PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Fletching bug?

DDraven
11-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure if anybody is aware, but there may be a fletching bug. When i put a hickory bow staff and a linen or silk string in the kit, the stats of the finished bow are supposed to be different depending on which type of string you use, but they aren't. I still get the dmg 10 delay 50 bow even if i use silk, which is supposed to give a dmg 8 delay 42 bow.

Jify
11-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure if anybody is aware, but there may be a fletching bug. When i put a hickory bow staff and a linen or silk string in the kit, the stats of the finished bow are supposed to be different depending on which type of string you use, but they aren't. I still get the dmg 10 delay 50 bow even if i use silk, which is supposed to give a dmg 8 delay 42 bow.

The bug does not apply to Elm bows. I was able to make a few this morning with silk strings to get a 39 delay bow.

Cheers,

Jify

DDraven
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
i made a rough elm recurve bow and the bug did apply. i used a silk string and my bow came back dmg 13 delay 51. i think the bug doesn't apply if you use the whittling blade.

Cruel_Novo
01-11-2010, 12:52 AM
I can confirm that this bug is still happening. No matter what string is used, you get the Hemp string delay. I wasn't able to test this on the "high end" bows... but, I tried it on Hickory and Elm using all 3 strings and got the same result. Here is a link that shows the correct dmg/delay for classic EQ bows:

http://home.comcast.net/~aoenla/fletchguide/bows.htm

Thanks for all your work Devs!

Uthgaard
09-19-2010, 07:17 PM
Pending update: ALL bows should give the correct stats when combined, restring correctly, have the correct stats when restrung, and restringing should be impossible to fail.

I double checked as I went, but there was a crazy amount of combines to edit, so pay close attention to what you wind up with, and report any errors.