PDA

View Full Version : Most touching gift?

Uthgaard
11-21-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm interested in hearing stories. What's the most touching thing someone has ever given you or done for you? Doesn't have to just be Christmas or come in a box. Maybe it was something you did together. I'm looking at the underlying themes for ideas.

What stuck with you that will always make you smile when you think back on it?

Hasbinbad
11-21-2011, 07:11 PM
*bites back Penn State "touching gifts" jokes*

I was 6 or 7 years old, and one of my brother's older friends gave me the leather jacket off his back because I said it was so cool. Sort of in the tradition of Arab peoples. That's my favorite form of gift-giving. Giving up something of my own because my guest covets it. Really shows you value people more than things.

Diggles
11-21-2011, 07:34 PM
A few years ago my dad gave me his '78 Vintage Tele for Christmas. I swore he loved that thing to the end of the world. Cleaned it up and wrapped it literally a couple hours after midnight.

Humerox
11-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I was standing in line at a grocery store one Thanksgiving (many moons ago) with a package of bologna and a loaf of bread. A couple was in front of me, and we chatted a bit while waiting. They asked me about the bread and bologna, and I told them things were a bit tight.

The woman left the line saying she "forgot a few things"...and came back with a Turkey and a few other items. When I rang through, the cashier said that the couple in front of me had written a note that told her to give me the bags they had left behind...which included the Turkey, a pie and a bunch of other stuff. They did all that without saying a word to me about it, and were gone when I got outside.

I have paid that forward...more than once.

Aadill
11-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I was standing in line at a grocery store one Thanksgiving (many moons ago) with a package of bologna and a loaf of bread. A couple was in front of me, and we chatted a bit while waiting. They asked me about the bread and bologna, and I told them things were a bit tight.

The woman left the line saying she "forgot a few things"...and came back with a Turkey and a few other items. When I rang through, the cashier said that the couple in front of me had written a note that told her to give me the bags they had left behind...which included the Turkey, a pie and a bunch of other stuff. They did all that without saying a word to me about it, and were gone when I got outside.

I have paid that forward...more than once.

I LOVE doing this. it feels a little strange at first when you are the recipient of it but then you get all warm and fuzzy inside. Giving that warm fuzzy to someone else is even more exhilerating.

deathgirl
11-22-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm interested in hearing stories. What's the most touching thing someone has ever given you or done for you? Doesn't have to just be Christmas or come in a box. Maybe it was something you did together. I'm looking at the underlying themes for ideas.

What stuck with you that will always make you smile when you think back on it?

I've never gotten a thoughtful gift, ergo I am deathgirl.

deathgirl
11-22-2011, 04:01 PM
touching gifts, however, I've had plenty of

Lazortag
11-22-2011, 05:00 PM
touching gifts, however, I've had plenty of

I heard Tralina gave Aadill a "touching gift".

SearyxTZ
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575

(PENN STATE LOL)

serious response: a friend gave me a painting that she did and I was speechless

SearyxTZ
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
also: BJ for my birthday

just sayin'

that was pretty touching

Uthgaard
11-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I've got some ideas now.

Diggles
11-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I've got some ideas now.

From this thread all I see is giving someone a turkey that gives them a BJ precisely on their birthday.

And a guitar is involved.

Uthgaard
11-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Lol. I came up with my own ideas. I was just seeing what stuck with people as the most memorable.