PDA

View Full Version : Best gear for a Shaman Tweak?

VincentVolaju
04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Assuming I was going to tweak a Shaman with some of the best classic gear possible, what would some of the main pieces be?

Fraud
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
probably crystal meth.

mrgoochio
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
lol totemic isn't a bad choice with the assorted high lvl camped gear from lguk solb etc?

Mordachai
04-07-2010, 09:29 PM
tweaking definitely requires meth. otherwise, you're probably doing it wrong.

VincentVolaju
04-07-2010, 09:36 PM
What about a Monk? What are the best weapons for a monk, and best armor pieces in Classic for a Monk? =D

Mordachai
04-07-2010, 09:39 PM
enamelled black mace, or H2H. armor i don't know, something light like cured silk so you stay under weight limit.

Spud
04-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I dunno about tweaking, but if you want to twink your shaman the BEST gear would be: Rubi BP, Paw of Opolla, GEBS, manastone, PKT

Wenai
04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
It depends on what you want to go for and how much PP you have to spend...

Some people like pure mana, some people like pure hit points, and some like a balance...

As far as it goes for an affordable build I would go with:

Earring - Jasper Gold Earring x2 (Ivandyr's Hoop if you aren't Barb)
Neck - Chrysoberyl Talisman
Face - Platinum Ruby Veil
Head - Totemic Helm
Fingers - Platinum Fire Wedding Rings x2
Wrist - Runed Mithril Bracers
Hands - Split Paw? I honestly used Rubi/Totemic over them :p
Arms - Platinum Armband/Hollowed Bone Bracers
Shoulders - Lizardscale Mantle/Prayer Cloth of Tunare
Chest - Bloodstained Tunic/Mithril Runed Tunic/Foreman's Tunic
Back - Mammoth Hide Cloak/Hooded Black Cloak
Waist - Flayed Turmoil Skin Belt/Reed Belt
Legs - Gatorscale Leggings
Boots - GEBs obv. Totemic/Wolf Fur Slippers if you can't afford.
Primary - Paw of Opolla
Secondary - Charred Guardian Shield
Range - Ebon War Spear

snifs
04-07-2010, 11:06 PM
What about a Monk? What are the best weapons for a monk, and best armor pieces in Classic for a Monk? =D

Enameled Black Maces
Wu's armor or Cured Silk if your poor

bionicbadger
04-08-2010, 12:39 AM
I dunno about tweaking, but if you want to twink your shaman the BEST gear would be: Rubi BP, Paw of Opolla, GEBS, manastone, PKT

what the hell does a shaman need a manastone for?

VincentVolaju
04-08-2010, 12:43 AM
How about for a Warrior now, lol =P Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out which class's to tweak =D

Im guessing for warrior, ssoy x2 for weapons? and a cloak of flames? What else though for the other pieces of armor??

mudvayne1812
04-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Stop it. The term is "twink." You're killin' me bro.

Let me put some dictionary references down for you.

Tweak
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tweak

Twink (Scroll down because the first definition is actually talking about Karsten)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Twink

VincentVolaju
04-08-2010, 01:02 AM
"An attractive, boyish-looking, young gay man. The stereotypical twink is 18-22, slender with little or no body hair, often blonde, dresses in club wear even at 10:00 AM, and is not particularly intelligent. A twink is the gay answer to the blonde bimbo cheerleader. "

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, yeah ok "twink" =) Whats the best "twink" gear for a warrior?

mudvayne1812
04-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Heres a link to a previous gear thread. It doesn't go too terribly much into warrior, but it might answer some of your future questions before they're even asked =p

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2208

Helnam
04-08-2010, 03:54 AM
IMO use get a darksea Harpoon and melee for the first 15ish levels. Or maybe a guild is selling a shaman spiritualist hammer and blow you load on that. make a barb and the game will be easy post 30 heh.

Kanor
04-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Twink means submissve gay person where I'm from hollaaaaaaaaaa

Omnimorph
04-08-2010, 07:56 AM
When i first started eq in classic i heard the term tweak a lot more. Then twink sort of became the vogue... so yeah, let's go with twink.

Skope
04-08-2010, 08:54 AM
you shouldn't need over 170-180 wis on a shaman in the kunark/velious era, because chances are if your wis is that high you're doing it wrong. You'll need hp/sta and AC gear. 5/55 rings, darksea harpoon, couple useful pieces of totemic. it's probably one of the easiest classes to twink, unfortunately you'll also end up paying a wad of cash just to buy your best spells/gear later on: JBB/Torpor,etc

I've seen a lot of shamans walking around stacking wis gear, knowing that they'll outright get rid of a lot of it come kunark or they'll be hampered drastically in their play. shaman melee isn't bad, particularly considering you get to self-haste + stat buffs. At low levels you do decent melee damage and at higher levels you'll waste more mana reapplying root then you will healing yourself to take something down (remember you have slow) so you'll want to melee anyway.

My point is, don't listen to anybody who tells you to buy a paw of oppala and put it in primary. It's absolutely stupid and makes no sense whatsoever. you'd actually be better off buying your shaman an FBSS than you would be buying a paw of oppala or any other non 1hp/1hb in primary. as a shaman you'll always be casting cannibalize, and with the regen spells your mana and hp will regen (and should regen) at roughly the same level, regardless of whether you need to throw a single heal on yourself during/after the fight. come kunark (and velious even more so) it'll be these people who are stacking wis who will be left in the dust while you're soloing dragons with relative ease.

Learn to play your class, and if you haven't played the class don't go giving advice!

Dabamf
04-08-2010, 09:14 AM
you should definitely buy a cloak of flames for the warrior, and you should probably get a blade of carnage also for mainhand, and sceptre of destruction for offhand

Helnam
04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
nah nah.. I would first level a warrior to 46, get him full planar gear and de-level him back to 6. then get your cloak of flames/carnage/scepter. I mean unless you want a pussy twink.. err tweak.

Ferok
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
nah nah.. I would first level a warrior to 46, get him full planar gear and de-level him back to 6. then get your cloak of flames/carnage/scepter. I mean unless you want a pussy twink.. err tweak.

Or just get some cobalt.

Spud
04-08-2010, 06:00 PM
what the hell does a shaman need a manastone for?

because theres 0 casting time unlike with cannabalize.

not crucial but he said he was curious about the best classic gear possible

Bentheb
04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
you shouldn't need over 170-180 wis on a shaman in the kunark/velious era, because chances are if your wis is that high you're doing it wrong. You'll need hp/sta and AC gear. 5/55 rings, darksea harpoon, couple useful pieces of totemic. it's probably one of the easiest classes to twink, unfortunately you'll also end up paying a wad of cash just to buy your best spells/gear later on: JBB/Torpor,etc

I've seen a lot of shamans walking around stacking wis gear, knowing that they'll outright get rid of a lot of it come kunark or they'll be hampered drastically in their play. shaman melee isn't bad, particularly considering you get to self-haste + stat buffs. At low levels you do decent melee damage and at higher levels you'll waste more mana reapplying root then you will healing yourself to take something down (remember you have slow) so you'll want to melee anyway.

My point is, don't listen to anybody who tells you to buy a paw of oppala and put it in primary. It's absolutely stupid and makes no sense whatsoever. you'd actually be better off buying your shaman an FBSS than you would be buying a paw of oppala or any other non 1hp/1hb in primary. as a shaman you'll always be casting cannibalize, and with the regen spells your mana and hp will regen (and should regen) at roughly the same level, regardless of whether you need to throw a single heal on yourself during/after the fight. come kunark (and velious even more so) it'll be these people who are stacking wis who will be left in the dust while you're soloing dragons with relative ease.

Learn to play your class, and if you haven't played the class don't go giving advice!

i agree sorta, if you are setting up for all solo.

but its kinda a balance if you are going to group.
Hp on a shaman=mana though in the long run.

Skope lets go duo Gnome gaurds once the server comes back up!

Eastwood
04-08-2010, 11:55 PM
I like Skope's advice especially since it would not cost nearly as much to twink and take level 50 items out of the economy for twink dipshits to use.

Sounds like a good route to go for a level 1-40 shaman gear wise anyways.

Helnam
04-09-2010, 02:28 AM
I don't even really see the purpose of max hp/mana for leveling anyways. Unless you're quad kyting or something. But pretty much at all times in a group as a shaman you should never be full health/mana or you're doing something wrong (or no mobs to pull). so focus on stuff that makes you more efficient like ruby bp or just high ac items and a weapon of course.