PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Unable to enter shop in Halas

Flunklesnarkin
11-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Yah this probably isn't the most pressing bug.. but im a dork and go to random off the wall places...

In the city Halas there is a shop (i think its a tailoring one i wasn't able to go in) called Mac's Kilts (its /loc is 278.01, -234.15, 2.50)

You can open the door see the merchants inside.. but its like an invisible wall prevents you from actually running through.. i tried to move away from the door a few times to make sure I wasn't glitched or stuck in the door.. but I was still unable to go in.

I even tried to log off and back on without any change

Well there it is.. not the most pressing bug.. I doubt many people actually go there but figured I'd post it.

nilbog
11-20-2011, 11:56 AM
I tested this a while back, and needed more feedback.

Are you a small race?

What is your FPS?

If your FPS is above 60, try lowering it to 60 and going through the door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3jTvng_yo

Flunklesnarkin
11-21-2011, 02:42 PM
I tested this a while back, and needed more feedback.

Are you a small race?

What is your FPS?

If your FPS is above 60, try lowering it to 60 and going through the door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3jTvng_yo

Yes.. I am a small race (a dwarf).. I've never messed around with the fps but ill give that a shot if im ever in that area again..

I was just passing by and seemed odd to me... if you want me to try again sometime just poke me in game.. Im not usually up to anything super important heh.

Kabilos
11-21-2011, 06:02 PM
This happens with Barbarians, I am able to exit just fine but when walking into the building after clicking on the door it's like i have to jump and turn a wierd direction just to get into the door.

I experienced this on Red when I rolled a shaman.

Aicha
11-23-2011, 10:10 AM
This has happened to me, too. Will try the suggestion and post some feedback. :)

Grambo58
01-18-2012, 12:16 AM
This happened to me today. I am playing a gnome enchanter and couldn't get in. I used "illusion half elf" and still couldn't get in. When I used Illusion Human, I could get in, but now can't get out no matter what illusion I use. (I'm low level and that's all the illusions I have) :)

I can always gate out, but I'm not bound close, so I'll try a few more things including the FPS settings.

nilbog
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
so I'll try a few more things including the FPS settings.

Did it work?

Grambo58
02-21-2012, 05:05 AM
I'm sorry. No. It did not. I had to gate out.

jamsen
04-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Strange. When playing my erudite I encountered the same issue going into Mac's Kilts. I lowered my Max FPS and was able to enter. I was also able to exit the same building by doing the same.

Deverell
04-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Out of sheer curiosity, what is it that causes the max FPS value to determine whether or not you can pass? Does this occur elsewhere?

fadetree
05-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I would guess its some kind of per-frame movement delta interacting with local geometry to determine if you are moving 'enough' to cross the threshold...higher framerates mean a smaller measured movement delta and it may be under some threshold required to move through the door geometry...so its keeps setting you back 'in-place'. It may be some kind of attempt to prevent getting stuck in the doorway or something.

It would be interesting to see what happens if you are moving very slowly ( as in encumbered and walking ) vs. moving very quickly ( ie., under selos ).

Bigcountry23
03-12-2013, 11:20 AM
The primary doorway this is a problem with is for Cindl's shop. It is impacting small and medium races. This is replicable 100% of the time.

nilbog
04-23-2013, 02:08 PM
We need to force the game to run at ~60FPS imo. Would solve this issue and some others.

Num1RecommendedByDentists
04-23-2013, 02:10 PM
forcing 60fps would fix some things like levitate bugs

do it