PDA

View Full Version : Login problem, chrash before character creation screen.

CageMan
11-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi all, I could use some help please :)

I am unable to reach the character creation/selection screen when trying to log onto the Project 1999 PvP server. I get the following error, see screenshots below. I am able to connect to the EZ server without problems. I am running the Titanium edition and have followed the steps in the getting started guide.

Any suggestions on how to fix this are welcome :)

nilbog
11-20-2011, 12:20 PM
What race/class combination are you trying to use?

CageMan
11-20-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi nilbog,

Unfortunately I am not able to choose any race/class since the game crashes the instant the character select screen is loaded. :( I never get to see the 3D view of the character, I only get the black screen shown in the screenshot.

Mellor
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Anyone able to help with this?!

SyanideGas
11-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Are you missing something in your UI folder?

dalaimoc
11-23-2011, 01:21 PM
are you running the client in any exotic resolution ?

CageMan
11-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi SyanideGas and dalaimoc, thx for your replies.

I have copied the uichangesv2.zip files into the uifiles/default folder within my Everquest Directory as directed in the getting started guide, so I would guess that I have the required UI files? I have tried to run the client at many different resolutions without any luck. As mentioned in my first post I am able to log onto the EZ server and play without any problems, but I am not able to play on the two project 1999 servers.

Anyone here playing both on the EZ server and the project 1999 servers without problems?

Felwithemagi
11-24-2011, 11:57 PM
I play here and on the EZ server with no issues. You have not mentioned any details of your setup although it appears from your screen shot you are running in Windows 7, as I do. They only change I have made is I run the eqgame.exe in compatibility mode (XP SP3) and as administrator. I did this to correct some 'smoothness' when logging in and alt-tabbing. You might also try the WinEQ2 tool as I've read it helps several problems when zoning as well as it's other features:

http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/