traffic on their website. Was downloading client overnight (european time), size is around 20 Gig.

Diggles
11-23-2011, 03:41 AM
I meant log into the game, I have everything downloaded

Slave
11-23-2011, 03:43 AM
yea i had those hiccups too, somehow managed to get it working...its a huge file tho, lol..prob wont be playing until tonite; some friends told me its okay but its nothing new as far ass mmo's go.

Damn dude haven't you been paying attention for the last 18 months? Every single thing I've heard about that game is shit. And that's not even mentioning that it's pay-to-play and who the fuck is stupid enough to do that anymore?

We finally got a beta invite and I'll play it till I have to pay for it, and shit all over their forums Old Man Withers style. "Back in my day, we had to walk through 5 feet of snow to get to Orc Hill. Uphill. Both ways! And we were THANKFUL."

dalaimoc
11-23-2011, 03:47 AM
I heard you can't log in till friday, just forum jabber though. Yeah, file size is huge

Yeah, it is a Beta-Weekend. So you can play from maybe Friday to Monday morning if you are lucky.

Gwence
11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
Bioware has yet to make a bad game in my opinion, but this is the first time they have tried to tackle the world of MMO.

In any case they get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, I hope this game is a success.

Nikon
11-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I played the last weekend beta and it was pretty interesting. The story is really what drives this game which I love. I played on the Sith side last beta weekend so going to go Jedi-style this weekend. The mechanics seemed okay, and the gameplay is pretty common to most mmo's nowadays from what I've seen. I got two betas for this weekend and a few of my friends will be on as well if anyone wants to roll on the same server with us. It will probably go from some time on Friday to midnight CST on Sunday/Monday again, then only a couple more weeks until release. Did anyone else pre-order?

Diggles
11-23-2011, 02:29 PM
From what i've seen from the game, it looks amazing. The questing/leveling part of the game seems like it's straight out of KoTOR/Mass Effect with other people running around. Talking to NPCs has a radial menu for speech

EDIT: Ding 800

Diggles
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
The only real thing that concerns me is how you get locked into a specialization after level 10. It seems like a rip of DAoC, I'm not complaining about it but I hope they have the character slots for it. I know I'm going to want both smuggler classes and both jedi knight classes right off the bat

Killua
11-24-2011, 02:53 AM
I haven't been able to log into the game or the website for over a week because they implemented a security questions feature that's not working properly, even though I enter my answer to the question correctly it tells me it isn't right lol. I've talked to them on the phone twice and it still isn't fixed, I asked them to just delete the question because people on the forums indicated that that fixed the problem for them (because it then gives them one of the other questions), but they're like "no, that would likely cause more problems".

I'll try again after the Holiday perhaps.

Razdeline
11-24-2011, 03:54 AM
Its a good game. I have been alpha testing it for a while now.

That being said it is not conventional because it follows the Bioware ethos of story. The stories are very compelling and worth doing. If you were into the Knights of the Old Republic RPG's (which were amazing) then I would definitely recommend this for you.

The MMO element is there, with some tweaking to make it fit into the RPG core.

P.S. The NDA is down right now so you can check out some livestreams of the game at own3d.com. (a lot of the streams have been laggy, but it is not that way in game)

Diggles
11-24-2011, 04:04 AM
i'm just mad i got these cheezo beta stress test invites instead of a full access pass :[

oldhead
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
i've been beta testing SWTOR for the last 6 or so months.
I'm burnt.. just waiting for its release now. Nother 16 ish days =)