PDA

View Full Version : Hacking...

Caravelle1
11-22-2011, 02:52 AM
I've played a few other PvP servers, and on them there was blatant hacking. No matter where you were in any zone, people without track would B line for you.

At least so far, I am happy that this server seems to be showEQ free, even when PKers are in the zone, they have trouble finding you if you put forth effort into hiding.

Hope this stays true :)

Bazia
11-22-2011, 02:56 AM
When doing the thex dagger bracelet turn in myself and a friend were both mysteriously "crashed and booted to log-in" 2 minutes before the princess popped while trying to compete for turn in with Gosu from IF.

Was really weird because it was just me and my friend who crashed, and I wasn't even IP blocked from logging back into the server (I have never crashed without being IP blocked for at least a minute or two)

Make your own opinion, but was extremely odd and an amazing coincidence.

Doors
11-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Ya this will change when raid targets are contested for don't worry.

Crenshinabon
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Cant imagine people willing to risk a super hard earned level 50 just to use some second party program. THe way Rogean has been finding people seems pretty epic.

Knuckle
11-22-2011, 03:19 PM
When doing the thex dagger bracelet turn in myself and a friend were both mysteriously "crashed and booted to log-in" 2 minutes before the princess popped while trying to compete for turn in with Gosu from IF.

Was really weird because it was just me and my friend who crashed, and I wasn't even IP blocked from logging back into the server (I have never crashed without being IP blocked for at least a minute or two)

if this is true hope they find out what programs the swedes are using to abuse this server

Mardur
11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Gosu confirmed acker PK this scum of the earth

UrsusMajor
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/15209345/view/1/producttypecolor/2/type/png/width/280/height/280/hack-the-planet-hoodie_design.png

boozehammer
11-23-2011, 05:43 AM
huh.. I seem to have come across one of these 'amazing coincidences' earlier tonight as well..

I met up with a group of pks that I've had run-ins with for the entire life of this server. Anyway, recently I've been outleveling them and they had set up camp in town. Decided to try a run to the bank since I was meeting someone and the very second they saw me, my game started crashing. Saw they started to engage me, the game froze, and I closed out. Came back and I wasn't dead, thankfully.

But if this is a form of cheat, I mean how pathetic do you need to be? You already have me outnumbered 3-4 to one, for christ's sake. I don't know if this was just dumb luck or what, but if this happens again, I'll be sure to report it. My internet was working fine before, during, and after this 'event'.

Crenshinabon
11-23-2011, 06:06 AM
Doubt it Booze. Sounds like you comp crapped out on you.

Bazia
11-23-2011, 06:38 AM
What was so weird was that in my instance my friend and I both crashed but nobody else did, Gosu claimed it was because we were "spam clicking for turn-in" which we were not.

Also the lack of IP block upon return is strange, never have I not been IP blocked after a crash.

Silikten
11-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Nah Cren. Whenever something bad happens its definitely not user error or pc error. It's always the person closest to you. Learn a lesson man, sheesh.

p.s. ppl stfu about hacks. IT AINT HAPPENIN HERE.

Bazia
11-23-2011, 06:46 AM
p.s. ppl stfu about hacks. IT AINT HAPPENIN HERE.

Yup 2 individual people crash at the same time but not anybody else in zone, right before competing for quest turn-ins.

Never said it was hacks, just an extremely strange situation at a specific time people who look up this thread might be interested in.

This is a forum for people to talk about this server, don't read the fucking threads if you don't like people's opinions.

Null
11-23-2011, 06:54 AM
This is a forum for people to talk about this server, don't read the fucking threads if you don't like people's opinions.

http://glassrepaircolumbus.com/Library/website-images/custom_mirror.jpg

Bazia
11-23-2011, 07:01 AM
http://glassrepaircolumbus.com/Library/website-images/custom_mirror.jpg

Confirmed.

Juugox2
11-23-2011, 11:17 AM
these guys are good guys they wont allow hacking unlike Sony :P hahahhhahahahhah

DeadlyApostle
11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
A lot of people called hax through the years when their client would crash when fighting some1 in pvp.. The most likely cause is that you have a corrupt eq file for either one of the spell graphics or a piece of armor they are wearing causing you to crash when trying to render them.

TLDR : Reinstall EQ and STFU.

nilbog
11-23-2011, 11:55 AM
@hackers. http://splicd.com/jlbotqux0Dg/113/129

Kelsar
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I know for fact that a client can force another to go LD and jack their connection for a minute or so. Someone needs to speak up and share it so the dev team can make an attempt to remove it. I believe it's something that is hardcoded into the emu; I've never used it but I know for fact people currently playing have access to it and have used it in the past. I too have also had one of these amazing encounters on red99- while in pvp ... So don't be too quick to call people newb or full of poop.. It does exist and we have many smart people playing this game

Nirgon
11-23-2011, 01:49 PM
many smart people playing this game

Mardur
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
PCs/servers/connections never lag. 100% confirmed ackers.